Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who,s going where in australia????

who,s going where in australia????

Old Jul 10th 2003, 11:56 am
Just Joined

annie b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We're off to Newcastle/Hunter Valley in October 2003.

Chose the area because its coastal, fairly industrial and a lot cheaper then Sydney!!

Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, we're looking at somewhere outside Brisbane or Perth depending on work etc.
Don't really want to work in a city though so may look at towns nearby. Definitely don't want to live in a city or in suburbs either really, 3 kids though and availability of work will decide things.

It's a logistical bloody nightmare innit?
Old Aug 20th 2003, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We are heading to the Sunshine Coast about an hour North of Brissie. We are not sure where yet, I think it is wise to leave that decision until you get out there and look at property prices etc.

We always knew we wanted the East Coast and didn't like Sydney - we don't want to live in a city. Drove up the coast and thought this area suited us the most. Also looked at opportunities available for businesses etc.

If you haven't got family out there then there is a lot to choose from!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:06 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who,s going where in australia????

Hi Delboy

We are looking at Brisbane, not really sure where, got lots of options but my girlfriend wants to head back to the Indooroopilly, Taringa, Toowong area (where she lived before heading over to England).
We had a look at all these and more (such as Forest Lake which we thought was nice) when we were there a few weeks ago.
Should be there end of 2004 hopefully if everything goes to plan(seems so far away).

Cheers

TT

Originally posted by delboy
hi i am really interested to see who is going where, im not nosy i just would like to see where and why people are choosing, i am hoping perth 2004 sept. have some cousins there,and fancy the coast more. I would like to talk to other people with same expectations and people who already live in perth many thanks allison
Old Aug 20th 2003, 8:25 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

We're off to Melbourne as we feel that there might be more work opportunities there for hubby (he's an electrician). Also, we like the idea of a more changeable climate.....think we might like the occasional bit of cold!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:07 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Sydney - Here we come!

Hi!!

We are heading back to Sydney - lived there since I was 5 !!

Cheers

Sam
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sydney - Here we come!

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Hi!!

We are heading back to Sydney - lived there since I was 5 !!

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,

Penketh? wherabouts?

(I'm originally from Great Sankey - lived there until I was 21 then moved to the Wirral)

Andy.

(Hoping to go to Brisbane or Perth)
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:20 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Penketh!!

Hi Andy

We are in Manston Road, Penketh... Do you know it???

I have lived there since April last year but my husband Andy has lived there since he was 1...

Cheers

Sam
Old Aug 20th 2003, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Penketh!!

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Hi Andy

We are in Manston Road, Penketh... Do you know it???

I have lived there since April last year but my husband Andy has lived there since he was 1...

Cheers

Sam
Know it roughly, on way down towards the river off main road at Red Lion pub?
We looked at houses down there when we were thinking of moving back to Warrington area about 6 years ago.