wife in coma

Old Mar 16th 2005, 1:31 am
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wife in coma

Hi arsh..

So very sorry to hear about your circumstances, just want to send my love and best wishes, hope your wife makes a full recovery very soon.

Debxxxx
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:40 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I would def email them and see if possible to delay, I am sure they will answer quickly, late evening is a good time to try them.

I also wanted to let you know that 3 years ago my closest friend went through a similar experience to your wife, she was in icu for a number of weeks but eventually pulled through and has made a complete recovery, it must be a terrifying time for you, wish you all the best.

Spalens wife!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Hi Arsh,
I think that you may still be allowed to carry on with your application and get your wife's visa added later. We have been granted our visa but have had to remove my stepdaughter from the application as we are waiting to get custody. We have been told that once we have that she will then be granted her visa very quickly as they already have all the information.We are not leaving the UK without her and will wait until hers is granted.They may do the same with yours, although I know the situations are very different.
We are all sending our best wishes for your wife and hope that she will be fine but maybe she would like you to continue with the application rather than withdraw it. After all we all know what a long process this is. I would definately advise you to speak directly to your case officer and they will give you the best advice, some officers have been having problems with their emails lately. I have also heard that they will postpone any further processing for you rather than the application being lost altogether.
Good luck Arsh,
Tracey.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to heard your dreadful news Best wishes to you and your famillies at this time.

As some have said contact your case officer. We had to get an extention just for paperwork delays and they did that no dramas, so with something like this i'm sure that it wouldn't be any problem at all, all the very best of luck whatever your decision.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

thinking of you and your family at this time and sending you lots of good wishes. hope your wife recovers soon.
I work on special care baby unit and have come across this quite alot, all the women we have seen in this condition have pulled through against all odds, like sam says, have faith in the staff looking after your wife and be strong for her and your new babe.

Trish
x
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:02 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Arsh

Just wanted to add my best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery, be strong for your son.

Louise
Old Mar 16th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Arsh I have sent you a pm please let me know if you need any help
Mary
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Sorry to hear about your problems, but wouldn't it be far better to email the case officer, explain the situation and ask for all the applications to be cancelled until the situation becomes clearer.
Asking for the applications to be cancelled would *not* be a good idea.

In visa terms (at least looking at the rules), if the spouse remains ill then she most likely does not meet health criteria and the application will be refused. On the other hand, if the spouse recovers (or passes away), then the application may usually proceed. Although if spouse has passed away and was the main applicant, or spouse skills contibuted to points, application could still be refused.

It would sound alot better to do this than to proceed and give the impression that you don't care about her. I know it sounds harsh, but when you ask should you remove her from the application, to me it sounds that you have given up on her recovery or want to leave her behind. I think that DIMIA may take that view if you ask them to remove her.
Health criteria must be met by a spouse whether included in the application or not.

The best that can probably be hoped for at this stage is for DIMIA to put the application on hold until the medical situation stabilises either way.

It would be well worth getting some professional advice on the detailed situation.

Sympathies to the original poster.

Jeremy
Old Mar 16th 2005, 12:12 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
Hi Arsh,
I think that you may still be allowed to carry on with your application and get your wife's visa added later. We have been granted our visa but have had to remove my stepdaughter from the application as we are waiting to get custody. We have been told that once we have that she will then be granted her visa very quickly as they already have all the information.
This situation is completely different.

If you have already been granted your visas then your stepdaughter cannot be added to the application now - you will have to do a separate sponsorship for a Dependent Child visa including a new application fee.

Jeremy
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jeremy,
Yes, you are right regarding my stepdaughters application. I didn't explain it very well. However they have said that it will process very quickly as they have all the information on file and we have spoken a great deal with our case officer.
Doesn't even compare with Arsh's situation though eh?
Best wishes,
Tracey
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by arsh1644
Hi to all
Last Feb started on a high note. I got my medical for australia and my baby was expected to arrive in mid Feb. But after cesarian operation my wife devaloped complications and now she is lying in hospital ICU in Coma and her lungs are not working her kidneys are shut down. Doctors can not say about recovery period. But i am still hanging in there and hoping that she will recover.
My son is ok. I had already sent my and my wifes police clearances and sent change in circumstances form and well. My last date for notifying the case officer is approaching and is just 9 days away. I do not know what to do. Please advice. Should i get my date for medical extended or Can i remove my wife from the application and only me and my son can give medical and call my wife at some later stage.
Please advice me soon. I am desperately in need of it.
Thanks to all
arsh
Arsh,

My sincere sympathy to you and your family. I hope that your wife makes a fulll recovery soon and I glad to hear that your son is OK.

I was not sure from your post how long your wife has been in a coma and what her prognosis is.

I trust that you have read Jeremy's comments (JAJ) as he is most qualified to give you the best advice regarding your situation.

All the best
Old Mar 17th 2005, 1:07 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Arsh

Really sorry to hear the news about your wife..
I would forget the Oz application at this time and chanel all your energy into giving your wife the full support she needs right now to make a speedy recovery.. as someone else pointed out you can pick up on this at a later date, let the CO sort this side of things for you.
Sincere wishes to you and your family during this stressful time, glad to hear your son is fine ... just hang on in there and be strong for your wife.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 1:26 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I might be the only one....but I think this post is a wind up!? First post?

Please prove me wrong ARSH.

Cheers Sandra
Old Mar 17th 2005, 1:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
I might be the only one....but I think this post is a wind up!? First post?

Please prove me wrong ARSH.

Cheers Sandra

Bl**dy hell that would be a seriously sick thing to do.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 1:43 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Bl**dy hell that would be a seriously sick thing to do.
OK only possibly my being seriously sick....but wife in coma and thinking how you could still organise emigration?....now for me that is the strange thing!

........but possibly only me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.