Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who is using/used who for currency exchange ??

Who is using/used who for currency exchange ??

Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Who is using/used who for currency exchange ??

Just wondered what methods and companys any body used or will use to transfer your currency to Oz/NZ

Off soon
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who is using/used who for currency exchange ??

Originally posted by Stoney
Just wondered what methods and companys any body used or will use to transfer your currency to Oz/NZ

Off soon
I've been using XEtrade. Very good. No complaints ... Yet!!

Also ... just registered with tranzfers.com.

Regards

Ian

Last edited by jonah66; Oct 6th 2003 at 10:00 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about transferring large amounts (cos I'm skint) but for anyone who only wants a way of transferring small amounts, try

www.tranzfers.com

They will move as little as £50 from $ to £ or vice versa, and its cheaper than the usual rates.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for your replies, I will check both of those out, I have been looking into using ozforex (www.ozforex.com) seem like very good rates and will transfer for $20.00.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 10:03 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Stoney, I went to Ozforex first - they seem to be the same company as Tranzfers. I was advised by them that Forex is aimed at corporate customers, and Tranzfers at the personal end of the market.
Tranzfers charge £7 per transaction from UK to Oz, and I think its $15 from Oz to UK.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Pollyanna,
Just checked out transfers, it seems a lot more user (idiot) friendly than ozforex and that cant be a bad thing for me!!

not long now
Old Oct 7th 2003, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Roger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the roughRoger is a jewel in the rough

I used the ASB Bank (Commonwealth in Oz). Same rate as Halewood (don't take notice of there internet prices) and no problems transferrring as I telegraphed it straight to an ASB sterling account from Natwest and changed when the rate was right. No middle men to worry about. The difference on over £150K was about ninety quid.
Roger
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

http://www.sgm-fx.com/private/how-it-works.html

no charge for there service
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:45 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

We are using LloydsTSB we were a little concerned from a previous post as what happens if these forex company goes under with your money.

It is costing £40 for the transaction but the rates are as favourable through commercial banking
Old Oct 7th 2003, 8:50 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We are using Fist Direct and it's a £10 flat fee to transfer any amount.

Em.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:06 am
Home and Happy

My problem is that I need to transfer small amounts back to the UK every month, and to use the big banks is uneconomic for that. First Direct wouldn't open an account for me - got loads of stuff of me like pay slips, refused to open me one, and then lost all my papers! Not overly impressed!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Stoney
Hi Pollyanna,
Just checked out transfers, it seems a lot more user (idiot) friendly than ozforex and that cant be a bad thing for me!!

not long now

Not sure , but i have checked out a quote any they gave me a different exchange rate 2.40. while "OANDA.COM" gave me 2.43 as todays rate? although it only costs £7 to transer from Tranxfers they make up for it with the differnece in exchange rate, have i read this right??
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:13 am
Home and Happy

Don't know, is the honest answer! I'm just using them cos they were the only company I could find to do small frequent transfers with, in both directions. The exchange rate had to incidental - anything I lose on there is balanced against the ease of the transfer!
If I was talking about a lot of money, the exchange rate would obviously be more important.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone used the ones I keep seeing pop up from time to time? Haylewood, Currencies Direct, Monerycorp etc...

Last edited by pabloako; Oct 7th 2003 at 10:31 am.
Old Oct 7th 2003, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by itsasecret
Not sure , but i have checked out a quote any they gave me a different exchange rate 2.40. while "OANDA.COM" gave me 2.43 as todays rate? although it only costs £7 to transer from Tranxfers they make up for it with the differnece in exchange rate, have i read this right??
The rate quoted by Oanda is the Interbank Rate. You should work on approx. 0.02 difference between the IB Rate and the rate you can get your dosh exchanged for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.