Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wilfo's Horrorscope

Wilfo's Horrorscope

Old Sep 1st 2003, 7:12 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Wilfo's Horrorscope

Hi Wilfo,

I've noticed you are promoting your 'musical life story' or some baloney like that.

There's been a lot of planetry activity of late, so I took the trouble of reading your horrorscope Wilfo (no need to thank me) and thought you could write a little play scripted around its contents. This I think would provide more entertainment and better value for the punters. Here goes:

In your younger years you were warm and caring, and these were your most endearing characteristics. You got on well with most people because you saw the good in everyone and were trusting. In other words, you was a dumb-arse without even the common sense of a carrot.

Now you tend to be headstrong and deliberate in your actions.
Basically, you don't give a s**t about anyone. Most people hate you, but you couldn't care less. Someone to whom you owe money to is likely to beat the shit out of you this month. No one will send you a 'Get Well' card. Your Mother will send a 'Thank You' card to the guy who did it.

Your offline relationships are suffering, but you just can't seem to figure out why. Could it be because they don't exist anymore? Saying "Good morning" to the Postman once every two months or so cannot be accurately described as a "social life"; no matter how desperate you are to convince yourself that you still have one. Things are not looking any better for your online relationships: you are likely to be contacted by affection-starved Internet She-beasts seeking new people to stalk.

I will try and do another reading for you next month, and as I say, no need to thank me.

BTW: This month will see Pluto move behind Uranus. Exactly what Pluto will do behind Uranus is anybody's guess, but the video should sell for about £19.99.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:40 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wilfo's Horrorscope

Originally posted by chippy
Hi Wilfo,

I've noticed you are promoting your 'musical life story' or some baloney like that.

There's been a lot of planetry activity of late, so I took the trouble of reading your horrorscope Wilfo (no need to thank me) and thought you could write a little play scripted around its contents. This I think would provide more entertainment and better value for the punters. Here goes:

In your younger years you were warm and caring, and these were your most endearing characteristics. You got on well with most people because you saw the good in everyone and were trusting. In other words, you was a dumb-arse without even the common sense of a carrot.

Basically, you don't give a s**t about anyone. Most people hate you, but you couldn't care less. Someone to whom you owe money to is likely to beat the shit out of you this month. No one will send you a 'Get Well' card. Your Mother will send a 'Thank You' card to the guy who did it.

Your offline relationships are suffering, but you just can't seem to figure out why. Could it be because they don't exist anymore? Saying "Good morning" to the Postman once every two months or so cannot be accurately described as a "social life"; no matter how desperate you are to convince yourself that you still have one. Things are not looking any better for your online relationships: you are likely to be contacted by affection-starved Internet She-beasts seeking new people to stalk.

I will try and do another reading for you next month, and as I say, no need to thank me.

BTW: This month will see Pluto move behind Uranus. Exactly what Pluto will do behind Uranus is anybody's guess, but the video should sell for about £19.99.
You don't have to agree with Wilf, or even like him, but posting this s**t is just getting personal, try concentrating on your own life and a little less on other peoples.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jayr
You don't have to agree with Wilf, or even like him, but posting this s**t is just getting personal, try concentrating on your own life and a little less on other peoples.

Thank you jayr. You are risking being tarred with the "loathsome" brush here but your preparedness to stand up for me, even when what I say is so unpopular, just shows your tolerance for others and your decency. As you say, I may not be saying what people want to hear, or what they personally believe is the case, but that does not mean I should be discouraged from saying it. Is there really no room for even one dissenting opinion without others dictating how that opinion is expressed? There are a lot of things that people say on this forum that I know are completely wrong or too idealised. I often say what I think, but I do not try to ban them or start new threads just attacking them without any cause at all.

I can hear the forum voices already: "You have asked for it." If that is really the view of a lot of people here on someone who says what they do not want to hear then that is not the world that I grew up in and I am glad of it. In my world, it was important, it was life and death, that people disagreed with the staus quo and the general opinion.

This sounds melodramatic does it not to compare a stupid little thing like a forum to free speech? It makes me smile and feel daft. To me, though, it just shows how far things have gone. If you cannot speak freely and say what you want on a silly little forum, what chance is there that you can say what you think these days when the stakes are much higher?
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:14 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Wilf

I have had many problems with posts being deleted on here myself (you'll remember the "Collett period") by over zealous 'moderators'. You'll also be aware of my views that there has in the past been some pretty disturbing views aired on this forum with regard to immigration, which I always find hypocritical. I find it a little unsettling that many of these views go almost unchallenged yet posts of general personal opinion on life in Oz elicit a host of scornful and personal attacks. I do not agree with everything you or others say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. If a line needs to be drawn, as it inevitably does if only to comply with the law, then posts which incite crime, racial hatred or are libellous should be removed and posters who persist should be 'banned'. As for the rest - anything goes - however much of it may be boring, inane, repetitive or disagreeable.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by chippy
Hi Wilfo,

Of all the words and actions that came into my head when I read your post, there is only one thing I can print here on this family site and it is the last reply you will ever get from me:

Thank God I am not you.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:43 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Wilf
Thank God I am not you.
What've clay idols or figments of the imagination got to do with it?

however much of it may be boring, inane, repetitive or disagreeable.
Righto, s**tty personal attacks are in then if you say so.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:50 am
Karma Comedian

Originally posted by Megalania

Righto, s**tty personal attacks are in then if you say so.

With freedom comes responsibility
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:54 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

With freedom comes responsibility
Self censure or mob censure?
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

What've clay idols or figments of the imagination got to do with it?
I am hedging my bets and suggest you do likewise. What harm if it is all rubbish, but what if it is all true?
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

You like chippy's post? Answer honestly and tell me.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 1:00 am
Karma Comedian

I am not for the rule of the mob. I think my previous post would imply that self censorship of the sort of inane and offensive drivel that sometimes gets posted on here would be advised. Personal attacks tend to provoke the same.

Last edited by jayr; Sep 2nd 2003 at 1:03 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 1:03 am
Banned

You like chippy's post? Answer honestly and tell me.
A moment's self censure seemed lacking.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 1:06 am
Banned

I am hedging my bets and suggest you do likewise. What harm if it is all rubbish, but what if it is all true?
What's the probability of all me atoms spontaneously forming a black hole and sucking the earth in with 'em?
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 1:10 am
Karma Comedian

What's the probability of all me atoms spontaneously forming a black hole and sucking the earth in with 'em?

Slim but possible
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

A moment's self censure seemed lacking.
Thank you. I have posted a lot of stuff against Oz here and as you are an Ozzie I could have expected a lot from you but the worst you have said is that I am "flea bitten". That is rather funny and to some extent true. Your restraint is respected by me and I find you and Florida a very good advert for Ozzies. Certainly a lot better than this site is for the British in general anyway. Thank my clay idol for some of the very nice and decent people on here otherwise I should hate to think what an impression it gives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.