Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why I love Australia.

Why I love Australia.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:29 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by hevs
"thats $179.60 cents, would you like any cash out??

Credit, or savings.

Enter your pin then press ok.

Thanks, have a good day"

Did i sound cheerful, or do i just have a great memory, YOU DECIDE
I normally say "CREDIT" before they get to "would you like any cash out?"

It does annoy me a tiny bit, when they still say "would you like any cash out?" after I say Credit.
I am sure that you can't get "Cash Out" on Credit Card transactions , or can you ?

Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe i'm answering anymore on this but, yes, you can get cash out on a credit card. I have never done it personnally cos they charge you a lot of moey and your first born child or something, but yes you can get cash on credit cards.

NOW!!! i am not going to debate anyfurther on weather or not check out chicks are real, false or nano bots. OK!!
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I normally say "CREDIT" before they get to "would you like any cash out?"

It does annoy me a tiny bit, when they still say "would you like any cash out?" after I say Credit.
I am sure that you can't get "Cash Out" on Credit Card transactions , or can you ?
I have cheque .. they always saying credit or saving.. but never say cheque.. so I just hand them my card and say cheque.

I have a thing about credit... I really should use my credit card for shopping ( pay it off within the month) .. it saves the transaction costs of using the bank card all the time .. but credit scares me... I'm not a credit type of person.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:39 am
Badge

Originally posted by Ceri
trouble is I had all that in the UK ( minus the gum trees of course) ... I don't relate to people who come from built up cities with no beauty, or no beaches. I come from Gower.. with beautiful beaches and surrounding countryside.

Uk is beautiful.. not all comes from a terraced house, buying chips each night ... and moan and moan and watch coronation st or big brother.. then moan about the weather .. what is wrong with wrapping yourself up in a good coat, donning some boots and explore Britain...

makes me laugh also when they say - I'm an outdoor type but it rains here in the uk ...lol ... what lazy b*ggers - sorry to say no your not an outdoor type - rain shouldn't stop you doing anything except lying on a beach baking your lazy arses
cheers
Ceri has a point. There is loads of things on in the UK but many are more expensive or available to those on higher incomes eg eating out.

I think average people aren't ''tough'' enough to be outdoor types in the UK. ;-) Having said that, I used go to Snowdonia etc and its all full of middle class ''clubby'' society types, with all their gore-tex and kit. I suppose Australian outdoors is more accessible. The beach and the surf culture is for all. (If people see what I mean).

I also like the sun baking stuff Ceri writes. You know what, I couldn't give 2 hoots about beaches - in fact I try to avoid them in the main. I do like running and looking at them though.

Yeah I like Australia and it's society in the main. You can't say fairer that that.

BM

Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
Yeah I like Australia and it's society in the main. You can't say fairer that that.

BM
Fair dinkum mate agreed
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:44 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Ceri has a point. There is loads of things on in the UK but many are more expensive or available to those on higher incomes eg eating out.

I think average people aren't ''tough'' enough to be outdoor types in the UK. ;-) Having said that, I used go to Snowdonia etc and its all full of middle class ''clubby'' society types, with all their gore-tex and kit. I suppose Australian outdoors is more accessible. The beach and the surf culture is for all. (If people see what I mean).

I also like the sun baking stuff Ceri writes. You know what, I couldn't give 2 hoots about beaches - in fact I try to avoid them in the main. I do like running and looking at them though.

BM

I don't like you agreeing with me ... it's weird.

P,s are men still men and women still women..lol.. funniest thing I read from you.

cheers
Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:56 am
Mel Gibson

What l love about Australia is that during summer you can walk down the street almost naked and not get arrested.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 4:59 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Mel Gibson
What l love about Australia is that during summer you can walk down the street almost naked and not get arrested.
and what time and place would you being do this?? ( I'll write it into my agenda ) Lol... girls have you got your cameras ready!
Old Jul 7th 2004, 5:12 am
Mel Gibson

Originally posted by Ceri
and what time and place would you being do this?? ( I'll write it into my agenda ) Lol... girls have you got your cameras ready!
Sorry to disapoint you but l'm not really Mel Gibson and l don't think you would like to see me semi-naked.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:03 am
Badge

tee hee Ceri.

I agree with you because you are right in this instance. I have agreed with 'anti-Australia' people before, if you allow me to include you in this category this time. ;-) I also laugh at the rose tinted brigade with their BBQs and sun, and wine. If you recall I have always maintained this. It's why I used to get so wound up when people acused us of being dreamers. It's why I used to go to such lengths to enthasise that getting on in Australia is nothing to do with factors like this but how you FIT in with Australia. You know what; I was this close to having no truck with this site at all - I thought "bloody winging poms" or "little Englanders"!!!!!!!!!! But I got sucked in...

BTW your comment on terraced houses and how we don't all live like that...interested me.

has it occured to you that if you DON'T live like 'that' you may well be one of the lucky minority? Apart from the wealthy London, city suburbs and pretty shire village homes (all going up in price), many 'plebs' in the UK do not have the opportunities you had but feel they might get them in Australia due to the FX rate.

Migrating to Australia is a way now many UK average people will have just enough space and opportunity for themselves, especially small home owners who scrimped and saved to get on to the market. It worked for me. So don't get too patronising mate. ;-)

Yeah, one of the reasons I like Australia is because it is still very much traditional in a multitude of ways. It is less effected of some of the traits I see in the UK and the US. That is not to say that it does not has other less good traits, but in the main those do not bother me. eg too much Drive in fast food. Solution : Don't Drive In. Don't eat it.

I still like it here, and could never return to the UK to live. I saw UK houses on Harry Potter III the other day and shuddered at all the claustrophobic streets and houses. The UK seems so wrong I laugh when I see imagery of the UK now on TV it shocks me to the core - it just doesn't look right. Sure if I had the money to have a farmhouse in the Cotswolds, commute to my rah rah job in the city in 1.67 hrs and live in a Land Rover the situation might be different but I don't. ;-)

See ya

BM

Last edited by badgersmount; Jul 7th 2004 at 6:54 am.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:09 am
High in the Dandenongs

I also laugh at the rose tinted brigade with their BBQs and sun, and wine.
BM
Don't see you turning down an invite for the for the barbies at chez garrett

AND you always leave ya bloody sunnies behind

PS have e mailed re s/m thing, kay??
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:12 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Don't see you turning down an invite for the for the barbies at chez garrett

AND you always leave ya bloody sunnies behind

PS have e mailed re s/m thing, kay??

:scared: :scared: S&M thing. No wonder weve not seen much of you on here.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:15 am
High in the Dandenongs

*must remember to slap bordy at next meet*
Some people just have their minds in the gutter

NOT THAT BORDY
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

*must remember to slap bordy at next meet*
Some people just have their minds in the gutter

NOT THAT BORDY

Oops, Sorry Hevs. Anyway nice to see you guys back. I hope things are going well.
We should arrange another meet when its a wee bit warmer ( & drier )
Old Jul 7th 2004, 6:18 am
Badge

I like BBQs. I didn't move to Australia for them though.
Or for sun. Or for Beaches.

I do like a BIT of sun though. Just enough. There is no doubt that it makes even the most wretched of days more agreeable.

Nice post I thought.

BM

Last edited by badgersmount; Jul 7th 2004 at 6:38 am.