Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whose flown on the A380 to singapore?

whose flown on the A380 to singapore?

Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

dyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nice
Default whose flown on the A380 to singapore?

just wondering who has managed to fly on the new A380 planes to singapore as i booked my ticket yestaday for december and im on one of these planes and would like to know what they are like?

is it really as good as many people are saying as in room comfort and generaly nice to fly on?

many thanks for your time
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whose flown on the A380 to singapore?

They are brand new and they look nice inside. Haven't had the pleasure to fly one though.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dyson99
just wondering who has managed to fly on the new A380 planes to singapore as i booked my ticket yestaday for december and im on one of these planes and would like to know what they are like?

is it really as good as many people are saying as in room comfort and generaly nice to fly on?

flown on it 6 times between Sing/London. Brilliant, eerily quiet, great entertainment system with the bonus of great staff and food that is Sing air's normal service
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Julian927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dyson99

I have flown to Sydney and back twice on the A380. Given the choice I would not fly on anything else. The seats are bigger and have more leg room. The inflight entertainment is better and the plane is much quieter than anything else I have flown on. If you get the chance to choose your own seat I would recommend the window seats in the upper cabin. You get extra storage space between you seat and the window for things you might, otherwise, have to place under the seat in front of you. We have just booked to fly A380 to Sydney for Christmas.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

dyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nice

someone said it was very quiet and you dont even hear the engines going.... is that right?

ive only got it to singapore on a perth route hopefully its good. i mangaed to get a exit seat right at the front of the econemy seats behind whatever is at the front of the plane.

is it really that good what is so good about it?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Was on one two weeks ago!

Very quiet, very comfy, great entertainment system. If you have an IPOD take your charging lead, you can plug it into the system to keep it charged and playback!!

Oh & try to get on the "top deck" when booking your seats!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:26 pm
Claire

Keg R will become famous soon enoughKeg R will become famous soon enough

Ha Ha Great Plane I was involved in building them. I spent many night shifts sleeping in the seats so they must be good. Not sure you should use A380 thou if i had anything to to with them lol. Cant wait now thou A380 all the way down to Sydney on the 4th July stopping at Singapore. Defo would advise everyone to fly A380.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

crikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the roughcrikey is a jewel in the rough

Upper deck economy is good for ease of Boarding etc as there is only one economy section up there, it is quiet but when we were in the first couple of economy rows of the main deck (in front of the wing) at one point in the flight my wife thought we had landed it was so quiet.

In general though despite the space/service & entertainment, there are so many people on the main deck it is truly cattle class albeit in comfort.

that said, when we go back it will be Singapore airlines, no doubts
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:17 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Sin...irbus_A380.php

dont know if this tip has been mentioned. on singapore when you prebook your seats it just says main deck. But if you choose rows 71 - 83 main deck its actually the upper deck. It costs (I think) aus$50 to choose one of the seats at the emergency exit (more leg room) on the upper deck.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Fabulous, as good as premium economy, loads of room, really quiet and less bumps! have a good flight!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 1:34 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Done it quite a few times now. Originally didn't see what the fuss was about, and still don't think the seats are very comfortable but appreciate the space and decent TV screens.

Came back on one yesterday which was probably only about 2/3 full so thankfully had a space between me and a very creepy bloke.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

We flew the A380 to Sydney about a year and a half back - and as it was a bit of a novelty back then, we decided 'oh what the heck' and splurged on business class seats - never regretted the extravagance. You could pre-book your meals prior to boarding, the seat itself was freaking huge - OH and I could have easily fitted both our bottoms comfortably in one seat!

Definitely recommend it, even if it's only for the size of the seats and nothing else!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:31 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Great thread - we're on the A380 on one of our flights on our holiday to the UK next week.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:37 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The economy class seat in the SIA A380 is also used in the:
B777-300ER (now also used on London-Singapore)
A330-300 (used a lot from Singapore to Australia)
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

we have flown on it,thought it was great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.