Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Old Jan 13th 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

xLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nicexLaLax is just really nice
Default Re: Who's heading to Qld 2010?

L
Originally Posted by Alfresco
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Thanks Shaun sorry was signed on here but away doing other things
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoopyL
Thanks Shaun sorry was signed on here but away doing other things

No worries!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

hellsbells712 is on a distinguished road

Great to see everyone with all their plans to nove to OZ. We are just starting off the process but as I am a nurse, in priority processing category 4, for 175 visa, hoping to be there by the end of the year.

Just booked my IELTS for next month.: ohmy: By god that looks bad. Anyone got any tips on how to pass.

Just starting work on the house to prepare for selling.

Have job secured for when I get there. Will be landing in Brisbane, working in Greenslopes. Any nice areas near there????? Anyone ! Anyone !!!!!
Going to rent for 6-12 months to let us settle in and find somewhere we want to buy and settle. Got a 4 and 5 year old boy and girl who think they are going to see Kangaroos all the time Fab.
Sooooooo excited.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

RobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the roughRobertC is a jewel in the rough

Congratulations

Good choice with Brisbane, Greenslopes is quite a good area but expensive due to proximity to the CBD even though a lot of the houses seem quite small, actually, all of the areas surrounding it are nice too and you can go quite a long way south and still be in good areas. Just see what rental property you can get but demand is outstripping supply so prices are going up fast

There are parks in Brisbane where you can go feed the Kangaroos, can't remember which ones exactly but our 4 and 6 year olds loved it, there are also loads of play areas for kids and they don't get vandalised or have beer cans and rubbish everywhere (very different to the UK). The decent beaches are a bit of a trek north to Sunshine Coast or south to Gold Coast though, the closest beach with real waves is Bribie Island which is about an hour.

Good luck with the IELTS, there are some practice materials available on the web, have a look in the Immigration section for more information and experiences from the test days though.

Old Jan 15th 2010, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hellsbells712
Great to see everyone with all their plans to nove to OZ. We are just starting off the process but as I am a nurse, in priority processing category 4, for 175 visa, hoping to be there by the end of the year.

Just booked my IELTS for next month.: ohmy: By god that looks bad. Anyone got any tips on how to pass.

Just starting work on the house to prepare for selling.

Have job secured for when I get there. Will be landing in Brisbane, working in Greenslopes. Any nice areas near there????? Anyone ! Anyone !!!!!
Going to rent for 6-12 months to let us settle in and find somewhere we want to buy and settle. Got a 4 and 5 year old boy and girl who think they are going to see Kangaroos all the time Fab.
Sooooooo excited.
Hi and welcome to BE forums.

For IELTS do a search or ask in the Immigration forum found here:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Also look in the dedicated nursing forum.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Good choice Brissie and good luck.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Debbiew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We fly out on the 28th, it's taken 2 and a half years to get to this stage. We're heading to Narangba.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 10:09 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

:
Peter May book IELTS practise tests - it comes with cd's so you can practise the listening section. I got it from amazon.
Good Luck. x
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

hellsbells712 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Thanks for advice!
Just ordered Peter May book off Amazon. I crumble at tests like these. So fingers crossed. Gonna take some time off to do some revision . Booked test for end of Feb. Should be time enough. Can't wait to get the ball rolling......

Lyx: congrats on your visa. Only taken 5 months then? I better get a move on with getting the house ready to sell etc..... etc.......

Last edited by hellsbells712; Jan 17th 2010 at 7:34 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for advice!
Just ordered Peter May book off Amazon. I crumble at tests like these. So fingers crossed. Gonna take some time off to do some revision . Booked test for end of Feb. Should be time enough. Can't wait to get the ball rolling......

Lyx: congrats on your visa. Only taken 5 months then? I better get a move on with getting the house ready to sell etc..... etc.......
Yep, get moving!

Time waits for no-one. All the best.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 12:10 am
Just Joined

timpage74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm in Brisbane now, been here since november 18th, I am still waiting for my visa thanks to sept 23rd changes, my girlfriend has been here for 15 months, and I have been coming here to see her. We are looking to live at Wellington point. Anyone in the Bayside area?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by timpage74
Hi I'm in Brisbane now, been here since november 18th, I am still waiting for my visa thanks to sept 23rd changes, my girlfriend has been here for 15 months, and I have been coming here to see her. We are looking to live at Wellington point. Anyone in the Bayside area?

ABCDiamond lives in bayside. You could smoke him out. Most of us aren't there yet.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

butterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nicebutterfly1234 is just really nice

Originally Posted by RAG62
Hi
We are a family of five and leaving on 7/1/10 and heading for the Sunshine Coast.
We have not however managed to sell the house but apart from that things are going to plan (roughly). There is just so much to do!
Richard
hi we are moving to the sunshine coast march/april 2010. cant wait for the warmer weather and the bbq on the beach. So much to sort and organise.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:08 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timpage74
I live close to wello point.

My comment on bayside brisbane -

Its a great place
Old Jan 20th 2010, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avzTrK_Vc8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxELt6lntg

http://bit.ly/7ADCRw

Last edited by The Flintstones; Jan 20th 2010 at 10:25 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.