Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's heading out this year?

Who's heading out this year?

Old Jan 5th 2005, 9:56 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's heading out this year?

Originally Posted by PWBCSA
Interesting use of the word 'partner'...

My other half/life partner/girlfriend/'er indoors and I have been together for over 10 years but are not married. This presents a problem as the easiest term to use is 'partner', which suggests that we could be in a same sex relationship - not that there is anything wrong with that - which we aren't.

It can get quite complicated sometimes.

We have some close friends who are a lesbian couple and they have the same problem in reverse.

Cheers.

We are not of the same sex, i just dont like calling him my boyfriend as it sounds so childish, so until i get a nice blig on my finger, (hopefully soon) he will be refferred to as my partner, then i can call him my fiancee if i can learn how to spell it that is
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:22 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
We are not of the same sex, i just dont like calling him my boyfriend as it sounds so childish, so until i get a nice blig on my finger, (hopefully soon) he will be refferred to as my partner, then i can call him my fiancee if i can learn how to spell it that is
I know what you mean.

Using the terms boyfriend and girlfriend when you are 32 and 31 does seem a bit daft...
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:28 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean.

Using the terms boyfriend and girlfriend when you are 32 and 31 does seem a bit daft...

yea, reminds me ofwhen i was at school and you had a different boyfriend every week, but you never actually went any where with them, only saw them at school,LOL......"when i were a lass......."

laura
x
Old Jan 5th 2005, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bal56
Perth or Melbourne by end of April (visa valdiation deadline). Will have to be for good as can't afford to return with 5 kids!!
We are heading out to Perth in October this year. Validated last year, sold the house, and ready to go, but have some work that I want to finish before we go. Bal56 - we are also from Leicester, but only got one kid and not five!!!!

Adrian
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by elksa
Me, my partner (funktbuddah) and our kids, Toby and Jonjo are heading to Gold Coast sometime between April and July. Just waiting for the bloody house to sell, then I'll book the flights and have an exact date.

me (lesley) john joe,heading for the goldcoast......june.

not booked flight as yet...... house sale completing hopefully end jan.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:06 pm
My thumbs have gone weird

thepoacher is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Who's heading out this year?

I know what you mean.

Me and my 'significant other' are heading out to Oz in July, got the Visa and tickets booked. Hopefully going to spend upto 6 months travelling around on our savings before settling in Melbourne.
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

me, hubby and 3 kids heading to qld (townsville) july/aug, waiting to complete nurse conversion end of march, got a job at the hospital there so cant wait.
just making the most of the winter!
Trish
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Me, hubby and 2 children (6 and 4) are heading out July/August time. We have just got our visa and need to validate by August 17th. Now the visa's here we have spent Christmas thinking (and getting scared of!) all the things we have to do between now and then like decide to sell or rent our house, pick a place to live (probably Sunshine Coast but also looking around Brisbane), look at schools, hand in notice (hooray!!) sort out removals .......yikes, so many things to do, so little time to do them in!!

BB
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

we are heading for Tasmania at the end of Feb/ beg of March depending on the buyers of our house getting off their ass and doing some work- grrrrrr !!!!

I am happy really and just can't wait !!!

Nat
Old Jan 5th 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beach bound
Me, hubby and 2 children (6 and 4) are heading out July/August time. We have just got our visa and need to validate by August 17th. Now the visa's here we have spent Christmas thinking (and getting scared of!) all the things we have to do between now and then like decide to sell or rent our house, pick a place to live (probably Sunshine Coast but also looking around Brisbane), look at schools, hand in notice (hooray!!) sort out removals .......yikes, so many things to do, so little time to do them in!!

BB
noticed you were from sunny wiltshire, whereabouts? you can pm if you like.
know what you mean by so little time, ive got my finals march 16th, hopefully pass april 8th and then my employer will start the process of rsms visa, which is apparantly pretty quick, but its weird saying were going this year after getting used to saying next year, all getting scarey but exciting at the same time.
Trish
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:22 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Myself, Hubby and 2 kids aged 5yrs and 2yrs are hopefully heading out April May time just waiting to sell house. Where? That all depends on getting a official job offer (had verbal in Oct 2004).Job is in Perth. If not either Brisbane or Adelaide
Jo
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:33 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am sitting at Heathrow on their very expensive internet sites, counting down the hours..

My Partner and I are flying out tonight 21.55.. to Brisbane...via Hong Kong...

So, good luck everyone whos still trying for a visa.. they do come along eventually...
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road

Me and hubby going end jan beginning of feb, sunshine coast here we come. My daughter (18) coming in may with her boyfriend and my son in 2006 with his then to be wife . ( should have gone when they were little, would have been so much easier!!)
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

sallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura about

Self, hubby & 2 kids - 16 & 5, heading for Perth sometime after son's GCSEs in June.
Old Jan 6th 2005, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sloake
Well I am sitting at Heathrow on their very expensive internet sites, counting down the hours..

My Partner and I are flying out tonight 21.55.. to Brisbane...via Hong Kong...

So, good luck everyone whos still trying for a visa.. they do come along eventually...
Hi Sloake

Have a good trip. See you are from Jersey - my mum, sis, aunt live there still. Loads of people from Jersey seem to emigrate to Oz. I have only got as far as England but now with visa in hand it will be QLD in July!!

Have fun

BB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.