Wikiposts

Why Australia?

Old May 29th 2010, 8:34 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Australia?

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yes, we're progressing that way too over here in Surrey!

i recently drove up to cairns and decided that the shortest route north of gympie was the iris highway we did about 100kms thats about 60mile of single track gravel that was rated at 100kms
complete bastard when trucks were going the other way
Old May 29th 2010, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o

i recently drove up to cairns and decided that the shortest route north of gympie was the iris highway we did about 100kms thats about 60mile of single track gravel that was rated at 100kms
complete bastard when trucks were going the other way

Yep, sounds like Africa. Been on many roads like that. I quite like it actually, bonding with nature in such a way.
Old May 29th 2010, 9:01 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Why Australia ? I ask myself the 'why the hell did i move to the arse-end of the world ?' question every day

Seemed like a good idea at the time i suppose.
Old May 29th 2010, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Why Australia ? I ask myself the 'why the hell did i move to the arse-end of the world ?' question every day

Seemed like a good idea at the time i suppose.
For you it would be :

'Why Pakenham!!!'

It's not even 10k by road but I avoid it.
Old May 29th 2010, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Shocking innit...it's a bit like when eveytime someone hears Canada mentioned they start banging on about bears & -40C temps...ignorance is bliss eh!
I agree with the bear thing, but the extreme cold doesn't seem to be overstated, in Alberta anyway, according to my brother
Old May 29th 2010, 10:44 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
For you it would be :

'Why Pakenham!!!'

It's not even 10k by road but I avoid it.
snob

Not everyone is as fortunate as you
Old May 29th 2010, 10:53 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbourneboy
Hi guys, I'm australian and came accross this site while surfing the net.
I got a few questions. Just wondering why you brits immigrate here, when britain is a first world country. You might say the sun but surely it is something more than that to move half way way around the world?
It always baffles me when I read record amounts of brits immigrating here. What have we got that the uk hasn't? I'm not saying its a bad thing at all, just curious to know how come you would wanna live here.
Fact is Australia is the easiest country for a Brit to move to and obtain a visa if you are not in a critical job such as nursing outside the EU.
Old May 29th 2010, 11:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why not?

I appear to live somewhere that doesn't exist. Hey ho.
Old May 30th 2010, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Centurion
Fact is Australia is the easiest country for a Brit to move to and obtain a visa if you are not in a critical job such as nursing outside the EU.
You're kidding, right? The only way to get in is if you do have a critical job such as nursing! I wish it were easy, but it's just gotten a whole lot harder recently
Old May 30th 2010, 10:50 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Yes l've heard a few other people say they could never live in OZ because its too hot and theres deadly creatures crawling everywhere, but of course thats totally exaggerated which they discover if they come to OZ.
I woke up this morning (usually a good sign) and went to fill the kettle for me morning tea ... look into the spout and there is a rather large and hairy spider seeking refuge from the 'cold'.

6 years ago I would have freaked ... I have graduated to calmly walking outside and encouraging it find other digs.
Old May 30th 2010, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

salopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud ofsalopian has much to be proud of

The lobotomy didn't help.
Old May 30th 2010, 1:17 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why not?

I appear to live somewhere that doesn't exist. Hey ho.
eh?
Old May 30th 2010, 1:22 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

I'm one of the "met-aussie-wife-in-uk" brigade.

As far back as I can recall, I never had any desire to move to Australia, or even visit the country. There seemed to be so many other culturally interesting, exotic locations that warranted investigation first. Australia, well it just seemed a bit too much like America.

But fast forward 10years or so, and here I am, with no plans to move elsewhere.
Old May 30th 2010, 1:35 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salopian
The lobotomy didn't help.
I'm a big fan of your tubes.

Originally Posted by asprilla
I'm one of the "met-aussie-wife-in-uk" brigade.

As far back as I can recall, I never had any desire to move to Australia, or even visit the country. There seemed to be so many other culturally interesting, exotic locations that warranted investigation first. Australia, well it just seemed a bit too much like America.

But fast forward 10years or so, and here I am, with no plans to move elsewhere.
I would have visited NZ first to be honest.

Tassie looks nice, I'm heading down there (temporarily) soon.
Old May 30th 2010, 3:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
eh?
Apparently there is only Sydney and Melbourne. The rest is barren nothingness

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.