Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is Oz better

Why is Oz better

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

the-travelling-wilburys is on a distinguished road
Default Why is Oz better

Hi,Does any one have any have any down to earth comments on why quality of life in Oz is better than the uk Could any one say as a percentage how much better it is ( or worse ) Mr Wilbury.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all
Default Re: Why is Oz better

Originally Posted by the-travelling-wilburys
Hi,Does any one have any have any down to earth comments on why quality of life in Oz is better than the uk Could any one say as a percentage how much better it is ( or worse ) Mr Wilbury.
Not another thread on this subject
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not , the wages are low, the hours long, the people pretty vacant.

Oz does a good PR job of itself.

If your idea of a life is a feeling of early retirement (whilst still working like a dog) in a dead, souless backwater, then welcome to OZ.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

If your idea of a life is a feeling of early retirement (whilst still working like a dog) in a dead, souless backwater, then welcome to OZ.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eatstatic

Parrot
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:33 pm
aussie73

Well even the most negative people can't disagree that OZ has a warmer climate, better beaches, cheaper houses, (except for Sydney) and more open spaces with less people then the Uk.

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:41 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

This got me thinking (dangerous I know )but does Australia have to be better? Can`t we just accept it as being different? I suppose it depends on your reasons for going there in the first place and what your expectations are.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
This got me thinking (dangerous I know )but does Australia have to be better? Can`t we just accept it as being different? I suppose it depends on your reasons for going there in the first place and what your expectations are.
Good point, you talk a lot of sense
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AndyD
Not another thread on this subject
you dont have to be soo horrid to new posters, live and let live.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of

no wonder the poor guy has gone offline!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:44 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pako
Good point, you talk a lot of sense
Sssh don`t tell everyone - it`ll ruin my image
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Down to earth OK 8 hours a day you will still be asleep, 8 hours a day you will still be at work or travelling to work, 4 hours a day you will be still be sorting out housework, bills, washing, kids, jobs around the house. So that bits all the same. Cost of living is pretty much the same.

The other 4 hours you will be watching different TV or going out so all the things you do, go and see will be different at first but as you stay longer just become the same.

You will probably have a bigger house, more need for a car, the weather will be better generally but gets people down when its too hot cold wet dry depending where you are. Youll probably camp instead of fly to europe for your hols and eat more takeout than packaged meals.

So if you want a honest % I reckon about 20 out of 24 hours a day will be pretty much the same as anywhere you live sorry but its true.
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 9:51 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Down to earth OK 8 hours a day you will still be asleep, 8 hours a day you will still be at work or travelling to work, 4 hours a day you will be still be sorting out housework, bills, washing, kids, jobs around the house. So that bits all the same. Cost of living is pretty much the same.

The other 4 hours you will be watching different TV or going out so all the things you do, go and see will be different at first but as you stay longer just become the same.

You will probably have a bigger house, more need for a car, the weather will be better generally but gets people down when its too hot cold wet dry depending where you are. Youll probably camp instead of fly to europe for your hols and eat more takeout than packaged meals.

So if you want a honest % I reckon about 20 out of 24 hours a day will be pretty much the same as anywhere you live sorry but its true.
lol very true. I find though that the backdrop of which you get to do the boring 20/24 is different for many people. Also the 48 hrs that constitute the weekend can be very rewarding and I have 5 hrs or so a week doing something that was not available in the UK. All in all, I can't really price it.

Badge

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:12 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

[QUOTE=eatstatic] the wages are low, the hours long, the people pretty vacant.

QUOTE]

sounds like the same deal we have in the uk then...
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Australian_2005 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gobbyjock

Top post gobby
Seems to be a lot of unacceptance (is that a word lol) on here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.