Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who Sends The Medical Results

Who Sends The Medical Results

Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

scorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to all
Smile Who Sends The Medical Results

hi all
i have booked my medicals a week before xmas (frontloading). do i send the results myself by courier or do i give the doctor money for them to send them. i am hoping that my pcc will have came back before medicals so i can send them off together.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Sends The Medical Results

Originally Posted by scorpiogray
hi all
i have booked my medicals a week before xmas (frontloading). do i send the results myself by courier or do i give the doctor money for them to send them. i am hoping that my pcc will have came back before medicals so i can send them off together.
You will not be given your medicals, the doctor who does them will send them straight off.
If you have your x-rays done on a different site (eg a hospital, which is what we did) then they'll give you the sealed envelope & the doctor will check them and send them off with your meds form to the visa people.
Depending on your visa, the meds could go to a variety of places - ours went to Canberra. Your visa application form should tell you where they need to go. Part of the charge you pay the doctor will include courier or recorded delivery of your meds to Australia.

Hope that helps! Good luck with it all,
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:16 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

hi all
Hi

We have our medicals booked on 11th December and we are front loaded to. We were told we can't send them ourselves, but they can. Also they will hold your medicals until you are really to send them. We are going to wait until we have got a case worker, and then we will have a case number to send them to.

Cheers
Julie
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

A couple more things I just thought of: 1) you do not have to wait until you have ref numbers etc - we had our meds done just ahead of our visa app going off and they matched it all up in Oz without any probs; 2) it may be a bad idea to have meds done too far in advance a) in case they do get lost, although they shouldn't, and b) they can expire after a year and would be expensive to have done again & might leave you with less flexibility in terms of how fast you have to validate your visa in Australia.

I'm sure other people will have more to add though!
Old Nov 21st 2006, 1:27 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by esperanza
A couple more things I just thought of: 1) you do not have to wait until you have ref numbers etc - we had our meds done just ahead of our visa app going off and they matched it all up in Oz without any probs; 2) it may be a bad idea to have meds done too far in advance a) in case they do get lost, although they shouldn't, and b) they can expire after a year and would be expensive to have done again & might leave you with less flexibility in terms of how fast you have to validate your visa in Australia.

I'm sure other people will have more to add though!
No worries. We did think of this, but we thought what the hell!

We are going out on 136 and sending our app's in early January and hopefully have our visa's by September or October next year, if not sooner.
Old Nov 21st 2006, 3:50 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

Medical centre send them for you. We had ours done a couple weeks ago and they charged us for the courier then sent us a letter telling us when they were sent and giving us the info to be able to track it. On checking we could see that they arrived the day after they were sent. Dont forget to let the centre you are submitting your application to know the detaails of when and where you had your meds done. Good Luck........ C x
Old Nov 21st 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

scorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to allscorpiogray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shiels
Medical centre send them for you. We had ours done a couple weeks ago and they charged us for the courier then sent us a letter telling us when they were sent and giving us the info to be able to track it. On checking we could see that they arrived the day after they were sent. Dont forget to let the centre you are submitting your application to know the detaails of when and where you had your meds done. Good Luck........ C x

thanks everyone

melx