Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's going to Adelaide???

Who's going to Adelaide???

Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Glorelid is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Who's going to Adelaide???

Hi everybody, We're applying to move to Adelaide, and I would like to received information from those who has already move there or are trying it.

Best Regards
Old Jan 16th 2006, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going to Adelaide???

Originally Posted by Glorelid
Hi everybody, We're applying to move to Adelaide, and I would like to received information from those who has already move there or are trying it.

Best Regards

I'm hoping to get there sometime in March
Old Jan 16th 2006, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there as soon as my house sale completes.

Have you seen this?
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/

Full of people there or heading that way.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband and I have just had our medicals done (unrequested) as soon as we get the visa and then sell the house Adelaide here we come.

Alison & Keith
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

Excellent!
My husband my two months baby and I are doing everything is requested to go there, my husband needs to take the IELTS, well me too, but he needs more points than me because he's the main applicant.
How long have you been in the process?

Originally Posted by Alison1967
My husband and I have just had our medicals done (unrequested) as soon as we get the visa and then sell the house Adelaide here we come.

Alison & Keith
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent!
My husband my two months baby and I are doing everything is requested to go there, my husband needs to take the IELTS, well me too, but he needs more points than me because he's the main applicant.
How long have you been in the process?
Came back from Adelaide Mid-April last year and started getting all the information together. got my skills assessment back end of October and lodged our 136 visa application early November. Just had our medicals done last week (unrequested) and have just sent off for Police checks.
hope to get the ok for the medicals next week.
Just need to concentrate on decorating the house and doing all the much needed DIY jobs! ha!

Alison
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the link!...
What have you done to get there? Aren't you afraid of the accent? I've been listening to some radio stations on line and it's been really difficult for me to understand....

Originally Posted by marco121068
I'll be there as soon as my house sale completes.

Have you seen this?
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/

Full of people there or heading that way.
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

When you were there was that for pleasure? or you were there with the intention to live?

What's your profession? My husband is an Administrator but they validated him as an Internal Auditor....

I'm not so good in English, and I'm afraid it will be very hard for me to be there.

Came back from Adelaide Mid-April last year and started getting all the information together. got my skills assessment back end of October and lodged our 136 visa application early November. Just had our medicals done last week (unrequested) and have just sent off for Police checks.
hope to get the ok for the medicals next week.
Just need to concentrate on decorating the house and doing all the much needed DIY jobs! ha!

Alison
Old Jan 16th 2006, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Congratulations!
Do you know the best place to stay there, in Adelaide... Have you visited before?
Aren't you afraid of the accent?

Originally Posted by WendyC
I'm hoping to get there sometime in March
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

When you were there was that for pleasure? or you were there with the intention to live?

What's your profession? My husband is an Administrator but they validated him as an Internal Auditor....

I'm not so good in English, and I'm afraid it will be very hard for me to be there.

Bit of both, my friend Dulcey emigrated April 2004 and we visited and stayed with her and her family. We have dithered for a couple of years about emigrating but wanted to visit before making up our minds.
Whilst we were there we also visited Melbourne and Sydney but fell in love with Adelaide.
Don't worry about the language barrier Australia is very multi-cultural and the more you practice your english the more comfortable you will become.
I am a qualified Mental Health Nurse and my husband is a Metal Fabrication Worker but he is thinking of going back to college and retraining once we are settled.

Alison
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Do you know the best place to stay there, in Adelaide... Have you visited before?
Aren't you afraid of the accent?

I've never been before, and as the aussie's say

She'll be right!!!
Old Jan 16th 2006, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Wao! It's wonderful to have the opportunity to go before moving, Great!
Once that you've been there and in other parts o Australia, what do you think could be the best neighborhood in Adelaide to Live.

Regards

Bit of both, my friend Dulcey emigrated April 2004 and we visited and stayed with her and her family. We have dithered for a couple of years about emigrating but wanted to visit before making up our minds.
Whilst we were there we also visited Melbourne and Sydney but fell in love with Adelaide.
Don't worry about the language barrier Australia is very multi-cultural and the more you practice your english the more comfortable you will become.
I am a qualified Mental Health Nurse and my husband is a Metal Fabrication Worker but he is thinking of going back to college and retraining once we are settled.

Alison
Old Jan 16th 2006, 8:22 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

We are going too. You should really come to the Adelaide Brits site as it is dedicated to Adelaide.

Lucy

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
Old Jan 16th 2006, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

Good link, thanks.

I am considering Pert, Adelaide & Brisbane.

Adelaide keeps nosing in front though, why I dont know.

The pie-floaters (on Billy Connolys tour of Australia) looked yummy. Pity I'm a vego. Do they do vege pie-floaters in Adelaide?
Old Jan 16th 2006, 8:37 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard Pert is lovely. Especially in the winter when it gets a bit nipply

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.