Wikiposts

Why I love Oz

Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:09 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Sandra
But they do not need to swim between the flags on Bournmouth!
Good point Sandra, and you can always use the beer cans/condoms/dog turds to get your bearings from
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:17 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by emmahafryn
Good point Sandra, and you can always use the beer cans/condoms/dog turds to get your bearings from
Not sure if you mean Bondi or Bournmouth on this response?

both can apply....try the Northern Beaches in Sydney...they are much better!

Cheers

PS....miles of them but you still swim between the flags
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 7:52 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Twilight Bay - Esperance

Originally posted by Pookin
Went down South during 2000, always remembered this beach.
Hey, this looks heaps like Elephant Beach, which I think is a bit more to the north, near Denmark I think.
But haven't scanned those pics yet! (am busy scanning all my parents photo's! It's so much, 9 years. From jan 88 till june 88 we went around Oz, that's already 400 photo's!!)

Oh, and Bondi is a bit too busy for me, after being used to WA. (here in Holland I haven't been to the beach with nice weather in these 7 years, I don't even consider it!) But each to their own

But here is one near Esperance.
Attached Thumbnails Why I love Oz-1988_esperance_0602.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:57 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by emmahafryn
It's all so bootiful! And right on the doorstep!
This is a pic of further up the road at Port Campbell - fantastic place!
And the same Port Campbell! On 1 March 1988!
Attached Thumbnails Why I love Oz-1988_portcambell_0103.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:08 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Um, I've got too many pictures to share! Anybody mind?

Here is me in Monkey Mia, WA, back in 1988, 6 June to be exact!

And for all you dreamers (!). Can't do this anymore. Dolphins still come, but you all have to stand in a long line, and you can't touch them. And definetly not swim with them. But there is a ranger, who chooses some people out who can give a fish.
It's still great now though, but it was better when there were less tourists. And now of course they realise the damage that you can do by being to friendly with them.
Attached Thumbnails Why I love Oz-1988_monkeymia_0606.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:20 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Ah, why I love Oz (well, a tiny reason, but this is a dream thread)

My birthday in Febuary, with 40 degrees and in our own swimming pool, designed by my parents (they had money back then! ) It was really cool, a different shape (can't really see it on this pic), and had a sort of bit that went sloping in so you could walk in, a deep bit, a waterfall, and around the edge; wood things on on side, a sort of concrete/sand beach on another, and a patch of grass.

This is in Kalamunda, Perth, WA, if anyones interested.
And the date is 27/02/90.

Anyone getting sick of this yet?
Attached Thumbnails Why I love Oz-1990_pool_2702.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Shikse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pookin
Went down South during 2000, always remembered this beach.
Looks like the beach called 'Green's Pool' in Denmark, WA? It was like stepping into a clear, warm, turquoise bath..............

We plan to revisit that beach myself soon, truly beautiful.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 8:13 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by Shikse
Looks like the beach called 'Green's Pool' in Denmark, WA? It was like stepping into a clear, warm, turquoise bath..............

We plan to revisit that beach myself soon, truly beautiful.
Pookin called the post with that photo in it: Twilight Bay, Esperence.

But there's lots of beaches like that in WA and Oz, ahhhhhhhh!
Old Oct 4th 2003, 6:48 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

I love Oz, I love the open spaces, the outdoor life and not having to sit in front of the TV wrapped up listening to the wind and rain on a cold January night. Love wearing shorts for work and just about any time of the day. Love my washing drying in an hour on the line. Love the fresh fruit available any time of the year. Love the beaches. Love the parrots that sit on my balcony. Love the fact I can go out in creased clothes and unbrushed hair and no one looks twice at you.