Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is this happening now?

Why is this happening now?

Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Why is this happening now?

Pretty good title to get people to read my thread huh? Don't worry guys i am not going to die or anything, but i also want to have my little winge, since i havent posted in a while...

For you who know or dont know me (virtually...) I am a 26y.o. swiss chick who applied for residency in march since i studied in oz. Originally my swiss boyfriend was on the application but he rejected me and dumped me 3 months ago so i took him off. When that happened i decided that i was going to leave our small ski resort (Verbier) and go to Italy before my visa gets granted... but of course something happened!!!!

I MET A MAN, a real one this time, who will hopefully not dump me... (feel a bit of insecurity here...) the problem is (cause there is always one of course), he is CANADIAN!!! yes, couldnt I have picked an Aussie one or chosen to immigrate to canada? Nope, It had to be the Canadian - Australia fight, to spice things up.

The thing is, everything is perfect between us, it has only been 2 months but you know that gut feeling, well its in my stomach. He lives in Verbier cause he is also half swiss, has his own business here.

What am i gonna do? My whole life dream of getting my PR will come true soon and i will have to make the biggest decision, leave or stay? I guess I have 5 years to decide but still!

So, that was my winge for the day, I look forward to reading your replies! I cant believe that everytime i think i am going to follow a path a sharp corner suddenly shows up... but i guess this corner is a cutie!!!!

Cheers you all! oxxoxox fabie
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:34 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Why is this happening now?

As is my wont, I rated your thread terrible.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
first of all, congrats on meeting a new man! I can second your taste (my husband is Canadian!!!).

Life is never straight forward but who knows where you might be in a few years time. I married my Canadian 3 years after meeting him, if you did the same then presumably there would be no problems with him going to Oz, but you always have Canada as a backup (which was our plan). Canada is a fabulous country and if you've fallen in love with Australia I think you would like Canada too.

Good luck, go with the flow and see where it takes you!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Pretty good title to get people to read my thread huh? Don't worry guys i am not going to die or anything, but i also want to have my little winge, since i havent posted in a while...

For you who know or dont know me (virtually...) I am a 26y.o. swiss chick who applied for residency in march since i studied in oz. Originally my swiss boyfriend was on the application but he rejected me and dumped me 3 months ago so i took him off. When that happened i decided that i was going to leave our small ski resort (Verbier) and go to Italy before my visa gets granted... but of course something happened!!!!

I MET A MAN, a real one this time, who will hopefully not dump me... (feel a bit of insecurity here...) the problem is (cause there is always one of course), he is CANADIAN!!! yes, couldnt I have picked an Aussie one or chosen to immigrate to canada? Nope, It had to be the Canadian - Australia fight, to spice things up.

The thing is, everything is perfect between us, it has only been 2 months but you know that gut feeling, well its in my stomach. He lives in Verbier cause he is also half swiss, has his own business here.

What am i gonna do? My whole life dream of getting my PR will come true soon and i will have to make the biggest decision, leave or stay? I guess I have 5 years to decide but still!

So, that was my winge for the day, I look forward to reading your replies! I cant believe that everytime i think i am going to follow a path a sharp corner suddenly shows up... but i guess this corner is a cutie!!!!

Hiya Fabie
I am glad to hear that you are happy with this new man. However, I think that you need to make sure of your feelings as it is very early days and it is difficult to know someone after such a short time. Validate and see if you miss him?

Remember going to live on the Gold Coast was your dream. Would he go?
I just hope that you are not on the rebound as I know how sad you were when your previous relationship ended. Take care fabie. Hope things work out for you.

Debsxxx

Last edited by debsy; Aug 19th 2004 at 9:06 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 8:50 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi fabienne,

well as you say you have 5 years to decide. Take your new canadian man to OZ with you when you go to validate and who knows what could happen

To be honest though if it is true love and he really is THE ONE, then he wont ask you to give up your dream(s) unless you have had a chance to live it/them first. If he does ask you to give up your dream (not just your OZ one, others as well) then he's probably not that nice a person anyway. Equally make sure his dreams dont get lost in yours.

OK thats enough soppy stuff from me.

Good luck whatever happens.

I wish you everything in life you wish for yourself.

Mairi
Old Aug 19th 2004, 9:09 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh, fabie...
Don't know what to say.... have no experience!
Hope it all works out, and good luck!

Yes, good idea, take him on validation trip, and make it a long trip!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Thanks for your replies guys, especially the rating

No no, big no no my canadian would never ask me to give up my dream, no way! And i agree (debsy) that it is definitly too soon to make a decision, but its this gut feeling you know!

Jesus i never thought i would meet a man but it strikes when we espect it least!

I have never been to canada (salli) but he invited me to go in November to montreal for 2 weeks. We will see if i need to take a validating trip instead. Funny enought, he spent 1 month on the gold coast about 5 years ago and likes it but at the moment he is in Verbier for another few years!

Its just a funny story, i am all ready to go and hop here comes a great canadian in my life. I have always been multicultural anyway!
I will keep you posted.... (not u Ulujain, i will bar ur replies!!! lol!)

fabie
Old Aug 19th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Thanks for your replies guys, especially the rating

No no, big no no my canadian would never ask me to give up my dream, no way! And i agree (debsy) that it is definitly too soon to make a decision, but its this gut feeling you know!

Jesus i never thought i would meet a man but it strikes when we espect it least!

I have never been to canada (salli) but he invited me to go in November to montreal for 2 weeks. We will see if i need to take a validating trip instead. Funny enought, he spent 1 month on the gold coast about 5 years ago and likes it but at the moment he is in Verbier for another few years!

Its just a funny story, i am all ready to go and hop here comes a great canadian in my life. I have always been multicultural anyway!
I will keep you posted.... (not u Ulujain, i will bar ur replies!!! lol!)

fabie
Good luck fabs
Hope it all works out for you
Old Aug 19th 2004, 11:03 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what you mean, I met the man who is now my husband when I least expected it and when I had resigned myself to the fact that I would probably be single for the rest of my life, but was happy with the thought.

We got engaged after three months and married after just over a year and are very happy.

I guess you do know when you meet "the one" BUT if I were in your shoes I would still pursue my dream.

Not wanting to put a downer on it all but what if he isnt actually the one and then you gave up going to Oz which is something you really wanted?

What if he doesnt want to go?

My feeling is that sometimes you have to put what YOU want first, and stuff everyone else. I know it may seem selfish but you dont want to look back in a couple of years and think "If only I hadnt given up my dream".

I agree with what someone else said - get the visa, go to Oz and see if you miss him.

Hope this is some help and good luck with it all!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 11:16 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Never bl**dy easy is it?! These stupid emotion things that keep cropping up in situations like this.

You've got to work out what you want - you and no one else - before you can start planning what to do next.

Listen to me I sound like I know what I'm talking about
Old Aug 19th 2004, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of

You can't settle down with a Canadian !!! They've got no sense of humour........just like the bloody Swi........oops !

Good luck, with whatever you decide to do..

IJ
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Innyjim
You can't settle down with a Canadian !!! They've got no sense of humour........just like the bloody Swi........oops !

Good luck, with whatever you decide to do..

IJ
Hehehe thanks for that ...lol... he has a pretty good sense of humor actually!!! well, he makes me laugh and doesnt try hard so thats important!
Thanks for all your messages everyone as well!

I planned many things in my life and it didnt work out so i just taked it day after day now and wont stress over the things i cant control! My dream first though!

fabie xoxox