Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who's put their visa application in this year ?

who's put their visa application in this year ?

Old Feb 8th 2003, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Smile who's put their visa application in this year ?

Just so we can keep up with each other aswell as timeline ?

Ours went in this week - Skilled Independant - Joiner - requested state nomination for Queensland even thought we pass teh points test. We have been told medicals police checks around September which is fine by us as I am my sister's bridesmaid July 04.

Anyone else or is it just us ?

Carrianne
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who's put their visa application in this year ?

Carrianne

Just waiting for hubby's TRA assessment as an aircraft maintenance enginner to come back OK (fingers very firmly crossed) and then plan to put the application in. Need to chase up a couple of work references first though...

Nicstids
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi Nicstids,

Where do you plan to live if you get in ?
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hi Nicstids,

Where do you plan to live if you get in ?

Good luck to all of you guys just starting the process, we are at present just waiting for that visa, after almost 19 months, your applications shouldn't take that long (long story!)
Once you have put in your application sit back and relax, do research etc. Once you start to hear things about your application, it starts to go quickly, since hearing after 18 months our feet haven't touched the ground.

anyway good luck
c-ya Yve
Old Feb 8th 2003, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks Abergas yes I will chill out we are already planning a holiday in South Africa and all the places we have wanted to visit in Europe before we go like Austria and Italy.

Carrianne
Old Feb 8th 2003, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, good luck everyone, weve been waiting 19 months, gone through all the doubts, etc. and still cant wait to go. :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Feb 8th 2003, 5:11 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We are the same lodged application in Oct 2001 and still waiting. Medicals being posted next week.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

we havent had meds back yet, been waiting 3 weeks for them, any idea how long it takes to get them back. getting impatient.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 5:40 pm
plumber39

Just waiting for my TRA assessment too return positve,then off go,s my application. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ! We must keep each other going through this long and winding road. Destinatoin Gold coast!!!

Old Feb 8th 2003, 5:49 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Andie, we have had our medicals and have sent them to our agent Ian Harrop who will be sending it all over to Adelaide by courier next Thursday. The agent has told us to expect to wait 6-8 weeks before hearing anything further. The waiting game again!
Old Feb 8th 2003, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

As lots of lucky people have recently got their vias and are departing, it is good to see new recruits using this site!
We applied last Oct, we will probably get our meds done around Easter and just send them off - it may speed the process up a bit.

We are also destined for the Sunshine Coast, maybe meet up with a few of you that are heading that direction when we get there.
Old Feb 8th 2003, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tina,

Great idea where abouts are you thinking of on the Sunshine Coast we fancy so many but has to be practical for work so for us it may be Caloundra ?

Carrianne x
Old Feb 8th 2003, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carrianne

Not sure as yet. Hubby lived in Aus 20 years ago and loved Adelaide but I'm not sure how good the job situation is there... Still we can't go til Nov 2005 at the earliest since that's when he comes out of the Navy.

We're in the unusual situation of hoping that they take a while to process our application! (We had to apply now because of the points.)

We're supposed to be going out for a month in April visiting Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. Everything's booked but we're not sure that the Navy will let Mark go because of the situation in Iraq....

Nicstids
Old Feb 8th 2003, 6:38 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

got application confirmation last sept (02) going for medical next week and i have just sent off for police clearence.
but even if i got my visa this year i`m not planning on going until feb next year at the earliest..
Old Feb 8th 2003, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

The Jacksons is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Andi

Did you say that you have not received medicals back from your doctor 3 weeks after having them done? That seems a long time - ours came back within a week - it took a couple of days for the blood test and then we received everything here by post (were given the x-rays on the day to bring home. I`d check whether they have sent them direct to Adelaide - I believe some doctors do that - ours didn`t.

Good luck - hope they get back to you soon.
I assume you also had a date to get everything returned to Adelaide so you may need to contact them to say they have been held up.

All the best

SJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.