Why I love Australia.

Wikiposts

Why I love Australia.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:40 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Why I love Australia.

Originally posted by kong
It that meant to be sarcastic????

The shop assistants are forced to ask you "how ya goin" by the management. They HATE having to ask people that, they do not give a crap.

As a laugh me and a mate used to say "real bad, I am so depressed". It totally threw their script, poor bastards!!!!
That really shows what type of person are.

One one hand you appear to have consideration for the shop assistants, being forced to do what they do.

But then, you enjoy ridiculing them for doing it ? And calling them "Poor Bastards"

Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:42 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Innyjim
Oh really ? I wasn't actually refering to you....

But if you like. I don't really feel the need in my life to get one up on a shop assitant who is trying to scrape a living out on minimum wage and could probably do without silly little twats playing games with them.......If that's not having balls then you must be right.......
oooooh - get you!!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

I nearly thought i was going to read an interesting positive thread but of course there is always someone who has nothing better to do than run it down into a rut!!!
Do you scan each one every day to see if you can turn it to a sad gits whinge?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 3:53 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
That really shows what type of person are.

One one hand you appear to have consideration for the shop assistants, being forced to do what they do.

But then, you enjoy ridiculing them for doing it ? And calling them "Poor Bastards"
oh come on Abc .. don't you get P8ssed off with ' how are you today". stepford wife drone . like a zombie... I'd love to answer truthfully to that line

It's so false.. and yes they are made to say it... which people in the Uk don't seem to realise.. it gets a bit tiring after a while... one day I'm going to tell them where to stick their "how are you today" where the sun don't shine

Last edited by Ceri; Jul 6th 2004 at 3:56 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 3:59 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

ok

Things i love about aussie are......

The huge amount of beautiful birds in my back yard.

The ability to be 1 hour from beaches, city or snow.

Snow gum trees, how beautiful can a tree be??

Flora and fauna

Even though i have niggles, theres nowhere else i'd rather be in the world right now
(*note to self* must stop listening to Robbies Nebworth gig )
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:13 pm
Badge

Originally posted by kong
It that meant to be sarcastic????

The shop assistants are forced to ask you "how ya goin" by the management. They HATE having to ask people that, they do not give a crap. As a laugh me and a mate used to say "real bad, I am so depressed". It totally threw their script, poor bastards!!!!

Give me the UK genuine indifference, to superficial plastic Oz.

(I must reply to this one).

Aged 16, I recall being told to greet the shoppers when I worked in retail. Did I? Probably not. Do most UK teenagers greet shoppers with the gutsy smile, line in conversation. No.

If Australian teenagers REALLY did not want to smile etc they could get away with HALF what they actually say to please the management. So they DO make quite an effort, all told, to give them credit. Does anyone feel this? I had quite a chat the other day with one when I was tired, in a bad mood, and it was an uplift - SHE started the conversation.

So, Kong, PB whoever you are, I think your argument is flawed. I think American shop assistants are less geuine.

I have to agree with the first poster - it is the small things here that make the difference to quality of life. Many of which are free.

Badge

Last edited by badgersmount; Jul 6th 2004 at 4:31 pm.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:16 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by hevs
ok

Things i love about aussie are......

The huge amount of beautiful birds in my back yard.

The ability to be 1 hour from beaches, city or snow.

Snow gum trees, how beautiful can a tree be??

Flora and fauna

Even though i have niggles, theres nowhere else i'd rather be in the world right now
(*note to self* must stop listening to Robbies Nebworth gig )
trouble is I had all that in the UK ( minus the gum trees of course) ... I don't relate to people who come from built up cities with no beauty, or no beaches. I come from Gower.. with beautiful beaches and surrounding countryside.

good points of Aus.. I love the wildlife., also love the fishing here . and that's about at all.. I'm spoilt.. In Britain I loved keeping snakes, loved the foxes, moles and voles and kites and various bird life , also loved fishing ( same - but different things) ... I could go on , In Asia I loved feeding the monkeys.. here I love having wallabies each night and those bl**dy boring koalas .. who do nothing but sleep.

anyway nothing is right and nothing is wrong.. but I laugh when people try to compare.

Uk is beautiful.. not all comes from a terraced house, buying chips each night ... and moan and moan and watch coronation st or big brother.. then moan about the weather .. what is wrong with wrapping yourself up in a good coat, donning some boots and explore Britain...

makes me laugh also when they say - I'm an outdoor type but it rains here in the uk ...lol ... what lazy b*ggers - sorry to say no your not an outdoor type - rain shouldn't stop you doing anything except lying on a beach baking your lazy arses ( one of the threads on this site.. was on about getting brown..lol because they think they an out door type.. weird) .. also sorry to tell you in Brisbane most summers , you can guarantee we have rain most nights .. it's our wet season.. it's only the winters which are dry.

cheers
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:17 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Guys. Enough about the bloody shop assistants already. Does anyone really, i mean REALLY care
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:19 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Ceri
oh come on Abc .. don't you get P8ssed off with ' how are you today". stepford wife drone . like a zombie... I'd love to answer truthfully to that line

It's so false.. and yes they are made to say it... which people in the Uk don't seem to realise.. it gets a bit tiring after a while... one day I'm going to tell them where to stick their "how are you today" where the sun don't shine
That wasn't the point.

Kong was saying how the employees are forced to say it.

Then he goes on to say how he and his mates like to ridicule them for it.

I feel sorry for them if they have to say it, and then others ridicule them for it.

If you really don't like it, why take it out on those that are forced to do it ? Why not complain to those doing the forcing ?

Because its "easier to shoot the messenger". ?

Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

"thats $179.60 cents, would you like any cash out??

Credit, or savings.

Enter your pin then press ok.

Thanks, have a good day"

Did i sound cheerful, or do i just have a great memory, YOU DECIDE
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:23 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by hevs
Guys. Enough about the bloody shop assistants already. Does anyone really, i mean REALLY care
I agree, I hardly even notice it these days, its just some thing that you get used to.

Actually sometimes I enjoy it, gives me chance to get into a conversation with a 20(ish) yearold female Don't get that opportunity to often these days

Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:23 pm
High in the Dandenongs

OH MY GOD, i'm now feeling so anal, WHO GIVES A RATS ARSE ANYWAY

Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

LOL our threads crossed. I was responding to my own reply then not yours ABC!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by NedKelly63
here's what you do when you encounter a sales assistant like that. Go back to the racks/shelves/whatever with a trolley if they have one. Pile everything on the sales counterit r, wait for them to ring it all through the till, then walk out.

....... you are evil..........
Old Jul 6th 2004, 4:28 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
That wasn't the point.

Kong was saying how the employees are forced to say it.

Then he goes on to say how he and his mates like to ridicule them for it.

I feel sorry for them if they have to say it, and then others ridicule them for it.

If you really don't like it, why take it out on those that are forced to do it ? Why not complain to those doing the forcing ?

Because its "easier to shoot the messenger". ?
ok I see what you mean.. and I don't wish that on anyone.. I used to work in shop when I first left school ( much to my parents ... disappointment...long story.. I rebelled) ... god you get right gits of customers.. when all you are trying to do is earn a crust to get on in life

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.