Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Win a Life in Napier

Win a Life in Napier

Old Jan 11th 2004, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road
Default Win a Life in Napier

Well, the family touched down in Napier today!! Can you believe they were the 4th national news item today on the 6 o clock news. How about that. But I did feel sorry for them when I saw their car, it's been sponsored so it had the sponsors name down the side, but also a HUGE 'win a life in Napier' sign down the side too. They won't be able to go anywhere without people looking at them.

Anyway, Polyanna, I was wrong. On the news tonight they did say that the competition had been done for population growth. In the earlier thread I said I thought it was to bring tourists money, but they quite clearly stated on the news that it was to bring in more immigrants.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:16 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Win a Life in Napier

Well publicity is the game for the promoters, and the winners are getting numerous great prizes, so I am not feeling too sorry for them, but do wish them good luck.

The only thing I suppose the promoters need to watch out for, is that too much attention/pressure to succeed might drive them back to Reading, which would not be great publicity for their cause
Old Jan 11th 2004, 9:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like they might have a tough time ahead - everyone will know exactly who they are for starters.
I wish them luck - think they'll need it!

Pollyana