wicked rumour?

Old May 8th 2005, 8:45 pm
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough
Default wicked rumour?

My hubby has just been told by a colleague at work that his (the colleagues) parents are moving to australia as the borders have been opened up to migrants. This sounds like rubbish to me and I cant find anything on t'internet - does anyone know anything about this or where the rumour might have come from?
Old May 8th 2005, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Australia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of lightAustralia Bound is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: wicked rumour?

True as far as i know but i don't know the extent of it. There was a thing on UK radio on Friday about it, sorry can't find link.

Major skills shortage in certain areas. Plumbers are much sought after.
Old May 8th 2005, 8:54 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by judeyoga
My hubby has just been told by a colleague at work that his (the colleagues) parents are moving to australia as the borders have been opened up to migrants. This sounds like rubbish to me and I cant find anything on t'internet - does anyone know anything about this or where the rumour might have come from?

There was a short segment on BBC news last week about Australia increasing the number of immigrants due to major skill shortages. They did however, make it sound rather easy!! Stated that if you were a plumber you could just basically hop on the next flight As we all know the process is a bit harder than that. I was also at a seminar recently and the agent who did a talk said that Australia was going to increase immigration numbers but HE believed they would also have to lower the points as well. Seems a bit strange when they were increased less than a year ago
Carolyn
Old May 8th 2005, 8:56 pm
jude

Originally Posted by Australia Bound
True as far as i know but i don't know the extent of it. There was a thing on UK radio on Friday about it, sorry can't find link.

Major skills shortage in certain areas. Plumbers are much sought after.
Just goes to show i should listen to the radio instead of watching balamory and the tweenies! I might be more aware of what is going on in the rest of the world as opposed to which coloured house PC Plum is going to today! Not sure my little boy will go for that one though!

Have just found this and am wondering if this is what they are talking about.

http://www.how2immigrate.net/austral...on2005-06.html

The whole process still seems very selective rather than the indiscriminate free for all that hubby seemed to think it might be! I guess more skills on the occupations in demand list so therefore more availability.
Old May 8th 2005, 8:59 pm
jude

Originally Posted by NAC
There was a short segment on BBC news last week about Australia increasing the number of immigrants due to major skill shortages. They did however, make it sound rather easy!! Stated that if you were a plumber you could just basically hop on the next flight As we all know the process is a bit harder than that. I was also at a seminar recently and the agent who did a talk said that Australia was going to increase immigration numbers but HE believed they would also have to lower the points as well. Seems a bit strange when they were increased less than a year ago
Carolyn
Absolutely we were told they could well go up - but then again that was by an agent who wanted us to sign up asap! Cynical? - moi?
Old May 8th 2005, 11:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by judeyoga
A few months ago the new estimated numbers were released. Loads of tradies are now on the MODL however enrollments at TAFE for trades has also gone up. Reminds me of the IT boom and bust.
Old May 9th 2005, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Strangely enuf my dad said he was chatting to my uncle who claimed that some guy was on tele saying that Oz was having a big push comparable to the 1960's as there is a big shortage of tradesmen and people to look after the ritiring population. I'm sure its not gonna be as easy as 1-2-3.

cheers
Old May 9th 2005, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bondipom
A few months ago the new estimated numbers were released. Loads of tradies are now on the MODL however enrollments at TAFE for trades has also gone up. Reminds me of the IT boom and bust.
Yeah Im in IT and everything that I hear recently from the Oz press and ACS doesnt sound good! (not over there yet but due to go in Feb 06). Never mind at least I will be able to eat all the Big Macs i can possibly eat...do you want fries with that?
Old May 9th 2005, 9:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Yeah Im in IT and everything that I hear recently from the Oz press and ACS doesnt sound good! (not over there yet but due to go in Feb 06). Never mind at least I will be able to eat all the Big Macs i can possibly eat...do you want fries with that?
There are IT jobs and it is not as depressing as in 2002 when I arrived. I think the ACS want to up the training of Australian graduates by forcing companies away from 457ers. The analogy is from 2000 when IT was up there in the MODL just like tradies are now.
Old May 9th 2005, 10:13 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
Stated that if you were a plumber you could just basically hop on the next flight As we all know the process is a bit harder than that.
..........they forgot to say the plumbers have to bring their own water
Old May 9th 2005, 6:38 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bix

LOL....
Old May 9th 2005, 6:40 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I knew there would be a catch
Old May 9th 2005, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
I was also at a seminar recently and the agent who did a talk said that Australia was going to increase immigration numbers but HE believed they would also have to lower the points as well. Seems a bit strange when they were increased less than a year ago
Carolyn
I hope they do lower the points, as I'll be able to get in a lot quicker if they do!

Mind you, those of you who needed to hand over a 100K bond to get the points might be a bit miffed if the changes make this now unnecessary for some of you. I guess I'll just keep my ear to the ground and wait and see what actually happens.
Old May 9th 2005, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
They can have my Grandad, he's not a plumber but he produces a lot of water
Old May 9th 2005, 7:03 pm

michellegodfrey is an unknown quantity at this point

All,

Can you advise is the age restriction for applications to Austrailia still 45 ?

My sister seems to believe that they have lowered the age, as well as adding additional Occupations to the list ?

Thanks

Michelle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.