Why don't they?

Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:48 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Why don't they?

Hi,

Why don't Australia and NewZealand combine their currency as Euro and EU have done so?There are always more advantages/benefits in unity/union then living independently.

Please comment???

Thanks,
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why don't they?

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Hi,

Why don't Australia and NewZealand combine their currency as Euro and EU have done so?There are always more advantages/benefits in unity/union then living independently.

Please comment???

Thanks,
Why should they?
Please comment
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:03 pm
is the donut hole

fnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud offnord has much to be proud of

Hi,

Please comment???

Thanks,
Back in history, NZ was going to be a state of Australia. Now, though, I think at lot of Kiwi's don't like idea they could be told what to do by bigger Australia and they'll probably fight to remain as independent as possible. I think convincing the people would be a pretty tough task.

I also found this interview from 08 February 2006:

JOURNALIST:
Can you envisage a time when Australia and New Zealand have a single currency?

PRIME MINISTER HOWARD:
I am not pushing for a single currency. We are two sovereign, independent, close, friendly countries, but we are separate countries and I think it’s always somewhat, how shall I put it, you know needlessly provocative for Australian Prime Ministers to be calling for this or that on a single basis. I don’t know whether we will have single currencies or not. I think to give up control of your currency is a very big step. It’s one of the arguments behind the reluctance of many people, correctly in my view, in the United Kingdom to not join the Euro. And I’m not pushing for a single currency. If it comes and there’s a natural momentum in both countries, dictated by economics and business, so be it. But it’s not a policy objective of my Government.

PRIME MINISTER CLARK:
It’s one of those things that’s never been ruled either in or out. It’s of course far more complex than just what dollar rattles in people’s pockets. It involves a convergence of monetary policy. The two countries tend to have somewhat different business cycles, there are similarities but there are differences because of the different mix of commodities, in particular. I’ve followed the debate about the Euro with a lot of interest. Britain has never entered the Euro precisely because of the monetary policy and business cycle implications; those are very important considerations. If it could be shown to be of economic benefit to our country, we’d seriously put it on the agenda, but there are a lot of question marks on that.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Please comment???

Thanks,
Why, because they happen to be relatively close together? Might as well link to the currency of Papua New Guinea (whatever that is)
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:09 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Why don't they?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why, because they happen to be relatively close together? Might as well link to the currency of Papua New Guinea (whatever that is)
Or may be because currency union requires economic union and political union. Australia's politics is controlled by the US according to the BOGU protocol ("Bend over and grease up") and NZ doesn't want its foreign policy set by neocons in Washington.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Or may be because currency union requires economic union and political union. Australia's politics is controlled by the US according to the BOGU protocol ("Bend over and grease up") and NZ doesn't want its foreign policy set by neocons in Washington.
What's your thoughts on why the UK and some other EU countries did not join the Euro?

Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
What's your thoughts on why the UK and some other EU countries did not join the Euro?

UK is not in Europe.UK economy,politics is mostly handled by US.

There are many places in Europe which still don't like to speak English just they consider France or French more easy.Or may be they personally don't want to speak English because of UK.They send their children to France for higher studies not UK. In simple language, EU is composed of countries which mainly don't want to speak English.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:32 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

A global currency would be a better idea
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:35 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

i remember 'why don't you' years ago,it was that really annoying childrens prog that use to be on in the summer hols,does anyone else remember it ?
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rab
A global currency would be a better idea
Yes global currency and global passport will be the best idea.This way one will not have to wait for 1.5 years Australian PR (sub class:136) processing times anymore.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:36 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
i remember 'why don't you' years ago,it was that really annoying childrens prog that use to be on in the summer hols,does anyone else remember it ?
Why dont you switch off your television set and go and so something less boring instead ??
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:39 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Why dont you switch off your television set and go and so something less boring instead ??
thats the one,the cartoon character kicks in the tv set in opening credits if i remember rightly
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
The Kina since you ask - PGK (Papua and New Guinea Kina).

I'm intrigued about the claim that NZ was once going to be a state of Australia - it wasn't part of the history I was taught at school and university but maybe it was a sanitised version like the history which is taught everywhere (eg the 'great' British imperialist empire).

I too ask the question, why should they combine because it would require a political and economic union similar to the EU to be formed to have a single currency - you don't just combine currencies. Aussies and Kiwis are too strongly independent to approve such a union IMHO.

There is actually talk of Morocco seeking EU membership (yeah, I know, it's in Africa but Turkey is in Asia and it doesn't stop them wanting to be a part of the EU, already play in UEFA football). Perhaps the continent will have to be called Eurabia!

Oh, and NZ is as 'close' to Australia as say Greece is to the UK, next country bar PNG admittedly and both former colonies of his/her majesty.

OzTennis
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:06 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Please comment???

Thanks,
You could ask this next (and probably will)...

"Why don't Canada and the USA combine their currency as Euro and EU have done so?There are always more advantages/benefits in unity/union then living independently."

S
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
I'm intrigued about the claim that NZ was once going to be a state of Australia - it wasn't part of the history I was taught at school and university but maybe it was a sanitised version like the history which is taught everywhere (eg the 'great' British imperialist empire).
My understanding (only from having kids gone through Australian schools, admittedly) is that there was provision made in the Australian constitution for New Zealand becoming a state of Australia (at some time in the future). Don't think it's ever likely to be seriously considered, though!

Maybe New Zealand have a similar allowance in their constitution for Australia to become the West Island of New Zealand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.