Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who is Mike Stanton?

Who is Mike Stanton?

Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:36 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Who is Mike Stanton?

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
I'm sure everyone outside of shitesville (i.e. our village) will be fine, the power cuts are very frequent here, not quite sure why.
Mike Stanton needs to move in and sort them out!

Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:47 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
This forum was beginning to resemble a Stepford wives' tea party. But, then again...

Superior, you are aptly-named. Everyone must feel superior to you and your inane, ill-informed comments.

I particularly like your reference to 'backwards Europe.'

That'll be the same Europe that managed to land a space probe on Titan and develop the world's most advanced aeroplane. It seems to compare moderately favourably with the country that invented Aussie Rules.

And I take extra comfort from the fact you're far, far away at the AOTP*

[*Arse-end of the planet]
Did'nt the space probe the Europeans sent to Mars, crash and was never heard of again. Austalia recently invented the " Scram Jet " the jet engine of the future which is an air-breathing combustion engine and will allow plane to travel at 5 times the speed of sound meaning you can travel from London to Sydney in under 1 hour.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:50 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Superior
Oops! Touched a raw nerve. did I?

Errrm....it is the boring backward europe that most people want to escape from...........
Aussies seem to like going there to further their careers.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by wombat42
Did'nt the space probe the Europeans sent to Mars, crash and was never heard of again. Austalia recently invented the " Scram Jet " the jet engine of the future which is an air-breathing combustion engine and will allow plane to travel at 5 times the speed of sound meaning you can travel from London to Sydney in under 1 hour.
Is that the one that exploded?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Wow!! In the presence of greatness!

Hi Mike, looked through your posts as a new member to the forum and I've got to say - impressed. Looks like you could cause an argument in an empty room!

Got to say though - I'm slightly nervous at leaving a post now - I've just copied and pasted this post into word and spell checked!!! lol

Rob
I'm just a big softy, really

I'm happy to have a serious discussion on anything vaguely Oz-related. Or give the "Oz is wunnerful" brigade a bit of a slapping. These Aussie Witnesses include the likes of the Adelaide Lard Boy (aka wombat42) and Oz's very own cross-dresser, ABCDiamond ...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

No, Oz didn't invent the scram jet. But they did manage to produce the first example of prototype where the thrust exceeded the drag.

Aussies are nothing if not inventive. For example, an Aussie took a metal bucket, cut a hole in it and stuck it in on his head. And then started stealin' and shootin'. It only works well if your first name is Ned.

Last edited by MikeStanton; Jan 19th 2005 at 9:45 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:34 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

No, that would be the yanks, Nasa flew the first one last year, scram technology for civil use will be available in about 100 years time. The European probe landed successfully on Titan the other day
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:56 pm
wombat42

No, Oz didn't invent the scram jet. But they did manage to produce the first example of prototype where the thrust exceeded the drag.

Aussies are nothing if not inventive. For example, an Aussie took a metal bucket, cut a hole in it and stuck it in on his head. And then started stealin' and shootin'. It only works well if your first name is Ned.
It was a Aussie that invented the Tank during WW1 which allowed the Allies to break the trench warfare deadlock and win the War. If it was'nt for him you would all be speaking German now.

Last edited by wombat42; Jan 19th 2005 at 9:58 pm.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:58 pm
ABCDiamond

I'm just a big softy, really

I'm happy to have a serious discussion on anything vaguely Oz-related. Or give the "Oz is wunnerful" brigade a bit of a slapping. These Aussie Witnesses include the likes of the Adelaide Lard Boy (aka wombat42) and Oz's very own cross-dresser, ABCDiamond ...
Well, as you brought my name into it

I like your "location" information:
"Been there. Done that. Returned to UK", stuck around for a while, but came back to Australia, and now feel settled You should stop following me around

I did mention to you once that we have been very similar, but I now feel I may have been wrong. I think that both countries have good points, and don't need to slag off the other one all the time, like you feel you do, well.. not any more .

And then of course you do feel the need to use "personal insults" to get your message across .. I always used to have an opinion about people like that, and I assume others have their own opinions too.

Have a nice day

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:59 pm

It was a Aussie that invented the Tank during WW1 which allowed Britain to break the trench warfare deadlock and win the War. If it was'nt for him you would all be speaking German now.
Yeh yeh if it wasn't for Britain claiming Oz you'd be speaking french.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It was a Aussie that invented the Tank during WW1 which allowed Britain to break the trench warfare deadlock and win the War. If it was'nt for him you would all be speaking German now.
And Australia too. I doubt it though. If the Germans had won in Europe, their navy would have had to defeat the Royal Navy & that was never going to happen.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:08 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

It was a Aussie that invented the Tank during WW1 which allowed the Allies to break the trench warfare deadlock and win the War. If it was'nt for him you would all be speaking German now.
Don't mention the war to Mike (The pantomime dame) Stanton for god's sake!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

It was a Aussie that invented the Tank during WW1
You'd better tell the historians. Sir William Tritton and Major Wilson are credited with inventing it.

Put it another way - you're wrong...again.

But, take heart : an Aussie did invent the septic tank - to which you seem to be a keen contributor.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

At the end of the day guys a considerable amount of Australians are descended from Brits so I think we can take a lot of credit for making Australia so Great
Old Jan 19th 2005, 11:04 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Superior
Really? News to most people here. I cannot imagine anyone with self respect going to england........

You just insulted a lot of Aussies who are already there/ have already been.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.