Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Williamstown, Vic images for anya4oz!!

Wikiposts

Williamstown, Vic images for anya4oz!!

Old May 17th 2004, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Williamstown, Vic images for anya4oz!!

Anya and Mark

Here's some Williamstown images for you as promised in my PM!

Firstly, on The Strand looking towards the yacht clubs, Gem Pier etc.

OzTennis
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Old May 17th 2004, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

This is a view of Jawbone Nature Reserve and Port Phillip Bay from a property in the Rifle Range Estate which was for sale:

OzTennis
Attached Images
Old May 17th 2004, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

View of the city from The Strand.

OzTennis
Attached Thumbnails Williamstown, Vic images for anya4oz!!-te-williamstown-view-city-strand.jpg  
Old May 17th 2004, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It looks like .bmp files come up as a link but .jpg files appear in the thread.

View from the end of Gem Pier:

OzTennis
Attached Images
Old May 17th 2004, 10:03 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

jpegs are also compressed (smaller file size ie quicker download) and are the standard format for photos on the net.
Old May 17th 2004, 10:09 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Williamstown, Vic images for anya4oz!!

Originally posted by OzTennis
Anya and Mark

Here's some Williamstown images for you as promised in my PM!

Firstly, on The Strand looking towards the yacht clubs, Gem Pier etc.

OzTennis
Thanks Oz, lovely pics. The view back across to CBD is great - and just as good at night, too. Guess our mission for tomorrow is to find the best chips in Williamstown

Cheers,
Anya & MMW
Old May 17th 2004, 10:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by anya4oz
Thanks Oz, lovely pics. The view back across to CBD is great - and just as good at night, too. Guess our mission for tomorrow is to find the best chips in Williamstown

Cheers,
Anya & MMW
Best chips - try Top of the Bay (corner of The Strand and Ferguson St - best view anywhere from a chip shop?), Mussels in Nelson Place and many say the best is in Ferguson Street near the pedestrian crossing. Enjoy! I'll post more pics when I get the chance. Thanks for the technical advice too BP, I knew it had to do with file size under the different formats. Presumably an image which is bmp can be saved as jpg.

Nice images too at Top of the Bay (not the restaurant/chip shop):

http://www.melbournesbays.org/efeatures/topofthebay.htm

OzTennis
Old May 17th 2004, 10:26 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by OzTennis
Best chips - try Top of the Bay (corner of The Strand and Ferguson St - best view anywhere from a chip shop?), Mussels in Nelson Place and many say the best is in Ferguson Street near the pedestrian crossing. Enjoy! I'll post more pics when I get the chance. Thanks for the technical advice too BP, I knew it had to do with file size under the different formats. Presumably an image which is bmp can be saved as jpg.

Nice images too at Top of the Bay (not the restaurant/chip shop):

http://www.melbournesbays.org/efeatures/topofthebay.htm

OzTennis
You can use Microsoft paint to convert the images. Every PC has it in the accessories menu. The zoombrowser software I got with my Digital Camera (available from www.canon.com and look in the downloads for digital compact cameras and select a powershot A80) has a good program for mass converting pictures.
Old May 17th 2004, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Commonwealth Reserve, Gem Pier, Pelican's Landing

OzTennis
Attached Images
Old May 17th 2004, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by bondipom
You can use Microsoft paint to convert the images. Every PC has it in the accessories menu. The zoombrowser software I got with my Digital Camera (available from www.canon.com and look in the downloads for digital compact cameras and select a powershot A80) has a good program for mass converting pictures.
Thanks again BP, I'll experiment with that when I get a chance. For now I'll just keep posting them in whatever format they are saved in.

OzTennis
Old May 17th 2004, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They have a special 'Bike Day' so this is bikes on the Westgate Bridge on 'Bike Day'. I wouldn't recommend commuting each day to the city this way.

OzTennis
Attached Images
Old May 17th 2004, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

City view from the Newport end of The Strand:

OzTennis
Attached Images
Old May 17th 2004, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

39 Victoria Street by the builder George Bourakis:

OzTennis
Attached Images
39 victoria street .bmp (1.37 MB, 75 views)
Old May 18th 2004, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Reserve, The Esplanade:

OzTennis
Attached Images
williamstown beach reserve.bmp (1.37 MB, 125 views)
Old May 18th 2004, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another view from 3 Lakeside Place, RRE:

OzTennis
Attached Thumbnails Williamstown, Vic images for anya4oz!!-3-lakeside-place.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.