Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Win a life in Napier, NZ

Win a life in Napier, NZ

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road
Default Win a life in Napier, NZ

Anyone heard of this over in the UK? I live in Napier and the city has run this promotion. Out of 3000 entries a family from Reading have won 6 months in Napier. My hubby's building company has provided the house and the kids will go to my oldest boys school. It will be fascinating to see how they get on and whether they will stay at the end. It was all done to promote Napier to the world, the entries came from everywhere, the last 5 families though were from the UK and Canada. So has the promotion worked, has Napier been promoted in England? Apparantly at the NZ show in London recently most had heard of the competition. They arrive in January and get everything from haircuts to fresh fish given to them free. Oh and even a facial once a month!!!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

kathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant futurekathm has a brilliant future

Hi,

I entered this competition - got nowhere obviously - boo!!!

However, since reading up about Napier when I entered the comp and having seen the Napier City Council seminar in London last month I am totally convinced that Napier is where I want to be - or at least Hawkes Bay area.

Am I living in dreamland thinking that it is a fantastic place to bring up kids???

Anyway, the comp certainly raised Napier's profile with me.

Kath
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Win a life in Napier, NZ

Originally posted by DaisyNZ
Anyone heard of this over in the UK? I live in Napier and the city has run this promotion. Out of 3000 entries a family from Reading have won 6 months in Napier. My hubby's building company has provided the house and the kids will go to my oldest boys school. It will be fascinating to see how they get on and whether they will stay at the end. It was all done to promote Napier to the world, the entries came from everywhere, the last 5 families though were from the UK and Canada. So has the promotion worked, has Napier been promoted in England? Apparantly at the NZ show in London recently most had heard of the competition. They arrive in January and get everything from haircuts to fresh fish given to them free. Oh and even a facial once a month!!!
Never heard of it!
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 8:02 pm
Banned

sado is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Win a life in Napier, NZ

Originally posted by Larissa
Never heard of it!
i;d never heard of it and ive been trying to get to napier for months as i got a job to start with herbert construction and then i find out a lad in my daughters class parents are the winners small world or what
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

I'd been working in Reading for several years before coming to Hawkes Bay. Far superior for school kids I should imagine with the beaches/activities/weather etc. Napier is really nice, would definetly recommend Havelock. Hastings a bit likely Whitley but with reasonable shopping.
Roger
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

""i;d never heard of it and ive been trying to get to napier for months as i got a job to start with herbert construction and then i find out a lad in my daughters class parents are the winners small world or what""

That is an incredible coincidence!! Did you talk to the winners? They were on National TV here once they were chosen, the boys names are Zac and Wes. How did you get your job offer? and are you still coming out here? By the way, the Mum and Dad both have careers that Hawkes Bay are in need of, so I'm sure that had something to do with the choice!! My hubby's building company are now advertising "Win a Life in Napier Open Home", so for the next couple of months people will be looking around the house that has been built for them!! Pretty good free advertising for the company!! So the family are going from your school to ours! Definitely a small world.
Old Nov 3rd 2003, 10:56 am
Banned

sado is an unknown quantity at this point

i saw the house on the net and was wondering how much a house like that would cost