Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why the hassle of moving your life to another place?

Wikiposts

Why the hassle of moving your life to another place?

Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:53 am
Merlot

Default Re: Why the hassle of moving your life to another place?

You can't keep Northerner's down, something to do with been force fed bread and dripping as a child and having coats on your bed instead of duvets . . oh the good old days.

M

Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Merlot, Even if you disagree with someone you do it in a nice way
People on this site have strong views and sometimes it gets out of hand but don't let that stop you from posting.
A bit of friction sometimes can be positive otherwise we might end up with Stepford Expats :scared:
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:57 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by jugsy
Merlot, Even if you disagree with someone you do it in a nice way
People on this site have strong views and sometimes it gets out of hand but don't let that stop you from posting.
A bit of friction sometimes can be positive otherwise we might end up with Stepford Expats :scared:
Too true, that is what it is all about, we don't mind our posts being challenged, it is just the way it is done. I love a good hand bag sling like the rest but I promise not to hurt.

M

Old Jul 16th 2005, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
You can't keep Northerner's down, something to do with been force fed bread and dripping as a child and having coats on your bed instead of duvets . . oh the good old days.

M
Ah yes I would kill for some decent Bread and Dripping Dont you dare disappear Merlot we need people like you on here.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 6:30 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yep - Illegitimi Non Carborundum and all that.
Been reading the Beano again I see

Nice to see you back Merlot!

D D
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:23 am
& Sharon, Mike & Luke

andyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really niceandyedwards is just really nice

We need more Merlots on this forum!!! My support is full and I'll drink to your northern habits!!!

It's unfortunate that some posters on here seem hell bent on upsetting people rather than putting a balanced view or opinion on here (whether for or against the original post).

Please keep posting - or else we'll do a petition and then you'll just have to do what you're told!!!

all the best

Sharon
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:27 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Just trying to make sure that the message gets through that I am delighted to see you back
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:30 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
The past few days some of our not so friendly posters ie, Mike Stanton and Eatstatic appear to have taken it upon themselves to have a dig at her . These kind of people seem to enjoy up[setting people and only comeon here to cause trouble.

They followed their dreams to go to Australia and unfortunately they didn't like it and have returned. They now seem hellbent on spoiling it for the rest of us .

Merlot, please don't stop posting. I find your posts to be honest and helpful. Besides, your constant change of avatars and signatures cheer me up .

Tracey
Tell those two to come over to the lounge......
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:46 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

just want to say big up the Merlot and glad she is not totally out of here
Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:53 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Merlot

M
Good to see your spirits are up again

Not sure a reminder about bread & dripping is what I want to hear first thing in the morning though

Old Jul 16th 2005, 10:57 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Not sure a reminder about bread & dripping is what I want to hear first thing in the morning though
Or any other time of day or night

Good to see you back here though Merlot. Just keep the bread and dripping to yourself eh?
Old Jul 16th 2005, 11:23 am
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Just eat the chips in Oz Chippies, most of them still fry in dripping (Tallow):scared:
Old Jul 16th 2005, 11:29 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eatstatic
Just eat the chips in Oz Chippies, most of them still fry in dripping (Tallow):scared:
as do the award winning chippies in england still
Old Jul 16th 2005, 11:30 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by eatstatic
A quote here that may bring you up to date....
When a fork was put into the fried fish, the batter practically blew away. All the fish frying was done in pure beef dripping in those days. It had a beautiful smell as it was cooking, and I can remember putting cold dripping on my toast with pepper and salt. It was delicious. (Now, don't make a face. Plenty of people have had a snack like that - but what would my doctor think!) Really, in my opinion there is nothing to beat pure beef dripping for baking or frying, and none of the polyunsaturated oils we use today impart that special flavour to the food.
They all seem to use oil these days It raises the question.... When were you last here ?

Old Jul 16th 2005, 11:41 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Even kong managed to find a decent chip shop in Oz

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=14

A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.