Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why the big need to find out if one has a CO?

Why the big need to find out if one has a CO?

Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Question Why the big need to find out if one has a CO?

Just wondering what benefit can be found from emailing ASPC and finding out if a CO has been allocated?

TC
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:32 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why the big need to find out if one has a CO?

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Just wondering what benefit can be found from emailing ASPC and finding out if a CO has been allocated?

TC
I think it just reassures us that we haven't been forgotten about

Julie. x
Old Jun 6th 2006, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
I think it just reassures us that we haven't been forgotten about

Julie. x

...but then don't we worry even more as to why we have a CO and haven't been contacted by him/her:

"OMG..what if my case has problems with it..maybe thats why the CO hasn't been in touch???????"

Does everyone get notified by ASPC as to whether they have a CO or not if they haven't frontloaded...or do they only get notifed BY the CO when info is required?
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:13 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

...but then don't we worry even more as to why we have a CO and haven't been contacted by him/her:

"OMG..what if my case has problems with it..maybe thats why the CO hasn't been in touch???????"

Does everyone get notified by ASPC as to whether they have a CO or not if they haven't frontloaded...or do they only get notifed BY the CO when info is required?
It seems to vary. We were contacted by our CO with our med/pcc requests. (We didn't frontload). She should've sent the letter to our agent but sent it to us by mistake.
A lot of people on here never hear that they have a CO, but when they email ASPC to find out if they have one, their visa seems to be granted the next day!
To be honest, I don't understand their system. I've been waiting 8.5 weeks (since our bond was lodged) and still haven't got a visa

Julie. x
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:17 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to vary. We were contacted by our CO with our med/pcc requests. (We didn't frontload). She should've sent the letter to our agent but sent it to us by mistake.
A lot of people on here never hear that they have a CO, but when they email ASPC to find out if they have one, their visa seems to be granted the next day!
To be honest, I don't understand their system. I've been waiting 8.5 weeks (since our bond was lodged) and still haven't got a visa

Julie. x
oohh julie, i hope we dont wait that long

have you chased DIMA yet? i know happymums was about 4 months, but we know the reason for that was because her hubbie was from another country and that the 'internal' checks took forever.

have you an explanation on why yours is taking so long?
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:37 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
oohh julie, i hope we dont wait that long

have you chased DIMA yet? i know happymums was about 4 months, but we know the reason for that was because her hubbie was from another country and that the 'internal' checks took forever.

have you an explanation on why yours is taking so long?
No I haven't got a clue. My agent has promised to chase it up - in fact I've just sent her another email chasing her chasing it ??????????
God, I think I'm losing it!
Think I might email my CO tomorrow if we haven't heard.

Julie. x
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Why the big need to find out if one has a CO?

No I haven't got a clue. My agent has promised to chase it up - in fact I've just sent her another email chasing her chasing it ??????????
God, I think I'm losing it!
Think I might email my CO tomorrow if we haven't heard.

Julie. x
Hi,Julie I cant believe you are still waiting,I thought you would be on the way by now,get on to that agent,I have been watching for your got it!!Cheers Dave
Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:28 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by weeman111
Hi,Julie I cant believe you are still waiting,I thought you would be on the way by now,get on to that agent,I have been watching for your got it!!Cheers Dave

Right, I've just emailed my CO. I couldn't find my CFN, but hopefully she'll be able to find our file using our unusual surname. There can't be many of us about.

Will let you know.

Julie. x
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:05 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Right, I've just emailed my CO. I couldn't find my CFN, but hopefully she'll be able to find our file using our unusual surname. There can't be many of us about.

Will let you know.

Julie. x

good for you
good luck
xx
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Will let you know.

Julie. x

what visa r u applying for Julie? Are u MODL???
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:23 am
Chocoholic

what visa r u applying for Julie? Are u MODL???
Not MODL but it's a 139 which "should" be a priority one

Got an email back from my CO this morning who isn't a CO anymore
She told me to go through my agent instead of going directly to them.
Yeah well, thanks for nothing, but I've tried that and my agent hasn't heard anything either.
Guess it's back to waiting patiently

Julie. x
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:27 am
Never going back

Not MODL but it's a 139 which "should" be a priority one

Got an email back from my CO this morning who isn't a CO anymore
She told me to go through my agent instead of going directly to them.
Yeah well, thanks for nothing, but I've tried that and my agent hasn't heard anything either.
Guess it's back to waiting patiently

Julie. x
oh crap, thats not you wanted to hear, is it julie?

is your case straight forward? are you both english etc, children from previous relationships? i am just trying to think what the hold up could be?

get on to your agent today and ask them to chase it up again.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:32 am
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
oh crap, thats not you wanted to hear, is it julie?

is your case straight forward? are you both english etc, children from previous relationships? i am just trying to think what the hold up could be?

get on to your agent today and ask them to chase it up again.
Yup, we're just a plain old boring case I'm afraid.
Both English, our 3 kids are our own, married for 20 years etc, etc, etc.
Not a clue what the hold up is.
Ho hum!
Julie. x
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, we're just a plain old boring case I'm afraid.
Both English, our 3 kids are our own, married for 20 years etc, etc, etc.
Not a clue what the hold up is.
Ho hum!
Julie. x
That must be the problem

DIMA are not used to dealing with cases like yours

G
Old Jun 7th 2006, 7:50 am
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by Grayling
That must be the problem

DIMA are not used to dealing with cases like yours

G

Thanks G. You've made me smile.

Julie. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.