Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who would you fly with ??these,these or these ?

Who would you fly with ??these,these or these ?

Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about
Default Who would you fly with ??these,these or these ?

have been quoted similar flight prices for the following airlines can anyone with experience of the following airlines give me their opinions please,as a bench mark we flew with etihad last year and were fairly impressed also does anybody know which airline is favorable towards double baggage allowance when validating visas on one way tickets i.e -migrating with intention to stay ,thx for any replies in advance
BA
ETIHAD
QANTAS
EMIRATES
CATHAY PACIFIC
P.S if possible would you also rate in order of preference , cheers swagman
Old Jan 24th 2009, 12:31 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who would you fly with ??these,these or these ?

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
have been quoted similar flight prices for the following airlines can anyone with experience of the following airlines give me their opinions please,as a bench mark we flew with etihad last year and were fairly impressed also does anybody know which airline is favorable towards double baggage allowance when validating visas on one way tickets i.e -migrating with intention to stay ,thx for any replies in advance
BA
ETIHAD
QANTAS
EMIRATES
CATHAY PACIFIC
Of them only Qantas.

Usually Singapore or Malaysian with Malaysian first choice.

G
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

anawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of lightanawanahuanana is a glorious beacon of light

I'd definately put QANTAS at the bottom of the list, with B.A only slightly above it. After that, you can have a great, good, or not so good flight on any of them, depending on the crew. Just avoid B.A and QF!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:03 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

BA
ETIHAD
QANTAS
EMIRATES
CATHAY PACIFIC
Depends on which class you are flying in. If Business then BA, Qantas, Cathay, Emirates, Ethihad (only put them last as no experience with them)

Cannot comment on long haul economy with any of them but from your list alot of people on here favour Emirates.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

BA
ETIHAD
QANTAS
EMIRATES
CATHAY PACIFIC
1 Qantas - always been reliable and I like the Lounge and the points!
2 Cathay - superb service, very very close behind Qantas for preference

3 BA - but there are a lot of airline I'd rather fly before I got down to this level!
4 ETIHAD - dislike the attitude of the ME airlines, (see below)
5 EMIRATES - lousy flight, lousy transit, lousy staff attitude, I'd almost rather swim

If you're looking for double baggage though, you're almost certainly limited to Singapore, and just possibly Emirates, unless you pay extra.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 24th 2009 at 4:17 am.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Of these I've only ever flown Cathay and I would not rate them and would try to avoid flying them again unless they have bought some new planes in the last year. The ones I had last Feb from Brisbane to London were some of the worst planes I've been on. I've flown Singapore and Malaysian all other times and they were much much better than Cathay
Old Jan 24th 2009, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Pollyanna - good choices!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Rideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the roughRideaway is a jewel in the rough

BA
ETIHAD
QANTAS
EMIRATES
CATHAY PACIFIC
I've flown with Etihad and could not fault their service - much better than bloody awful or Qantas (IMO)
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Cathay were quite good apart from l o n g stopover
Qantas okay - crew usually friendly
Dont like ME so haven't used them
Singapore is far and away my favourite
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

BA
ETIHAD
QANTAS
EMIRATES
CATHAY PACIFIC
Only used Cathay so far on reccie, flight and staff all fine, quite enjoyed the trip except the Chinese on the flight tended to walk about constantly and open the windows shades at the back where we were, letting in all the light. Had better food on a flight but tend to usally upgrade but couldn't afford it so we were in economy. Have booked with IOM (from your visa letter) and they have booked us a flight with Quantas used them mainly to get the 40kg each as have validated already.

Friend of ours is flying out for holiday to Oz on Monday with Korean air so will find out what he thought of flight when he's back, when we were searching found Korean and China air very cheap but just didn't fancy them all at personally.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

I think it can be hit or miss with just about any airline. It depends on the plane and the crew.

I've flown Qantas and found them "adequate" on the whole, although the planes were tired and shabby.

I've also flown once with Cathay Pacific, and had an absolutely superb flight from London to Hong Kong, but it was a newly re-fitted plane which was very comfortable with good service and facilities, but the flight from Hong Kong to Melbourne was on a different plane and was awful.

All of the flights were economy because I can't afford anything better!!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Have flown with all of them... BA were the best..............Royal Brunei the worst!
Old Jan 24th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

BA
ETIHAD
QANTAS
EMIRATES
CATHAY PACIFIC
My order of preference after dozens of trips :

1. Cathay Pacific - Great service, probably 2nd best behind Singapore
2. Emirates - Very good, but I find their seats are not quite right.
3. Etihad - Never flown, but based on reputation I would.
4. BA - Never really had a bad flight, excellent service and website etc - but their seat pitch is atrocious.
5. QANTAS - Bad service, bad planes, bad seat pitch, one of the worst airlines outside the USA.

However my favourite is Air New Zealand. They have biggest seat pitch, one of the best IFE systems and they go via LA which means 2 x 32kg each passenger. Only downside is it takes a bit longer to go that way.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

BA
ETIHAD
QANTAS
EMIRATES
CATHAY PACIFIC
Hello jollyswagman.
My name's mandy from withernsea, east yorkshire. Dont know if you remember me, i chatted to you a while ago. Your a brickie i believe, so is my hubby.
Just wondered where you have decided to go in oz with regards to finding work.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Well thats definatly given us food for thought regarding the airlines!! Mandy we are still struggling to know where our best option to live would be regarding work, i believe there is a good chance of work for brickies in townsville or darwin but i think in all fairness my o/h would find it too hot and humid to work in!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.