Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who follows Rugby League?

Who follows Rugby League?

Old May 3rd 2004, 3:32 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Cant belive my Leeds Rhinos lost on friday eve.
Had to escape to Lanzarote to escape the humiliation.ha
Last hol in Europe b4 move to Brisbane
Come on Rhinos
Now that Leeds Utd are dead and buried(boo hoo)
Old May 6th 2004, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road
Default Melbourne Storm v Cronulla Sharks

I just thought I would remind anyone who may be interested (and in Melbourne this weekend) that the Melbourne Storm have a home game against the Cronulla Sharks on Saturday (8th May).

The game is at Olympic Park, which is easily accessible via the #70 tram from Flinders Street. The game kicks off at 7.30pm, and general admission to the ground is $17.50 (a bargain). You can also upgrade for a few bucks more if you would like to settle into a nice comfy seat.

It would be great to see some more new faces there, so if you have any interest in Rugby League, why not come along and support the Storm as they continue to battle away in AFL country.

The Storm's website is at: http://www.melbournestorm.com.au

Please feel free to PM me if you want any more info. I will be there - usually standing in the North East corner (just around from the big screen), and I will probably be wearing my black and white Hull FC shirt.

Cheers,

Steve
Old May 6th 2004, 7:06 pm
PommieLeague

WR

Im a RL jersey collector and want to know, do you know if any of the VRL clubs in and around Melb have any merchandise?
Cheers
Lee

Old May 7th 2004, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

try this for RL merchandise...

www.peterwynnscore.com.au

generally the merchnadise outlets are sub standard in comparison to say football at home or even AFL over here. If you just want a shirt though Peter Wynn should be able to get it for you.
Old May 8th 2004, 9:17 pm
PommieLeague

Originally posted by RichS
try this for RL merchandise...

www.peterwynnscore.com.au

generally the merchnadise outlets are sub standard in comparison to say football at home or even AFL over here. If you just want a shirt though Peter Wynn should be able to get it for you.
Hi Rich
Was in Peter Wynns last year when was in Sydney, a fab shop it is! Some rare jerseys there and they even gave me some Peter Wynns Score socks and a mug which i have me cuppa!

Another good place to get cheap junior club jerseys is Goodfellows on Princes Hwy, St Peters.

Old May 8th 2004, 9:31 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Thomaz

Going to have to go see Warrington Wolves now on my next trip home. Wonder if it will be the same?
ROFL er I think not

C'mon you Saints 56 what?
Old May 9th 2004, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

WhiteRose is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Lathlain
WR

Im a RL jersey collector and want to know, do you know if any of the VRL clubs in and around Melb have any merchandise?
Cheers
Lee
Lathlain,

I've not come across any VRL shirts around Melbourne, but it may be worth you contacting http://www.rugbyfever.com as they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Old May 9th 2004, 9:18 pm
PommieLeague

Thanks mate. I bought a Storm jersey from them 2 years ago, was very good.
I know Ballarat Highlanders sell jerseys.