Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is the fridge soooo small ????

Why is the fridge soooo small ????

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future
Default Why is the fridge soooo small ????

Why is it in UK that the fridges are so damn small !??
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine isn't. It's just the cheap fridges that are small (although not all small fridges are cheap). :-)

Regards
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:54 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Why is the fridge soooo small ????

Originally posted by Interested
Is it? My mum in the uk has the same size fridge I have here, but mum -in-law who is also in Uk has a small fridge.

My fridge here is bigger than my Aussie friends here- so is my mums in Britain bigger than a lot of my mates here in Aus.

You have small and big fridges in both countries... I find it strange why people say Uk fridges are small - who's fridge? Very general observation. depends on what you buy
cheers.

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 2nd 2003 at 6:00 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Probably because in a climate a little more refreshing than a gorillas armpit, you dont need to stuff every last piece of food in the fridge for fear of it fermenting.

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ceri
Is it? My mum in the uk has the same size fridge I have here, but mum -in-law who is also in Uk has a small fridge.

My fridge here is bigger than my Aussie friends here- so is my mums in Britain bigger than a lot of my mates here in Aus.

You have small and big fridges in both countries... I find it strange why people say Uk fridges are small - who's fridge? Very general observation.

But you d
Now read that post deleting the word fridge......
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 6:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dotty
Now read that post deleting the word fridge......
well and that too - if I was a man ... lol, ok hubby 's fridge is bigger - at least I think it is
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

LoL Dotty.

Well i don't know, I live in Canada and they seem much bigger over here. I was just looking at the Comet website, to check out some prices and they all seemed really small, like I don't know how you'd fit all your groceries in there!
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 6:06 am
Y Ddraig Goch

LoL Dotty.

Well i don't know, I live in Canada and they seem much bigger over here.

must move to Canada!!
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ceri
well and that too - if I was a man ... lol, ok hubby 's fridge is bigger - at least I think it is
Ours is huge, being Australian I suppose I should have expected that tho. However the shiney silver colour concerned me at first but I got used to it. The ice dispenser is very handy tho especially if you are in a hurry.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:24 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Well i don't know, I live in Canada and they seem much bigger over here.
yes, we make the food to fit the size of our mouths as well!
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Because half the year its colder in the kitchen than in the fridge.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

Fridges are so big in Oz - firstly to state the obvious - its a lot hotter than UK, secondly, you have to put everything in the fridge to stop the cockroaches getting at your grub. You can't leave the washing up lying around over night either - if you want a cock free zone you have to get rid of all the crumbs. In Oz you put everything you can in the fridge to keep it away from insect life. Everyone I know has two fridges in Oz - one just for the drinks.....
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:25 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

it may be big, but it's not as big as mine paul, not as big as mine.
(swiss tony)