Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who went with Emirates to OZ?

Who went with Emirates to OZ?

Old Aug 29th 2005, 6:47 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone went to OZ with Emirates?

I think I'll go to OZ with Emirates. Any suggestions? Is it a comfortable flight with it?

Last edited by skywalker; Aug 29th 2005 at 6:57 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:14 pm
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone went to OZ with Emirates?

Haven't been yet but we go on Friday for our reccie and fly Glasgow - Dubai - Perth with Emirates so will give you a report when we get back.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:29 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skywalker
I think I'll go to OZ with Emirates. Any suggestions? Is it a comfortable flight with it?
I've flown Emirates about 6 times to Australia and they are a reasonably good airline. Economy is much the muchness with tv's in the back of seats etc. Business is fairly rubbish compared to Singapore or Cathay and First is not worth the money as the seats are very very dated, having been fortunate enough in the past.

They hub through Dubai which means that you fly UK to Dubai, change aircraft then Dubai to Singapore for refueling when you can get off for an hour before heading into Australia.

To check out various airlines, reviews and seat pitch including photos of cabins etc have a look at www.airlinequality.com
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who went with Emirates to OZ?

we flew with emirates in april birmingham - dubai (2 hrs) - perth for our reccie (me my wife mother in law and 2 girls 2 and 4) and the crew and flight were fantastic nothing but good to say and IF we go back to oz we def use emirates again....

karl
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:10 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

We used them last year and they were fine , quick route to perth but long long flight back from Sydney. I would use them for West coast again but not for east coast.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

We flew Emirates last year for a trip to Oz, treated ourselves to Business Class, which was excellent. The flight was on Airbus A300(?) - The newest ones, which was obviously a help.

Due to a Technical problem, we flew with Singapore too, which was as good as Emirates, if not a tiny bit better.

The Business seats had individual entertainment systems, meaning you could watch a movie whenever you wanted to. Service was great, making the flight enjoyable rather than bearable.

No problems at all with Emirates, I reccomend them!
Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone went to OZ with Emirates?

We flew with emirates and always recommend them to anyone who is going to oz, no problems, courteous staff.

Give them a go, they have won awards for their flight service.Cant get much better than that.

Cheers

Old Aug 29th 2005, 8:40 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all! I think Emirates would be a good choice.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 10:56 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all! I think Emirates would be a good choice.
We used them for our recce last year and for our one-way ticket a couple of months back.

They are comfy enough and we thought the staff were excellent - as someone else said, nothing was too much trouble. I'd use them again.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 1:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baggie
we flew with emirates in april birmingham - dubai (2 hrs) -
Blimey, that's quick - did Emirates buy up all those second hand Concordes?

Anyway, I've done Emirates to Perth and they were great, in fact, I prefer them to Singapore, their planes are newer, the Singapore 747's are long in the tooth and on our last flight loads of the seat back screens didn't work including my wife's one.

Plus with Emirates you get to see where Mecca is every half hour or so as a picture of the Kaaba and some arrows pop up on the big screen. I usually use this as a prompt to order another G&T!
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 3:13 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I have no personal experience myself, but a colleague at work definately recommends emirates. My dad is going business class to Oz with emirates at the end of this month, they are sending a car to collect him from home and take him and his wife to the airport. My colleague at work says my dad doesn't need business class with emirates ...its that good! Will see what my dad thinks, he went with Quantas last time he went.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

I have been twice on Emirates and they are fine. Been once in Business and once in Economy, both really nice.

Also, one of lifes real useful things that the kids have learnt from flying with them is how to say "Please fasten your seatbeats" in Arabic!!