Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who'd ya fly to Oz with and were they any good?

Who'd ya fly to Oz with and were they any good?

Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:49 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who'd ya fly to Oz with and were they any good?

The Q? is in the title, who did you fly to Oz with, were they any good and why?

We flew to Singapore with BA - night-time flight that was empty so we got to lie down and sleep. That was great.

We flew Singapore to Darwin with Qantas and they were fantastic. Very freindly and welcoming and they couldn't do enough for us.

We flew Tokyo to Heathrow with BA - and absolute hell on earth of a flight!!!! Stuffed in like cattle - freezing cold, no food and couldn't get an attendant for a drink! - nightmare.

Please share your experience 'cos we will be booking again soon and I want to balance price with comfort.

Thanks

Nic
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who'd ya fly to Oz with and were they any good?

Usually Malaysian or Singapore.

Slightly prefer Malaysian as they have more leg room.

Flew Qantas a few weeks ago and they were really good.....on a par with Singapore IMO.

Depends on where you fly from.......Only Singapore and Emirates fly from Manchester and only Emirates from several regional airports.

All others need a connection via Heathrow or Europe.

G
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:29 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

flew with singapore last year when I went for a reccie couldn't fault them flying back out with them next month for my move
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:48 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul30
flew with singapore last year when I went for a reccie couldn't fault them flying back out with them next month for my move
Jeez! is it that time already!!!! I can't believe you're moving already

All the very best of British to yah sir!!!

PS, How is Blackpool?? Comin' through next weekend for the annual fish and chips on the front and see the lights.

Nic
Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Have tried JAL, Malaysian, Thai, Singapore, BA, Emirates and Qantas over the years and I still keep on coming back to Qantas. Also, now I belong to the Frequent Flyer program and have my credit card attached I rack up the miles without too much effort and dont spend more than I was going to spend on anything anyway.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The O'Neills

We flew to Singapore with BA - night-time flight that was empty so we got to lie down and sleep. That was great.

We flew Singapore to Darwin with Qantas and they were fantastic. Very freindly and welcoming and they couldn't do enough for us.

We flew Tokyo to Heathrow with BA - and absolute hell on earth of a flight!!!! Stuffed in like cattle - freezing cold, no food and couldn't get an attendant for a drink! - nightmare.

Please share your experience 'cos we will be booking again soon and I want to balance price with comfort.

Thanks

Nic
We used Emirates , never used any other so a bit hard to compare but they were fab, friendly , plenty leg room and brilliant ice system for the kids oh and you get stainless knifes and forks lol.food not bad too.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

I found

Air Tahiti Nui the best I’ve been with, it’s what an airline should be!

Etihad and Malaysian were great

Singapore and BA equal, good but not the best

United Airlines ok, but expected better.

Air New Zealand, would never in my life fly them again, so uncomfortable, terrible service and rude staff.

Qantas a joke every time I’ve flown them.

American Airlines and Lufthansa the worst! (had them for half the trip once)

My flight back to Europe next year is with Qantas (hate that bit) and Austrian Airlines – no idea what they are like, but heard not the best.... but hey, for $850 for the ticket, I can’t complain or expect much.

Mikey
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The O'Neills

Thanks

Nic
Agree 100% with you about BA, we flew from Sydney to London with them in March and it was a living hell: cabin crew generally ignored you if you pressed the call button, plus the meals in our section were served late cos the microwaves broke down, we were getting served when everyone else had finished! The economy fare entertainment system was absolutely dire, there weren't even any sort of games at all if you weren't interested in their poor selection of movies, and I realised belatedly that my movie kept restarting because someone nearby was using a laptop. It was also cold and cramped. And I won't mention the malarky with the people sitting in front of us, since that's technically not BA's fault!!

Flew back to Oz last month with Malaysia Airlines, lots of space, really friendly helpful staff, nice food and good entertainment system.

Would also recommend Emirates, have flown with them in the past and they are also a top rate airline, I also think they have a very luxurious ambience: even though you're flying econony you feel very pampered!!

Good luck with whoever you choose!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:21 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[![/QUOTE]

Singapore shades it over Emirates for me.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates if you are in economy as their entertainment systenm is great and they are good with kids. BA if you are business, their entertainment is not so good as Emirates but seats are more comfy. Qantas for first class and to rack up the airmiles,with lie-flat beds and great amenity kit.
Caroline
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Flown Economy with Emirates, Quantas, Singapre, BA so far ....

My ratings

1. Emirates
2. Singapore
3. Quantas
4. BA

Only flown Business with emirates & that was amazing!!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:38 am
Homeward bound

Originally Posted by mindblower
[!
Singapore shades it over Emirates for me.[/QUOTE]

Hi Mindblower,

Your the second yonner i've come across recently. I'm in Chadderton. But not for much longer hopefully!

Nic
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:41 am
Homeward bound

Thanks y'all,

We will be flying lower class - canny afford the business and first that I know some of you lucky pumpkins get to fly.

Looks like Emirates is winning at the mo, should have done a poll!

Nic
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

We are flying Malaysian in 3 weeks time .We have flown with them 3 times and also Singapore. IMO they come out similiar but just prefer Malaysian and my husband thinks the air hostess' are fab so thats him entertained ! Great with the kids - just checked their website for the films showing we have already got our entire viewing schedule sorted starting with Mama Mia - must go and continue packing sh*t 3 weeks to go. Good Luck
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

fa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nicefa kin su pa is just really nice

We are flying with EVA airways. They appear very good from what I have found out and I understand you get more leg room and they are the cheapest Book early tho

Once we fly we will let you all know but will not be ale to compare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.