Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why we moved to Oz & why we may go back to the uk!

Why we moved to Oz & why we may go back to the uk!

Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks for the feed back, we love Oz, but if we stay for 2 years we will probably not be able to afford to go back to the UK, our eldest son will start high school in Sept in the uk,so we will need to get back by sept 3rd.
Hubbies boss will keep his job open until we decide (but only for the next few months), we had a good life in the UK and we made the choice to try "our dream" and if we did not try it will alway's be "What if?"
I will keep you all informed on our final descision.
Old Jun 24th 2003, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sue5665
Hi,
Thanks for the feed back, we love Oz, but if we stay for 2 years we will probably not be able to afford to go back to the UK, our eldest son will start high school in Sept in the uk,so we will need to get back by sept 3rd.
Hubbies boss will keep his job open until we decide (but only for the next few months), we had a good life in the UK and we made the choice to try "our dream" and if we did not try it will alway's be "What if?"
I will keep you all informed on our final descision.
Know exactly where you`re coming from Sue.

We like Oz a lot too, but are probably going back to the UK for various reasons. Like you, we have a son who is due to start High School soon, so it`s a case of "go back now or wait another 8 years"...

I think we`d probably like Oz at least for another 2 years, (as many have said on here, I can see their point that it could become a little monotonous after that time), but we don`t have that choice...