Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will they ever let me in?

Will they ever let me in?

Old May 5th 2009, 1:30 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will they ever let me in?

Started the whole process for my visa in November last year when I sent off my skills assessment, lodged my visa application in February as a Primary School Teacher on a GSM 175 (non CSL/MODL/SS).

Does anyone else in the same situation as myself (not knowing when your visa will get processed) ever have really 'down days' wondering if it'll ever happen? I'm close to tears today @ the utter frustration of knowing none of the states will even sponsor me and that my visa may well not be processed this side of 3 years time...

Sorry for having a gurn (moan) but I was just hoping I'm not alone?! This whole Australia thing has taken over my life, and I'm really trying to put it to the back of my mind, but it just wont go away! I wont give up, even if it does take 3 years, but at the same time, I get so frustrated @ times!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol

Anyone?!
Old May 5th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Will they ever let me in?

Hey Jen, welcome to your life on hold, its a minging thing to go through, ive been stuck in the loop of getting visa, selling house(or not in my case) for 21/2 years, just be patient, the visa granted e-mail makes it all worth the wait, and anyway now is hardly the time to be rushing out of the uk , assuming youve got a job, so chill out a bit, it WILL happen!
Old May 5th 2009, 3:28 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris1386
Hey Jen, welcome to your life on hold, its a minging thing to go through, ive been stuck in the loop of getting visa, selling house(or not in my case) for 21/2 years, just be patient, the visa granted e-mail makes it all worth the wait, and anyway now is hardly the time to be rushing out of the uk , assuming youve got a job, so chill out a bit, it WILL happen!
Yeah I'm in a permanent full-time post, so I guess I should be thankful for what I do have at this moment in time! I couldn't go to Oz 2moro anyways as I've yet to even put the house on the market...but even just to see the ball rolling again would make me feel not so much in limbo as I currently do!

Are you over there @ the moment urself? Which part?
Old May 5th 2009, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

shellynelly will become famous soon enoughshellynelly will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Started the whole process for my visa in November last year when I sent off my skills assessment, lodged my visa application in February as a Primary School Teacher on a GSM 175 (non CSL/MODL/SS).

Does anyone else in the same situation as myself (not knowing when your visa will get processed) ever have really 'down days' wondering if it'll ever happen? I'm close to tears today @ the utter frustration of knowing none of the states will even sponsor me and that my visa may well not be processed this side of 3 years time...

Sorry for having a gurn (moan) but I was just hoping I'm not alone?! This whole Australia thing has taken over my life, and I'm really trying to put it to the back of my mind, but it just wont go away! I wont give up, even if it does take 3 years, but at the same time, I get so frustrated @ times!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol

Anyone?!

Hi Jen

I know what you are going through, well we all do
it took us 2 years to get our visa's, it was such an emotional rollercoaster, but as already said it is all worth it when you get your visa granted,
good luck anyway and try to get on with your life in the meantime i know its hard but this site does help an awful lot
michelle x
Old May 5th 2009, 11:12 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I'm in a permanent full-time post, so I guess I should be thankful for what I do have at this moment in time! I couldn't go to Oz 2moro anyways as I've yet to even put the house on the market...but even just to see the ball rolling again would make me feel not so much in limbo as I currently do!

Are you over there @ the moment urself? Which part?
Will you ever houl yer wist,sit down and have a wee cup of tea and bandenburg
Old May 6th 2009, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

I suppose on the up side recessions don't last forever and I'm sure that there will be a turnaround sooner or later. Once that happens Aus will start importing lots of people again.
Old May 6th 2009, 6:43 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Thanks everyone
Old May 6th 2009, 8:35 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
I suppose on the up side recessions don't last forever and I'm sure that there will be a turnaround sooner or later. Once that happens Aus will start importing lots of people again.
I'd echo that Jen. Also, you're very proactive so you will see any opportunities that come along.

The waiting is hard, hopefully there will be some positive news for the new migration year.

Take care,
Cooler
Old May 6th 2009, 9:10 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
I'd echo that Jen. Also, you're very proactive so you will see any opportunities that come along.

The waiting is hard, hopefully there will be some positive news for the new migration year.

Take care,
Cooler
Aw thanks Cooler, how's u anyways? Any news?
Old May 7th 2009, 10:37 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Aw thanks Cooler, how's u anyways? Any news?
Gave verbal notice to our Head last Friday and gave my written notice yesterday House sale still on the go, £20k under the offering price and £40k under what we'd have got a year ago. Can't hang around though as I'm an old fogey and need to catch a few sharks etc Get paid up until Aug 31st so that's good and if I need to do supply in the Autumn, then that's ok.

It's hard for you and many others, we still have worries about being taken off the CSL. I am sure you will get in, it just may take a little longer. Wish we could help you but will keep our fingers crossed.

Year 11 leave a week on Friday

Roll on half-term!

Cooler
Old May 7th 2009, 11:47 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Gave verbal notice to our Head last Friday and gave my written notice yesterday House sale still on the go, £20k under the offering price and £40k under what we'd have got a year ago. Can't hang around though as I'm an old fogey and need to catch a few sharks etc Get paid up until Aug 31st so that's good and if I need to do supply in the Autumn, then that's ok.

It's hard for you and many others, we still have worries about being taken off the CSL. I am sure you will get in, it just may take a little longer. Wish we could help you but will keep our fingers crossed.

Year 11 leave a week on Friday

Roll on half-term!

Cooler
Flip, can u retract ur notice if needs be?! Dear knows what changes are ahead, everyone's fed up with the goalposts being moved constantly!!!
Old May 7th 2009, 12:12 pm
Capt Hilts

Flip, can u retract ur notice if needs be?! Dear knows what changes are ahead, everyone's fed up with the goalposts being moved constantly!!!
Well, they'll be advertising my job this week so probably not. It will be supply, short contract or another job if they move the goal posts - there would be tears in our household if that happened. Rather hand my notice in than have to wait until Christmas to leave and find work.

They'll let you in as well

Cooler
Old May 7th 2009, 12:13 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Well, they'll be advertising my job this week so probably not. It will be supply, short contract or another job if they move the goal posts - there would be tears in our household if that happened. Rather hand my notice in than have to wait until Christmas to leave and find work.

They'll let you in as well

Cooler
I hope so!
Old May 7th 2009, 5:14 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

The waiting is awful
I was checking my emails at 6am and before bed at 11pm. It overtook my life and it doesn't get any better if you get a case officer because then you check even more!!!
We applied in September and granted in March.
The waiting is definately the hardest part - the not knowing and uncertainty.
I think once you know at least you can sort the house and get things moving
(she says - house on market next week!! )
Good luck
J x
Old May 7th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

try and come on a temporary visa then later on worry about getting pr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.