British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   who for sending boxes back to uk (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/who-sending-boxes-back-uk-637277/)

jimandkate Oct 24th 2009 11:29 am

who for sending boxes back to uk

Hi we sent boxes over with freedom shipping they were great and everything went well with them we are now considering moving back and have just looked at freedom site and they only do coming to oz and not going back :confused: so if anyone can help on who they have used thanks Kate :wub:

wannabe in oz Oct 24th 2009 1:05 pm

Re: who for sending boxes back to uk

can't help with the boxes, but was wondering why ur moving back?

jimandkate Oct 24th 2009 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by wannabe in oz (Post 8041416)
can't help with the boxes, but was wondering why ur moving back?

Hi it is a few things OH work is very slow and not what he is used too carpener schooling for the boys is very different and the cost of living is going up every week house prices are so expensive so in all it is a few things, If the education was fine then OH would be able to get something else or we would sacrafise other things but with the boys education that is the big thing and the important one,We will miss going to the park and the out door life but that lasts only a few months,when the winter comes OMG it got so cold we could not belive it everyone told us winter in oz was like uk summer yes it would be if you had central heating and double glazing :eek: have never been so cold and we came from scotland:rofl:,It all depends on what you are looking for we are just looking for something that is not here right now and are a bit mixed feeling We do love oz for somethings but not others but i would say think about what you are looking for as the grass is not always greener hope this helps Kate:wub:

king kong Oct 24th 2009 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by jimandkate (Post 8041277)
Hi we sent boxes over with freedom shipping they were great and everything went well with them we are now considering moving back and have just looked at freedom site and they only do coming to oz and not going back :confused: so if anyone can help on who they have used thanks Kate :wub:

im sending 7 boxes back , i think the minimum is a cubic metre which is 7 boxes costing $700 .They will pick up . thats with pickfords in welshpool 089334 5510.
I didnt bother searchin around though on the price , i figured a 100 a box and i have a 2000 in each box ,its good for me .

dave99 Oct 24th 2009 3:27 pm

I think a lot of people feel the same way, some things are better some things are worse. Well as long as you feel you have given it a good try, how long were you out here for?, I have been here 4 years now and still not decided wether to stay or not :)

Juliecabs Oct 24th 2009 3:57 pm

We used Jetta Express www.jettaexpress.com.au

Great service and reasonably priced too. Our baggage got picked up the day before we left and arrived back the day after us.

Julie. x

ABCDiamond Oct 24th 2009 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by jimandkate (Post 8041483)
when the winter comes OMG it got so cold we could not belive it everyone told us winter in oz was like uk summer

The people that told you that probably lived in Queensland... where it more often than not is.

jimandkate Oct 25th 2009 6:57 am

Originally Posted by dave99 (Post 8041619)
I think a lot of people feel the same way, some things are better some things are worse. Well as long as you feel you have given it a good try, how long were you out here for?, I have been here 4 years now and still not decided wether to stay or not :)

we have been here just over the year we are here until March as signed our rental and feel that we should at least have a summer :thumbup: It is hard to decide what you really want and if we go back and decide to come back hey thats life you just need to enjoy it for what it is Kate :wub:

jimandkate Oct 25th 2009 6:59 am

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond (Post 8042461)
The people that told you that probably lived in Queensland... where it more often than not is.

The only thing is it was people who live in Perth that told us that and if i hear again that oh it never rains in Perth and it is not usually like this i think I will :eek: ha ha ha Kate:wub: