Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why Why Why !!!!!!!!!

Why Why Why !!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Why Why Why !!!!!!!!!

Why are the ASPC talking so long to process the Offshore visa app's.
They haven't moved in weeks, It's driving us mad!!!
Anyone know whats going on??
I know that they SUPPOSED to be adding a region..........but will it speed things up ??

Who knows any views welcome

cheers

Phil.............in "LIMBOLAND"
Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why Why Why !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by teejay66
I know that they SUPPOSED to be adding a region..........but will it speed things up ??

cheers

You did say any views welcome???

Ok....

ASPC saw all those lovely applications and with eyes bigger than their stomachs, they have gorged themselves on one too many applications.

This has resulted in huge blockage in the small intestine region.

Laxative has been consumed to dissolve the blockage and a digestive tract operation (region reorganization) has taken place to improve future flow.

The benefits of the medication/operation will take 3-4 weeks to take effect whereupon the blockage will be removed with great force.

In the meantime, one or two nuggets are being squeezed out at great pain and sweat.

Fear not....the blockage will disintegrate and months' of consumption will be expelled at great velocity.

TC
Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:29 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Why Why !!!!!!!!!

cheers

I know its hard Phil. We lodged 21 Feb.

Nothing we can do though except wait.

And perhaps chew our fingers off
Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Why Why Why !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I know its hard Phil. We lodged 21 Feb.

Nothing we can do though except wait.

And perhaps chew our fingers off

I think the fact that so many people are waiting together is not such a bad thing.

Imagine if everyone else were getting their visas exceot you. Then there would be real reason to wonder what is going on.

This delay is obviously not related to individual applications.

Chin up.

TC
Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:36 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
I think the fact that so many people are waiting together is not such a bad thing.

Imagine if everyone else were getting their visas exceot you. Then there would be real reason to wonder what is going on.

This delay is obviously not related to individual applications.

Chin up.

TC

Its true. I know DIMA are doing their best so there is no point in worrying too much,

I would like to get flights booked but never mind.

They are doing what they can and I expect there will be an influx of visa grants soon.

Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:44 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

We were living in limboland too..... honestly try not to let it get to you mate.... U will be here soon

Jane x
Old Aug 8th 2006, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks TC and PP,
Yeah sorry don't mean to whinge!

Frustrating part of the process isn't it ................so near.....yet so far .

Hey ho i'll hang in there with the rest of you guys

cheers
Phil
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Thanks TC and PP,
Yeah sorry don't mean to whinge!

Frustrating part of the process isn't it ................so near.....yet so far .

Hey ho i'll hang in there with the rest of you guys

cheers
Phil
Won't be long Phil, you'll soon be on the surf board for real! ...
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Won't be long Phil, you'll soon be on the surf board for real! ...

How are things with you Paul? did Nic leave the course in the end?

Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

How are things with you Paul? did Nic leave the course in the end?

Hi Sam, yeah she did and is currently a lady of leisure ...

She's lookin for work but with the 20 hour rule it aint easy. Daughter has a job and it's looking like the boy will be working at Maccy D's soon so if we run out of dosh at least we can rely on the kids ...
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:33 pm

Hi Sam, yeah she did and is currently a lady of leisure ...

She's lookin for work but with the 20 hour rule it aint easy. Daughter has a job and it's looking like the boy will be working at Maccy D's soon so if we run out of dosh at least we can rely on the kids ...

Well look how quickly things have gone for you Paul. Time will fly past.

Have your kids got Aussie accents yet?
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

Well look how quickly things have gone for you Paul. Time will fly past.

Have your kids got Aussie accents yet?
Yeah hope it flies so fast the 'talk' of having to do 2 years work exp before they'll give PR to 'study to PR' bods comes in!! ... :scared:

As to accents, well Kurt who is an impressionable 14 year old had an accent after 2 weeks ... ...lol, but even Ashley who ISN'T so impressionable, well her accent tends to raise a little at the end of the odd sentence so I guess they're getting it a lil.

Me and Nic sound exactly the same and expats I come into contact with who've been here for like 20 - 30 years reckon it'll never go at our age!
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:42 pm

Yeah hope it flies so fast the 'talk' of having to do 2 years work exp before they'll give PR to 'study to PR' bods comes in!! ... :scared:

As to accents, well Kurt who is an impressionable 14 year old had an accent after 2 weeks ... ...lol, but even Ashley who ISN'T so impressionable, well her accent tends to raise a little at the end of the odd sentence so I guess they're getting it a lil.

Me and Nic sound exactly the same and expats I come into contact with who've been here for like 20 - 30 years reckon it'll never go at our age!

I would have thought that any changes to the student visa and work experience will affect those just beginning and not established students like yourself - surely the rules will just affect the new students?

I think with regards to accent, it is who you mix with and some people pick up an accent more than others.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

I would have thought that any changes to the student visa and work experience will affect those just beginning and not established students like yourself - surely the rules will just affect the new students?
Well that was XXX's old line, how many people go to Oz on Student Visa's and have to return because criteria changes and they cannot meet it! I don't know and can only cross fingers really. I've spoke to the bloke in charge with International Students and he also says they will have transitional agreements for people already on their course but who knows really! ... time will tell I guess.

I think with regards to accent, it is who you mix with and some people pick up an accent more than others.
Yeah agreed! The kids mix with 99% Aussies so will, and do pick it up quickly. Half the people I mix with on a daily basis are 50% Japanese, 30% Brits and 20% Aussies (inc teachers!) so it's not gonna rub off so quick!

Well, unless you include watching Australian Idol! ...
Old Aug 8th 2006, 12:51 pm

Well that was XXX's old line, how many people go to Oz on Student Visa's and have to return because criteria changes and they cannot meet it! I don't know and can only cross fingers really. I've spoke to the bloke in charge with International Students and he also says they will have transitional agreements for people already on their course but who knows really! ... time will tell I guess.

Yeah agreed! The kids mix with 99% Aussies so will, and do pick it up quickly. Half the people I mix with on a daily basis are 50% Japanese, 30% Brits and 20% Aussies (inc teachers!) so it's not gonna rub off so quick!

Well, unless you include watching Australian Idol! ...

Oh well, Im still waiting my turn! Dont know if I will pick up an accent when I get to Perth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.