Why emigrate?

Old Jan 31st 2003, 9:26 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Australia is far from a hell hole neither is it the land of plenty ,its a very average country at the arse end of nowhere.
The best description that I have come acroos from anyone here is it a mediocre country ie second rate .
It suits people who lack ambition its a great place to vegetate , set your hopes low and Australia is all you could want , the only heros here play with a bat and ball , the rest dig holes and abuse sheep.
How do you define ambition? If it's to have a good job and make lots of money, which you piss away on materialistic things then fair enough, Australia is probably not for you. A lot of us on here are going for other reasons.

Admittedly, the UK is an excellent place to be 'ambitious' and make money, however many of us have done that and are now looking for something different. It's an old cliche, but money doesn't buy you happiness, it just makes life easier, but then what's wong with a bit of hardship?

BTW; My ambition is to go to Oz and start a new chapter in my life, not to earn lots of money. Does this make me less ambitious than someone who wants to earn lots of dosh? I think not.

Anyway, well done Mr Bastard for causing such a stir on this forum. It's definitely made for good reading. It's a shame a lot of people have taken what you've written too seriously.

PS: Where can I get some sheep?
Old Jan 31st 2003, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding Mr Bastard, I echo your sentiments entirely Houdini. I'm glad somebody else finds his posts funny!

When I read his posts (and then re-read because of his poor grammer) I can't help but feel that most of the things he complains about are things that we all know as fact before we even step a foot into Australia. They are things that we know are part of the big adventure; that salaries are lower, that certain jobs are harder to come by, that the onus is on us to as the 'newbies' to make the effort to involve yourself in the local community, that Australia is sport-mad, that ......(etc, etc). God only knows what Mr. Bastard expected.

I suppose the thing I find most bizarre is that Mr Bastard is clearly
Old Jan 31st 2003, 10:42 am
plucka

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Australia is far from a hell hole neither is it the land of plenty ,its a very average country at the arse end of nowhere.
The best description that I have come acroos from anyone here is it a mediocre country ie second rate .
It suits people who lack ambition its a great place to vegetate , set your hopes low and Australia is all you could want , the only heros here play with a bat and ball , the rest dig holes and abuse sheep.

As a proud Australian I've just about read enough of your total Sh1t PB. You abuse and put down everything Australian including all of our people, 99.999% which you have never met. Now don't even think I'm some redneck never been out of my own backyard because I've spent the last 5 years living in the UK and probably seen more of the world than you have.

I respect anyone's comments but you sir are a total ~~~~ ~~~~. You speak so much drivel it makes me sick especially since so much of it is complete lies. Just because you have made a failure of your pathetic life, like a complete loser, you blame everything around you except yourself. ~~~~ like you should have never been let into our country and I am half tempted to pay you a visit in Perth oneday just to shut you up myself. So PB ~~~~ ~~~ back to your own country and leave us alone you pathetic loser.

Old Jan 31st 2003, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Regarding Mr Bastard, I echo your sentiments entirely Houdini. I'm glad somebody else finds his posts funny.

When I read his posts (and then re-read because of his poor grammer) I can't help but feel that most of the things he complains about are things that we all know as fact before we even step a foot into Australia. They are things that we know are part of the big adventure; that salaries are lower, that certain jobs are harder to come by, that the onus is on us as the 'newbies' to make the effort to involve yourself in the local community, that the sun shines, that Australia is sport-mad, that ......(etc, etc). God only knows what Mr. Bastard expected.

I suppose the thing I find most bizarre is that Mr Bastard is clearly no longer enjoying his stay in Australia (I wonder if he ever did), but yet chooses to spend his leisure time contributing fairly regular and lengthy posts to this newsgroup. One where 80% (a 'guestimate' before you no doubt research and then correct me PB) of the other people on the ng are obviously going to irritate him further, simply because they've retained their enthusiasm for life. Whatsmore, it's an enthusiasm for a life in Australia!

I've made a location change before, and so I'm well aware Australia may not be the place I'd hoped it to be. But I shall make the effort (if the effort is needed) for at least 2 or 3 years (certainly not 9). If all is still not well after that time (I would have realised long before 9 years!) I do hope I don't find myself trawling media for facts and figures to cut and paste to a newsgroup such as this.

Mr Bastard may well find happiness back in the UK, but I get this nagging feeling that he's only going to end up posting, "Don't come to the UK, it's crap", sentiments on some UK immigration newsgroup.

However, please continue the postings Mr Bastard because, as I said at the beginning of this comment, you do make me smile.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by plucka
As a proud Australian I've just about read enough of your total Sh1t PB. You abuse and put down everything Australian including all of our people, 99.999% which you have never met. Now don't even think I'm some redneck never been out of my own backyard because I've spent the last 5 years living in the UK and probably seen more of the world than you have.

I respect anyone's comments but you sir are a total c*ck su*ker. You speak so much drivel it makes me sick especially since so much of it is complete lies. Just because you have made a failure of your pathetic life, like a complete loser, you blame everything around you except yourself. Pr*cks like you should have never been let into our country and I am half tempted to pay you a visit in Perth oneday just to shut you up myself. So PB ***** off back to your own country and leave us alone you pathetic loser.

I wouldn't be bragging about being a "proud Australian", plucka. Of all the browsing I've done on this forum and others I have yet to come across such filthy language. Whilst I might not agree with all PB has to say, he doesn't have to stoop so pathetically low and spew filth to get his point across. What is the matter with you? Lacking in vocabulary? There is no more loser I have come across in these forums than you, plucka! You are thoroughly disgusting!
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Darn it plucka - you got your post in there first whilst I was writing mine....

....and I've got to say that you put it so much better than I did!

I'm from part of the UK where people tell things straight (Lancashire) - and I think you just told it straight (!) .... much appreciated!

Young_lad
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:09 am
plucka

Originally posted by Goose
I wouldn't be bragging about being a "proud Australian", plucka. Of all the browsing I've done on this forum and others I have yet to come across such filthy language. Whilst I might not agree with all PB has to say, he doesn't have to stoop so pathetically low and spew filth to get his point across. What is the matter with you? Lacking in vocabulary? There is no more loser I have come across in these forums than you, plucka! You are thoroughly disgusting!
Sorry to of upset your delicate feelings. Like the poster above says I tell it like it is. Your likely to get worse language from switching on the telly so grow up my friend and post something uselfull.

Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Kids read this forum, so they can make friends who will reassure them and help them make the move.

Say what you want to say, but please try not to use words that require *'s in them.
Thanks
Mash..

Sorry to of upset your delicate feelings. Like the poster above says I tell it like it is. Your likely to get worse language from switching on the telly so grow up my friend and post something uselfull.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

This isn't the "telly", neither is it the gutter and if I wanted to read filth I wouldn't look for it on a mature forum. What exactly is "useful" about your post. I mean, it merely reveals that you incline toward inarticulacy, have an incredibly low level vocabulary, are prone to rabid outburts of rage and have neanderthal tendancies in wanting to compensate for your inadequacies by threatening PB violence...oh, so very grown up! Awfully mature!

Don't call me friend.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point

Time to stop the arguements/abuse and all the things this forum is not for.

We want to see this forum used for `Information that benefits everyone` not a slanging match.

I could start the `please grow up` line of attack but that in itself is demeaning....

Please just stop the insults and make this a useful forum.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why emigrate?

LETS CHILL..... crack open a beer and relax.

We all know that PB puts a downer on things and I find that people on this forum find him funny and laugh on how depressed he is at life in OZ... but he is entitled to his opinion and not backward in giving it.

Kids do read this forum, and my little boy has a wide enough range of disgusting vocab already - Please god no more!

Mich

Pregnant, but gonna have a glass of wine of the sake of it!
I think we should consider this "why emigrate" as a closed
topic.

Old Jan 31st 2003, 12:34 pm
plucka

Default Re: Why emigrate?

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
LETS CHILL..... crack open a beer and relax.

We all know that PB puts a downer on things and I find that people on this forum find him funny and laugh on how depressed he is at life in OZ... but he is entitled to his opinion and not backward in giving it.

Kids do read this forum, and my little boy has a wide enough range of disgusting vocab already - Please god no more!

Mich

Pregnant, but gonna have a glass of wine of the sake of it!
I think we should consider this "why emigrate" as a closed
topic.
You are right in that it is quite funny how sad PB's life is but there also comes a point where someone needs to put him in his place when he starts attacking Australians in general which is why I posted. I've had my say and I'll leave it at that.

Old Jan 31st 2003, 1:08 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mashiraz
Say what you want to say, but please try not to use words that require *'s in them.
Mash and all,

If you have an issue with the language that has been used in any post in any of the BE forums, please report it to the moderator. That usually works better than replying to the post.

Regards,
Peter