Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who should I use?

Who should I use?

Old Jun 28th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Question Who should I use?

We are not taking all our furniture...just bits and bobs.....pictures, mirrors, Micks boats (these are ornaments, Lisa will know what I mean, he is not an anorak!!) playstations, chrissie decs.you know all that sort of stuff. Any suggestions as to who we should use to ship it all?

Sandra
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:48 pm
Soon to be Visas holders

pete n lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who should I use?

Originally posted by sj oldfield
We are not taking all our furniture...just bits and bobs.....pictures, mirrors, Micks boats (these are ornaments, Lisa will know what I mean, he is not an anorak!!) playstations, chrissie decs.you know all that sort of stuff. Any suggestions as to who we should use to ship it all?

Sandra
Hi ya Sandra

I would give White & Co a ring, really helpful and quite good on price, we are only going groupage, I thing Mandy and Lance are using them as well.

Lisa x
Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:23 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Sandra,

I've booked Crown, they're coming tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

Gave me the best price though and all arranged within two weeks!

Elaine M
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Sandra

Hi Sandra

We're in the same boat as you. I've had Crown, Pickfords and Britannia out to quote for our possessions. In total we need 320 cu foot of space on a container (about a quarter). Britannia were absolutely dreadful. The guy was scruffy, slagged off the competition and then never came back to me with a quote. I had to chase them 3 times!!! When the quote came through I binned it!!

Pickfords and Crown were both excellent - and although we are sharing a container I managed to haggle them down on price. In the end Crown won our business. It's costing us £1,350. Pickfords quoted over £1500.

We leave on the 31st October but as we want our stuff to arrive before Xmas we'll probably have to pack it up in September (cripes I don't look forward to sleeping on a blow up mattress for that long)

Hope this helps. Good luck - there is soooooooo much to do now, but at least it's less stressful than visa/house selling!
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra
Have you thought about packing yourself Sandra, since it doesn't sound like you have a lot of stuff. We're looking at possibly using Orion shipping, have all the credentials etc. and are cheaper than using removals.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 9:38 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Sandra
Hi Sandra,

We are using Armishaws (head office 01963 34065)

They are based in the southwest. We are having 40fter but they were at least a grand cheaper than anyone else and have been really great so far.

Max x
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Right, having looked at the amount of stuff we are taking, we have decided to pack ourselves.

Can anyone advise best people to ship it?
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Just an idea, but what about some of us Pompey folk sharing a container? Just an idea, but could have it's own complications.
We have been looking at http://www.orionshipping.co.uk/html/quotes.html
It has Iso 9001 quality assurance and other stuff, if you look at the introduction page.
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Larissa,

They dont ship to Perth
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Larissa,

They dont ship to Perth
They do ship to Fremantle though
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Should have looked properly!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 30th 2004, 10:54 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Sandra,

Promised you an update on Crown.

They were very good, 2 very professional packers. I had wrapped most of my ornaments but stacked everything else in boxes ready for them to pack. They took about 2 hours to pack 22 boxes which should come in under the estimated 120 cubic feet but I should only pay for the volume packed - will check this out tomorrow.

I'm relieved I didn't pack everything myself - having seen how they did it I reckon half of my stuff wouldn't have got there in one piece! Also I'd rather be covered on insurance, at least for the important things, so it was easier this way, for me anyway.

Elaine M
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

debbie and rich is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Sandra

We used White and Co from Portsmouth and they were brilliant, nothing broken or missing and very professional.

Debbie (been awol for a while but back in the swing now!!)
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

We're going to get White and Co in for a quote, reason being that our timescales may go beserk and if Blim is needed at work asap I will have some more help here & over there.
Hopefully we will know if he's got the job by by next week.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:36 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

" ANGLO PACIFIC " Tel...020 8965 1234 0r 0161 653 4455.
They gave us the best quote , can't vouch for how good they are , had mixed reports ( good and bad ) but that's who we,re using.

all the best plum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.