British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Who fancies a South Coast Meet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/who-fancies-south-coast-meet-327277/)

Robbo2 Sep 21st 2005 7:22 pm

Who fancies a South Coast Meet?

The last meet was 2 months ago and it would be good to catch up again guys...who's up for it?

gobbyjock Sep 21st 2005 7:24 pm

Re: Who fancies a South Coast Meet?

Originally Posted by Robbo2
The last meet was 2 months ago and it would be good to catch up again guys...who's up for it?

Sounds good (we might actually manage to make it this time) :D
Where & when??

Robbo2 Sep 21st 2005 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Sounds good (we might actually manage to make it this time) :D
Where & when??

Before 15th Oct or after 31st if poss because we're out of the country!
The Farmhouse Pub in Portsmouth where we have met the last couple of times is a good venue.

Perthforme Sep 21st 2005 7:39 pm

The Farmhouse Pub in Portsmouth where we have met the last couple of times is a good venue.

maybe after you get back then as that will suit us too as v busy till then :eek:

gobbyjock Sep 21st 2005 7:49 pm

What about the 9th October (a Sunday I think??)

Robbo2 Sep 22nd 2005 5:45 am

just bouncing this thread back to the top for those of us who are up early this morning checking their emails!

meelie Sep 22nd 2005 6:11 am

Sorry Robbo, I would if I could but I have an early shift the next day and its a bit far! LOL! :p

Anne4Terry Sep 22nd 2005 6:14 am

If a drink is involved then I am up for it ;) I would second PfM in saying after you get back, as I am up to my neck in trying to sort out application cock ups and also supposed to be doing coursework assignments that have to be completed by October 16th :scared: Suppose I ought to get started at some point then :rolleyes: Oh, and I've got a residential to go to as well, so I would rather it was later than think of you guys having a drink without me :D

Be great if Gobbyjock could make it this time.

charlie brown Sep 22nd 2005 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
If a drink is involved then I am up for it ;) I would second PfM in saying after you get back, as I am up to my neck in trying to sort out application cock ups and also supposed to be doing coursework assignments that have to be completed by October 16th :scared: Suppose I ought to get started at some point then :rolleyes: Oh, and I've got a residential to go to as well, so I would rather it was later than think of you guys having a drink without me :D

Be great if Gobbyjock could make it this time.

hi anne, we will come missing terry nuts, :scared:

Robbo2 Sep 22nd 2005 8:34 am

ok, sometime in November then?
Any dates preferred? We have no plans until leaving party at end of November as we were supposed to be flying on 10th :(

Robbo2 Sep 22nd 2005 4:40 pm

ok, sometime in November then?
Any dates preferred? We have no plans until leaving party at end of November as we were supposed to be flying on 10th :(

Bounce!
Maybe we could tempt people with chocolate again Anne?

wavy_davy Sep 22nd 2005 5:38 pm

Did someone say chocolate!! :D We would like to come if it fits in with Chef's shifts. We could make it down to Portsmouth by 3.30 but no earlier. I know The Vine at Ower was suggested before which would make it easier for us and can be easily reached from J2 of M27. I think any weekend in November is ok for us so far. Looking forward to it!

Perthforme Sep 22nd 2005 6:45 pm

How about Sunday Nov 6th , the farmhouse ( its great for those with kids thanks to the uge ball pit ) 3.30pm on wards ???

coxfamuk Sep 22nd 2005 6:49 pm

You can count us in, depending on date and time of course.

Anne4Terry Sep 22nd 2005 8:24 pm

Bounce!
Maybe we could tempt people with chocolate again Anne?

Yeah but somebody else needs to be in the chair this time, I did all the buying last time :D

Robbo2 Sep 23rd 2005 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Perthforme
How about Sunday Nov 6th , the farmhouse ( its great for those with kids thanks to the uge ball pit ) 3.30pm on wards ???

Yep, sounds good for us!

Perthforme Sep 24th 2005 8:11 pm

Bump :beer:

GinaUK Sep 25th 2005 8:34 am

Yep, Sunday 6th November sounds good for us. Could you please have an Oz flag on a stick on the table this time? Last time, we couldn't find you, and and in the end I think there were about three seperate groups in three parts of the pub.

Gina

P.S. Did I mention that we've got the visa... ;) (As you can tell, still on cloud 9 :D )

janet66 Sep 25th 2005 9:05 am

hi everyone this is my first post , but live in fareham and still in very early stages of australia and what it has to offer us , but would be interested in meeting others on the forum especially poeple in the south . we are looking into going via the australian navy as my husband has done 23 years in british navy , but would enjoy meeting others if ok .

GinaUK Sep 25th 2005 9:10 am

Originally Posted by janet66
hi everyone this is my first post , but live in fareham and still in very early stages of australia and what it has to offer us , but would be interested in meeting others on the forum especially poeple in the south . we are looking into going via the australian navy as my husband has done 23 years in british navy , but would enjoy meeting others if ok .

Hi Janet,

just to say "Welcome to the Forum" :) . We started the process last December and have been to three "meets" so far. They are good fun.

Good luck with getting the visa. And hope to see you at a "meet".

Gina

Perthforme Sep 25th 2005 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Yep, Sunday 6th November sounds good for us. Could you please have an Oz flag on a stick on the table this time? Last time, we couldn't find you, and and in the end I think there were about three seperate groups in three parts of the pub.

Gina

P.S. Did I mention that we've got the visa... ;) (As you can tell, still on cloud 9 :D )

Well the last two we all ended up at the end of the pub where the kids play zone is and if we all pop on an aussy t shirt that helps, i got no flag but if someone has bring it too !
I also did a couple of sweeps of the pub looking for lost souls :p
Well done on the Visa again hope to be on that cloud soon :D

Robbo2 Sep 26th 2005 9:28 am

Sunday 6th November it is then! 3.30pm.
Any more takers? We need help celebrating.....we got our visa's today!!!!! :D

Perthforme Sep 26th 2005 5:15 pm

Cool well done , i sent our pcc's off with DHL so should hear soon too and Charile Brown got their TRA yes :beer: :D

wavy_davy Sep 26th 2005 6:00 pm

WOW WOW WOW Well done guys!!! :beer:

PS the meet is on the calendar and we are planning to pop in! Katy

suzy Sep 26th 2005 6:06 pm

Can someone give me the address of the Farmhouse. Am working that day but if I get an early shift I can come along but don't know Portsmouth too well.

Thanks

suzy x

charlie brown Sep 26th 2005 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by suzy
Can someone give me the address of the Farmhouse. Am working that day but if I get an early shift I can come along but don't know Portsmouth too well.

Thanks

suzy x

can we come , we passed our tra today , and still smiling rooksieand it dosent hert yet:D

Perthforme Sep 26th 2005 6:25 pm

Thanks

suzy x

The Farmhouse
Burrfields Road
Portsmouth
PO3 5HH
Tel: 02392 671111

It's off Eastern Road, which is the A2030.

Directions: Southampton M27 towards Portsmouth. Carry on M27 as it merges with A27 heading towards Chichester and Havant. Take the first exit off the A27 sign posted Southsea and Drayton. At Roundabout take 3rd exit on right. At 3rd set of traffic lights (opposite Harvester Restaurant) get in right hand feeder lane. Turn right and Farmhouse is immediately on Left.

suzy Sep 26th 2005 6:28 pm

The Farmhouse
Burrfields Road
Portsmouth
PO3 5HH

Directions: Southampton M27 towards Portsmouth. Carry on M27 as it merges with A27 heading towards Chichester and Havant. Take the first exit off the A27 sign posted Southsea and Drayton. At Roundabout take 3rd exit on right. At 3rd set of traffic lights (opposite Harvester Restaurant) get in right hand feeder lane. Turn right and Farmhouse is immediately on Left.

Great, thanks for that. Fingers crossed I can be there.

:)

Perthforme Sep 26th 2005 6:32 pm

Great, thanks for that. Fingers crossed I can be there.

:)

We usually eat there too foods not to shabby :)

Anastasia Beaverhausen Sep 26th 2005 6:45 pm

We usually eat there too foods not to shabby :)

May be able to make this one. Not sure yet though, its my 30th on the 11th and the hubby has ordered me to leave the weekends on either side of my birthday free :confused: , so I will let you know closer to the time.

Perthforme Sep 26th 2005 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
May be able to make this one. Not sure yet though, its my 30th on the 11th and the hubby has ordered me to leave the weekends on either side of my birthday free :confused: , so I will let you know closer to the time.

LOL sounds like you maybe in for a treat :D

Anastasia Beaverhausen Sep 26th 2005 6:49 pm

LOL sounds like you maybe in for a treat :D

bloody well better be!! :D :D

Perthforme Sep 26th 2005 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
bloody well better be!! :D :D

Well it is your birthday :beer:

Sam Sep 26th 2005 8:37 pm

The Farmhouse
Burrfields Road
Portsmouth
PO3 5HH

Know where that is, (only because we went on holiday to Selsey in Aug) not sure if we'll be there though as we're at the Sandown meet soon (couple of weeks) and thats at least an hour drive, Portsmouth is at least 2 1/2hrs for us, so a bit furthur!!!!!! :eek: if we don't make it, have a good time!!!!!!

Perthforme Sep 26th 2005 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Know where that is, (only because we went on holiday to Selsey in Aug) not sure if we'll be there though as we're at the Sandown meet soon (couple of weeks) and thats at least an hour drive, Portsmouth is at least 2 1/2hrs for us, so a bit furthur!!!!!! :eek: if we don't make it, have a good time!!!!!!

Yeah it is a long way !! we are nearly an hour from it but Anne4terry's terry will hopefully share his nuts with all again if they come :o

charlie brown Sep 26th 2005 8:42 pm

Yeah it is a long way !! we are nearly an hour from it but Anne4terry's terry will hopefully share his nuts with all again if they come :o

did someone mention terry's nut's, i'll be there;)

Sam Sep 26th 2005 8:45 pm

Ok Terry may be sharing his nuts, but........... we've got 'Lunchboxes' at Sandown!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Perthforme Sep 26th 2005 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by charlie brown
did someone mention terry's nut's, i'll be there;)

They were warm and tasty last time :D

Perthforme Sep 26th 2005 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Ok Terry may be sharing his nuts, but........... we've got 'Lunchboxes' at Sandown!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Less is more ;)

Perthforme Sep 28th 2005 6:17 pm

any others want to come to this meet all are welcome :D
As i'm in a good mood 2day i will bring the chocs this time :p