Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who can certify copies

who can certify copies

Old May 7th 2003, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

bungleberg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default who can certify copies

who can certify copies of trade qualifications, passports etc?

what needs to be provided along with the copies?

do they write a coverring letter for each document or can they be done collectivly?

can teachers certify copies, or has it got to be JP's etc
Old May 7th 2003, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: who can certify copies

Originally posted by bungleberg
who can certify copies of trade qualifications, passports etc?

only solicitors, judges etc it does tell you on the list.

what needs to be provided along with the copies?
the solicitor must stamp their address etc on to the copy and certify it is a true copy of the original

do they write a coverring letter for each document or can they be done collectivly?
each must be done separately, so it can work out quite pricey.

can teachers certify copies, got to be JP's etc
no teachers can't certify.
Old May 7th 2003, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

grubelice is an unknown quantity at this point

I took mine to a solicitor who signed the lot as a job lot and didn't charge much. I then went back a couple of times and he was really reasonable (bottle of wine second time) If I remember correctly he put the company stamp on the document and and wrote something to the effect "I certify this is a true copy of the original" he knew what to do - obviously. Probably best to go to a small solicitor's office and just negotiate the rate ie £25 for the lot (or whatever). Teachers and the like can't do certify for this purpose. In Oz Justice of the Peace do it in libraries (as I saw) and again charge per document. To be on the safe side I would go with a solicitor, over here, as if things are not 100% correct when you send them off they will be returned and thus time will be wasted. Oh yeah - be prepared to start spending on the process now - at least it shows you are serious.

Elaine
Old May 7th 2003, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default Re: who can certify copies

bank manager has official stamp to verify copies, everything stamped and signed - no charge. this was for my husband's spouse visa and was accepted.
karen