Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who'd ya fly to Oz with and were they any good?

Who'd ya fly to Oz with and were they any good?

Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who'd ya fly to Oz with and were they any good?

Originally Posted by oliver1982
How much is the total return trip costing you for one ticket and where are you stopping off ?
It's one way (I aint coming back, lol) was $850 plus tax total cost was $1,150. Flying Qantas to Tokyo, 4 day trip in Toyko and then Austrian to Paris via Vienna.

It was the same price for the ticket other ways - Sydney to Europe (via Vienna and then to your final destination). The other option for the same price was Sydney to Bombay with Qantas and then Bombay to Europe with Austrian.

They had it return for $1,200 plus taxes. Got the quote on bestflights.com.au and then took the quote to Flight centre who beat it for me.

Oh and it's for peak season too (middle of July next year).

Mikey

Last edited by Mikeyc; Oct 20th 2008 at 10:33 am.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Missus and the two kids.

OH behaved herself . . . kids were a pain in the arse as usual.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:56 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Flown with Singapore and Malaysia...avoid Malaysia!
Singapore Air were fab but more expensive xx
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

juleschap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FLY WITH B.A. UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF, PATRONISED AND TREATED LIKE CATTLE (EVEN IN TRAVELLER PLUS). ALSO, ONLY IF YOU WANT YOUR KIDS TO BE TREATED AS A MAJOR HASSLE BY INDIFFERENT AND UNCARING STAFF. Over and out!
Hi ya I think you may have had a bad experience with BA. I've flown lots with them and I've always found them helpful and friendly to the kids.

I've always had bad service from Virgin but I know that loads of people rave about them.

Jules
Old Oct 20th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

McLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really nice

flew to brisbane in june with emirates and to be honest i wouldnt rave about them. wasnt that impressed. the glasgow to dubai part was great the staff were fab but from then on it wasnt very good, and i hated dubai and its airport so next time were trying singapore if only to avoid dubai!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:39 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, thank you all for replying.

Emirates was winning for a while, but then someone reminded me about the horrible Dubai Airport. So now I think we might try Singapore. Anyone been with Royal Brunei?

Nic
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:25 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
It's one way (I aint coming back, lol) was $850 plus tax total cost was $1,150. Flying Qantas to Tokyo, 4 day trip in Toyko and then Austrian to Paris via Vienna.

It was the same price for the ticket other ways - Sydney to Europe (via Vienna and then to your final destination). The other option for the same price was Sydney to Bombay with Qantas and then Bombay to Europe with Austrian.

They had it return for $1,200 plus taxes. Got the quote on bestflights.com.au and then took the quote to Flight centre who beat it for me.

Oh and it's for peak season too (middle of July next year).

Mikey
Thanks for that, you may have saved me a few hundred $$$$$ !
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Wow, thank you all for replying.

Emirates was winning for a while, but then someone reminded me about the horrible Dubai Airport. So now I think we might try Singapore. Anyone been with Royal Brunei?

Nic
Singapore were shite for me mind!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
The Q? is in the title, who did you fly to Oz with, were they any good and why?

We flew to Singapore with BA - night-time flight that was empty so we got to lie down and sleep. That was great.

We flew Singapore to Darwin with Qantas and they were fantastic. Very freindly and welcoming and they couldn't do enough for us.

We flew Tokyo to Heathrow with BA - and absolute hell on earth of a flight!!!! Stuffed in like cattle - freezing cold, no food and couldn't get an attendant for a drink! - nightmare.

Please share your experience 'cos we will be booking again soon and I want to balance price with comfort.

Thanks

Nic
Hi we have flown with Malaysia and Singapore and rate both highly, although if I had to put one above the other it would be Malaysia, bit more attentive. Food excellent on both.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

gill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nicegill and chris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Hi we have flown with Malaysia and Singapore and rate both highly, although if I had to put one above the other it would be Malaysia, bit more attentive. Food excellent on both.
I hope Qantas are ok - we are flying with them on sat for our Melbourne reccie!