Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who wishes they were bk home

Wikiposts

who wishes they were bk home

Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:54 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: who wishes they were bk home

Originally Posted by Exile
Well if Vash wants to fly all the way around the globe to Perth to comfort an expat with homesickness he's a much more generous spirited person than I ever gave him credit for.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who wishes they were bk home

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why? What's the difference?
I believe OP is from the UK, and if you've read the comments, you'd see that OP is homesick and although subtle it may be, OP's homesickness is to do with being in AU and missing UK...For God's sake, read the article...

Maybe I didn't read it properly...Maybe OP is referring to being in another City in Au??....Nah...
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Syedney
I believe OP is from the UK, and if you've read the comments, you'd see that OP is homesick and although subtle it may be, OP's homesickness is to do with being in AU and missing UK...For God's sake, read the article...

Maybe I didn't read it properly...Maybe OP is referring to being in another City in Au??....Nah...
Homesickness is still homesickness, whether you're an Aussie, a pom, a Canadian, whoever .........
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Homesickness is still homesickness, whether you're an Aussie, a pom, a Canadian, whoever .........
I agree with that...

But not within the context of the article here...
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:19 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that...

But not within the context of the article here...
Anyway, Aussies aren't cultured enough to even feel homesick, unlike Poms.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I understood the OP My query was because Vash is obviously homesick for Aus, whilst still in the UK. Therefore he wishes he was back home so he agreed with the OP.

Back to my planet
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:43 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

I want to go home, unfortunately i'm no where near you, im on the sunshine coast, been here 2 years november, homesickness has been off and on for me but i now have a bub on the way and realise that family and friends are very important, i really sympathise with you its not easy but you've done more that wat others would dare to dream, i keep getting comments like dont worry u havent failed... far from it i have achieved so much from this adventure i have learnt so much, all thats left is to sell this darn house and car any body want them who's on their way over lol? I really hope you feel more settled soon if not you know what you have to do good luck and keep smiling
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

Home sickness isnt a bad thing, I think people who are 100% happy with where they live still feel homesick somtimes.

BUT dont hang out with people who will just bring you down, we met a lovely couple who we became very good friends with.
Everytime we went out she would be in tears and constantly talking about the UK.
In the end we stopped seeing them because they just made us feel real down, not to the point where we wanted to go home but it was just uncomfortable.
Strange thing was he was from UK and she was an Aussie strange eh
Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Anyway, Aussies aren't cultured enough to even feel homesick, unlike Poms.

To be honest, I do envy the Ozzie when it comes down to travelling etc...They feel less homesick and crave less for home creature comforts than us Poms...Wish we could control the tap that leaks homesickness...

Maybe then we can cope better with being so far away from mates, local pubs and a good old banter!!!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I do envy the Ozzie when it comes down to travelling etc...They feel less homesick and crave less for home creature comforts than us Poms...Wish we could control the tap that leaks homesickness...
Good lord, do they? How on earth do you know?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 4:46 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

I Miss Ireland sometimes. I miss my mates and my family and getting together with them. But I know if I returned I would get to see them again "Hurray" then 2 or three days later I would be ready to return here.

The grass is always greener on the other side, so stop looking at the other side of the fence ffs.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:50 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe then we can cope better with being so far away from mates, local pubs and a good old banter!!!
Poms are allsorts. As are Aussies. Most more or less bonded to a home place. Perhaps this might help: Homesickness
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:53 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kericare
i dont want to get in to arguments here but is there anyone in perth that feels they want to go bk home,would love to meet up with people that are here and are wanting to go bk,i have never felt so lonely in all my life than i do now,what were yr reasons for coming here and why do you want to go bk pm if you would rather cheers
I flew into London on Monday for a family memorial. The only thing I would say is be very careful what you wish for. Two days into a week long visit and I really just want to be back in Australia ASAP.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Poms are allsorts. As are Aussies. Most more or less bonded to a home place. Perhaps this might help: Homesickness
Attachments is the key word, if you dont have many for the UK your chances for settling in another country is higher, maybe we need to take up Buddism, thats their message-to have no attachments!!!!

Homesickness is horrible, but I agree with what another post said, be careful what you wish for, no doubt a few days or mths later, you will want to return to OZ,like us!

Bluekipper
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:54 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I am home but my sympathies if you're in a place you don't want to be. (personally I don't think it's a good idea to mix with people as down as yourself as I think it drags you down further) but I know it helps some people.
Have to agree, not sure what I would have done without a friendly positive ear, thanks matey X

Last edited by shiels; Jun 30th 2009 at 7:01 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.