Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will visa be refused?

Will visa be refused?

Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

aaron11green is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will visa be refused?

Thanks for the help with my previous post. Was just wondering if I will be refused a visa as Ive been on Incapacity Benefit for around 8 years here in UK and maybe they will think Im just going to start claiming from Australia if I move there? My Husband is an auto electrician so he should be ok getting visa but as his wife Im not sure how thay will view my circumstances?

Please can anyone give their thoughts? Not worth applying for visa if I know I will be refused!!! x
Old Mar 28th 2006, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will visa be refused?

Originally Posted by aaron11green
Thanks for the help with my previous post. Was just wondering if I will be refused a visa as Ive been on Incapacity Benefit for around 8 years here in UK and maybe they will think Im just going to start claiming from Australia if I move there? My Husband is an auto electrician so he should be ok getting visa but as his wife Im not sure how thay will view my circumstances?

Please can anyone give their thoughts? Not worth applying for visa if I know I will be refused!!! x
Again, none of us can really help with these kind of personal questions. Peter Bollard or someone similar will be able to advise much better than any of us.

I don't remember the forms asking any such questions, but then again they have just changed them. I think they will be more interested in how you will be able to support youself in Oz than here
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:49 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aaron11green

Im wondering if you have the funds to support yourself and not claim any benefits for this condition, if that would help your case.

Might be worth doing a search for Peter Bollard in the migration forum, hes meant to be good with cases of medical conditions and people speak highly of him.

I know they have a budget of so much per person and those that may cost the gov. substantial fees is what they are looking for.

But if you can support yourself, it might be different. Worth checking.

Good luck

Samantha
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You won't be entitled to any benefits for a couple of years anyway, and I doubt if you would qualify after that.

If you did qualify then they may not let you in.

I don't think this forum can give you the answer.

best talk to an agent.

G
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
You won't be entitled to any benefits for a couple of years anyway, and I doubt if you would qualify after that.

If you did qualify then they may not let you in.

I don't think this forum can give you the answer.

best talk to an agent.

G
PS. As medicare is a legal right DIMA will not be interested in whether you can support yourself or not.

If you are likely to be a drain on the medicare system (even if you do not intend to claim) they may deny you a visa.

G