Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will my digital tv work on australian digital system

Will my digital tv work on australian digital system

Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

loomatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will my digital tv work on australian digital system

I have a wide screen tv with a integrated digital reciever - im moving to Brisbane will my tv work there on digital transmissions ---- any ideas??
matt.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:02 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will my digital tv work on australian digital system

Originally Posted by loomatt
I have a wide screen tv with a integrated digital reciever - im moving to Brisbane will my tv work there on digital transmissions ---- any ideas??
matt.
Hi.

You need to check the manual to see if it is capable or receiving PAL BG. We are PAL-I here so even if your current TV is only PAL-I capable you will be able to receive the sound through the video tuner.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 2:27 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, you should receive the digital transmissions just fine. Be aware, though, that we currently don't have the multitude of "freeview" channels that you get in the UK. See http://www.dba.org.au for more info about digital tv in Australia.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

Somewhat related... (?!)

Will a UK DVD player work on an Australian TV through scart? Is it just RF that differs between PAL formats?

Thank you kindly!
Ed
Old Jul 17th 2006, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

martinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to allmartinw01908 is a name known to all

Wow only 6 channels to watch and the Tv's are a lot - £400-£500 for a CRT integrated digi tv!
Old Jul 17th 2006, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinw01908
Wow only 6 channels to watch and the Tv's are a lot - £400-£500 for a CRT integrated digi tv!
You dont have to get the integrated tuner though, in fact i would strongly advise against it at present. As the powers that be in this country havn't finalised where exactly they are going with the various Digi formats.

Use a SD Set top box with any (costs about 70 aud) TV via the AV or composite... (or DVI and SVideo for that matter) n at present until the situation gets clarified.

BTW what part of MK you from, I've got a veritable army of a family all over MK.

More detailed advice here...

http://www.dtvforum.info/

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 17th 2006 at 10:49 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noonard
Somewhat related... (?!)

Will a UK DVD player work on an Australian TV through scart? Is it just RF that differs between PAL formats?

Thank you kindly!
Ed
Yes, although scart is not commonly seen here in Aussie, We tend to use Composite, (3 colour cable for video) or DVI or HDMI, Dont be to worried because you can get conversion cables, at places like Dick Smiths... Jaycar.... and Tandy.

BTW, you can buy a Tevion DVD player, 5.1 channel at any aldi here for 49 bucks. Thats probably only 25 bucks more than the Cables...

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jul 17th 2006 at 10:51 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yes, although scart is not commonly seen here in Aussie, We tend to use Composite, (3 colour cable for video) or DVI or HDMI, Dont be to worried because you can get conversion cables, at places like Dick Smiths... Jaycar.... and Tandy.

BTW, you can buy a Tevion DVD player, 5.1 channel at any aldi here for 49 bucks. Thats probably only 25 bucks more than the Cables...
Thanks for the info. I only want to take mine over because it plays DivX movies - whatever they are...
Old Jul 18th 2006, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by noonard
Thanks for the info. I only want to take mine over because it plays DivX movies - whatever they are...
Very useful a DivX player, Thats how most movies and tv shows are formated on the internet.

I have to play my downloads through my pc connected to my TV.
Old Jul 18th 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Hi,is it worth me bringing my dvd recorder?If I wire it through a digital box will I be able to record off tv?Cheers Dave