Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will english Playstation work on Oz TV????

Will english Playstation work on Oz TV????

Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough
Default Will english Playstation work on Oz TV????

Hi

I understand that UK TV's generally will not work in OZ but will our playstation work on an OZ TV or will we need to bring an english TV purely for use with the playstation.

Any views, greatly appreciated.

Nicky
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:43 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will english Playstation work on Oz TV????

Should plug straight in as most TV here have phono connectors rather than scart. Playstation 2 was ok.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by datamile
Should plug straight in as most TV here have phono connectors rather than scart. Playstation 2 was ok.
thanks for that! Looks like i win my bet with hubby!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

lele.juggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. Have a working English Playstation 2 here in Perth connected to OzTV. Oz TV's do not usually have scart connections, so need to use the phono connection, which usually also comes with Playstation, or can buy seperately. I am not sure if Oz Playstation games will work on an English PS2, not bought one yet, so maybe someone knows the answer to that - if not you need to bring PS2 games over with it, which is what we have done for now.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lele.juggins
Yes. Have a working English Playstation 2 here in Perth connected to OzTV. Oz TV's do not usually have scart connections, so need to use the phono connection, which usually also comes with Playstation, or can buy seperately. I am not sure if Oz Playstation games will work on an English PS2, not bought one yet, so maybe someone knows the answer to that - if not you need to bring PS2 games over with it, which is what we have done for now.

UK games work on an Aus PS, so I'd presume that Aus ones would work on a UK PS
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:47 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

When I spoke to the guys in eb games, they said that Oz games will play on UK playstations (2) , and if you look on the back they even say Sony Corp Europe as we are both in the PAL region.

They said we could bring them back if they didn't.

Wikipedia says...

"Software for all PlayStation consoles implements regional lockout by containing one of four region codes: NTSC/J for Japan and Asia, NTSC-U/C for North America, PAL for Europe and Oceania, and NTSC/C for China"
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

Can confirm because son is a gaming nut.

Oz games are PAL (same as UK and Europe) so no problems with playing PS games in Oz when bought in UK.