wife swap

Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:55 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hey Pollyana,
maybe that's why we're all emigrating?

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:05 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
This probably sounds really snobby and elitist, but its very scary to think that not only are there families living like that, but that they can't see anything is wrong with their lives. The little kids will be saying f*** as every second word before they are even at school. I just feel so sorry for children who are brought up like that, because unless they are exceptionally strong characters their lives will be just like those of their parents. What hope have they got?
And I'm afraid I just have no respect for people who have 8 children, but just don't earn a living; merely exist on benefits when they are quite capable of working. Theres almost something immoral about it.

I'm sorry if any of that sounds harsh, its just my personal view.
Couldn't agree more Pollyana...I've frequently heard small children talking who have obviously been brought up on the f-word diet and it makes me think 'what sort of attitudes to life and language have these kids been exposed to?'
And as far as having 8 kids whilst living on benefits........have they not heard of contraception?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its almost as if some people think they have the right to have as many children as they like - and the rest of us will support them.
Strange outlook on life, always strikes me as rather selfish, and the children rarely seem to get any benefit from the fact that they have both parents around all day.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:10 pm
WBB

did i hear correctly when she said they were getting 37k a year in benefits!!!!!

madness:lecture:

Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:24 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pollyana
Its almost as if some people think they have the right to have as many children as they like - and the rest of us will support them.
Strange outlook on life, always strikes me as rather selfish, and the children rarely seem to get any benefit from the fact that they have both parents around all day.
These kind of people really pee me off.
We put a lot of care and thought into being parents. Never claimed a benifit for them at all, except family allow which we don't get here in NZ and thats fine by me. We decided that we wanted me to be a stay at home mum for the kids and bore the financial cost of that choice, no hols abroad, no clothes from Next (except sales) etc etc. My hubby works long hours to pay for the few treats we have. Then you go to sports day (hubby dosn't cause working) and sit next to people who you know are claiming benifits and havn't worked in living memory, and what are they doing? Filming it with a top of the range camcorder or taking pictures with there brand new digital camera

On top of all that you work really hard at bringing up well behaved kids with good standards and then they go to school and are surrounded by the spawn of these people. Kids who are a primary school smoking, bringing knives and their language is shocking. Using the f word in everyday talk with their parents. Its than I feel really annoyed we work so hard as parents and these brats are chipping away at all our efforts to raise good kids.

There I feel better now I've got that off my chest!!!

Paula
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:34 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Paula, you have it exactly as I meant. Those two were getting £37k in benefits (you did hear right Welshboybilly) - probably from lots of combined unemployment, housing etc. as well as family credit or whatever its called now.
I don't have any kids, but my sister does, and she is just like you - prefers to stay at home with them, the most she will do is a couple of hours cleaning, and the little 'un goes with her, carrying her own duster! They don't have expensive holidays, and though they are OK for money, they certainly have to think before they blow it on expensive clothes or anything like that.
I've met some of her childrens' friends, and a lot of them are dreadful - cheek their parents, have no respect for property or belongings, and the language - well, we heard it tonight. My sister has a tough job getting her kids to behave well, and have good manners, when they are surrounded by little hooligans who need their mouths washed out! Yet the sad thing is, that no-one will ever teach those children to do any different.

Pollyana
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:21 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by markeh

Now I know why I'm emmigrating

You wait, can't speak for the rest of Oz, but Perth is chock full of Northern plebs like the ones you are describing here.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:23 am
owieb

Originally posted by renth
You wait, can't speak for the rest of Oz, but Perth is chock full of Northern plebs like the ones you are describing here.
I second that! :lecture:

Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:34 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there any Aussies left in Perth? Have you Poms scared them off?
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:34 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by renth

These kinds of people are everywhere. Plenty of them in the UK and I've seen quite a few in NZ too.

You will never get away from them, it doesn't make the situation any less irritating though

Paula
Old Oct 8th 2003, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Being in NZ I missed this delightful programme. Exactally which town did they come from? just so I can clarify where a "Northern pleb" is from.

Gill Ex Co-Durham now NZ
NOT A NORTHERN PLEB
Old Oct 8th 2003, 4:37 am
Home and Happy

Can't say for sure which town Gill, but I think I remember a mention of Rochdale. Didn't take much notice of that bit, as they reminded me of many people I know around here (Brighton) - the south has "plebs" just as much as the north, doesn't it.
They really were a delightful couple, I have to say. The sort most people would go out of their way to avoid.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by markeh
Hey Pollyana,
maybe that's why we're all emigrating?

Bye
Markeh
As Oweib and Renth pointed out, you will be in for a bit of a shock here then. Far worse bludging than I have seen anywhere I have ever lived. As for disgusting people, try the shops on Dole Day, it will make you puke.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 6:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
As Oweib and Renth pointed out, you will be in for a bit of a shock here then. Far worse bludging than I have seen anywhere I have ever lived. As for disgusting people, try the shops on Dole Day, it will make you puke.
Like the Northerner who came in to Good Sammy yesterday and talked to the volunteers in there like they were shit then proceeded to haggle over a pair of dead man's shoes.

Very classy...
Old Oct 8th 2003, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.