Aussies
77.50%
Folk from Stoke-on-Trent
10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

who are the worse drivers?

Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

optus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura about
Default who are the worse drivers?

I have been shocked by how bad the driving is in OZ. They:
Won't let you out.
Drive right up your ars#.
Hog the outside lane.
Have no idea how to signal at round abouts.

Their driving is almost as bad as you will find in Stoke-on-Trent!

Optus
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: who are the worse drivers?

Originally Posted by optus
Won't let you out.
Hog the outside lane.

Optus

This is a tough one. Yes Oz driving is pretty bad (ok very bad), but surely not worse than in stoke?

Sam
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:49 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by optus
Won't let you out.
Hog the outside lane.

Optus
Dopey moronic Aussies who shouldnt be on the road!
Those types who plod well under the speed limit and very common in WA.
Those who, in a dual carriageway will hog along in both lanes with NO intention of overtaking, those are the clowns that anoy.

Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:02 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I have driven in all the Capital cities of Oz except for Darwin & Hobart and I have spent 4 yrs in the UK, living mainly in London.

I have to say that in my opinion, UK drivers are by FAR the worst drivers I have ever encountered. Primarily the London drivers, I will admit but still even on trips out of London they arent much better.

Actually, I would have to say that the UK drivers that I had to deal with on a day to day basis were just plain arrogant.....

I will say that coming back to Oz I have found Australian drivers frustrating in that after living in London they are all so layed back here I could just about fall asleep behind the wheel.....

But hey.....this was just my experience and my opinion
                Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:10 am
                Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
                MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
                  I have to say, I have never experienced an incidence of road rage in Australia, yet was only in the UK about 3 days when we had some bloke get out of the car & threaten Dagboy (& the other guy was in the wrong!) :scared: .

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jun 10th 2005 at 4:46 am. Reason: clarify who was in the wrong
                  Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:17 am
                  PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Hels
                  I have driven in all the Capital cities of Oz except for Darwin & Hobart and I have spent 4 yrs in the UK, living mainly in London.

I have to say that in my opinion, UK drivers are by FAR the worst drivers I have ever encountered. Primarily the London drivers, I will admit but still even on trips out of London they arent much better.

Actually, I would have to say that the UK drivers that I had to deal with on a day to day basis were just plain arrogant.....

I will say that coming back to Oz I have found Australian drivers frustrating in that after living in London they are all so layed back here I could just about fall asleep behind the wheel.....

But hey.....this was just my experience and my opinion
                                You need to spend 6 months in Perth then....

Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:22 am
                                Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Women.

Whist driving me to day, the wife nearly ran over a policeman on a bicycle....
                                she was looking at a dress in a shop at the time of moving the sophisticated
                                piece of machinery. This was 2 days after a 17 year old woman
                                (Aka split arse)ran into the back of us, to which she appologised and said "sorry I wasn't looking I
                                was talking with my cousin".

I rest my case....

Last edited by evoal2003; Jun 10th 2005 at 4:24 am.
                                Old Jun 10th 2005, 4:30 am
                                ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
                                I have to say, I have never experienced an incidence of road rage in Australia, yet was only in the UK about 3 days when we had some bloke get out of the car & threaten Dagboy (& he was in the wrong!) :scared: .
                                Road Rage was all the rage in Sydney when I moved to QLD

At the time I remember thinking how nice and pleasant it was to be driving again in QLD. I spent a few weeks not driving before I left NSW, as I was getting a bit agravated with it all.

So, even though some Australian drivers are really bad, we can't tar them all with the same brush

Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:00 am
                                BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Driving in Oz is still something I am coming to terms with, although generally I still find the whole outside lane owners club (an upgrade from the middle lane owners club in the UK) very annoying. My pet hate though is the idiots who insist on having their front fog lights on at night when it hasn't been foggy for the last 3 weeks !!! If anything is going to cause road rage it is this.
                                Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:00 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
                                So, even though some Australian drivers are really bad, we can't tar them all with the same brush
                                Though that would be a good idea for some of them.
                                Tar and feathers.
                                Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:01 am
                                Badge

I think London and SE drivers are the same as the worst of Australian drivers.

Australian drivers seem to have the edge over overtaking dangerously; however I was always a bit of a Sunday driver in the Uk so never saw the M25 at it's worst.

As the law allows Aussies to overtake on the inside, the lower limits in Australia edges it for me in the safety stakes. I drive at 120k occasionally and I feel hey - I'm fast in my diesel ute but its the norm in the UK.

Badge

Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:44 am
                                Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

You don't need to worry about those intent on hogging the outside lane...just zip past on the inside (when in Rome etc....)

However , I did see one guy in the outside lane last week who had me a tad worried as he drove his Commodore the length of the Nicklin way between Warana and Wurtulla with 2 wheels up on the median strip the whole way, only coming off at junctions with those damned annoying breaks in the median strip !
                                Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:05 am
                                ABCDiamond

I think if you are a UK country driver, and move to Sydney, you will have major problems, but if you are a London driver, and move to a quieter area, you may wonder what all the fuss is about

Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:08 am
                                ABCDiamond

Talking about the outside lane.............
                                I have come across many Australians who consider that the "inside" lane is the lane on the inside of the width of the road, and the "outside lane" is the lane at the furthest outwards part of the entire road.

Makes for interesting conversations

Old Jun 10th 2005, 6:29 am
                                BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Aussie driving takes the cake. Their favourite trick seems to be (in Melbourne, at least) to speed up to a traffic light in the left hand lane (knowing full well there will cars parked in the left lane just as you get past lights) and then speed off from the lights and cut you off while they try and go infront of everyone who was right lane. Does my bloody hell in!

I have driven in London (as a learner) and I got more consideration there than I do here. UK drivers are far more patient and considerate in my opinion

Last edited by Shellfish; Jun 10th 2005 at 6:34 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.