Will It Work?

Old Jul 18th 2004, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

jrsuk73 has a spectacular aura aboutjrsuk73 has a spectacular aura aboutjrsuk73 has a spectacular aura about
Default Will It Work?

WHEN MOVING TO AUS WHAT ELECTRICALS WILL WORK AND WHAT WONT IE: DVD PLAYERS PLAYSTATION AND X BOXES.
ARE THERE ANY PROBLEMS WITH TV'S OR ANY OTHER MAJOR APPLIANCES.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:31 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will It Work?

Originally posted by jrsuk73
WHEN MOVING TO AUS WHAT ELECTRICALS WILL WORK AND WHAT WONT IE: DVD PLAYERS PLAYSTATION AND X BOXES.
ARE THERE ANY PROBLEMS WITH TV'S OR ANY OTHER MAJOR APPLIANCES.
If you do a search on this forum you'll find all the answers. But in a nutshell, electrical stuff will work with a new plug, TV's will probably get pictures OK but may or may not get sound depending on model, age, etc, this can be got around by buying a cheap Aussie video or getting cable / satellite. X-Box is the same all over the world, except for when you use it for watching DVD's becasue like regular DVD players, they are often locked to a particular region, e.g. Region 2 Europe.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:31 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

please do not write in capitals it is considered shouting !

all electrical items work ok...computers, playstations, cd players etc..vaccuum cleaners all that.
tvs you will need to buy an australian dvd/vidoe player and run tv through it
try doing a search on this subject..this question has been asked lots of times....

we didnt bring our fridge though cos it was old and the seal wasnt too good..otherwise we would have used it for a beer fridge!....we need a much bigger fridge here than in the uk cos i put more things in it here than i did in the uk!..
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

I also think I read somewhere that they have changed the laws about bring ing fridges and freezers in. Apparently they may remove the refrigerant which you will have to replace and some expense. Anyway whatever it was that I read it made us decide to leave our fridge and freezer here and buy new out there.

Lindsey
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Also all garden items including lawn mowers, strimmers etc have to be absolutely spotless, not a sign of grass or soil anywhere.

Lindsey
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:52 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lindseyden
I also think I read somewhere that they have changed the laws about bring ing fridges and freezers in.
It's here
Old Jul 18th 2004, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by wmoore
It's here
Thanks

Lindsey