Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

white wine in Perth

white wine in Perth

Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default white wine in Perth

tell me you can get white wine in Perth for reasonable price....

someone told me its all red.. and whites are expensive
Old Nov 29th 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all
Default Re: white wine in Perth

Add some vinegar, close your eyes and drink quickly! More to the point can you get Bewcastle Brown Ale?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:38 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I nominate this for the dumbest question of the year award.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocCake
tell me you can get white wine in Perth for reasonable price....

someone told me its all red.. and whites are expensive
Of course you can get white wine in Perth. NO, it's not expensive. You can get anything from $4 bottles to $400 bottles, depending on what you like. Personally, I buy the boxes and just keep it in the fridge.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice

I haven't seen a bottle of white for $4, tell me where..............

i pay about $10 for a bottle but you can get a 2L carton for about $13

The cheapest was $6.99 when it was on offer

Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by renth
LOL, brilliant oh, do the curtains still fade also!!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bev1
I haven't seen a bottle of white for $4, tell me where..............

i pay about $10 for a bottle but you can get a 2L carton for about $13

The cheapest was $6.99 when it was on offer

You should try here www.danmurphys.com.au Cleanskins $2 per bottle!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Why would white be dearer than red? Most winemakers have ranges from the cheaper to the more expensive and both reds and whites are about the same. OK they don't sell wine in supermarkets, but just about every bottle store we went to had both reds and whites for very reasonable prices, especially cleanskins and they aren't half bad. We even got an $8 bottle of Jacob's Creek in the pub bottle store. Mind you $10 a bottle isn't bad either, as long as it isn't the stuff you could get for $6 in the supermarket back home.

Last edited by kiwinow; Nov 30th 2008 at 1:57 am. Reason: Too much red wine
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by hoveactually
You should try here www.danmurphys.com.au Cleanskins $2 per bottle!
BWS do those $2 cleanskins as well. They had some in blue bottles a while ago, and I've seen similar empty bottles sell for $1.50 each in some places !!

The wine was pretty good too.

Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
BWS do those $2 cleanskins as well. They had some in blue bottles a while ago, and I've seen similar empty bottles sell for $1.50 each in some places !!

The wine was pretty good too.
I'm trying to find some in red bottles. It's not the wine I want so much as the bottle. I'm going to use my glass cutting tools to remove the bottoms of the bottles, grind them so they're no longer sharp and use them as outdoor lights on our alfresco.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 6:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Seconded........FFS!

I have to admit.....I haven't seen this one before on a 'reasons why Perth is shit' thread!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm trying to find some in red bottles. It's not the wine I want so much as the bottle. I'm going to use my glass cutting tools to remove the bottoms of the bottles, grind them so they're no longer sharp and use them as outdoor lights on our alfresco.
I just bought some red bottles in the shop facing Bunnings (cant remember the name of it) in Joondalup. You know the one that sells all bits and bobs for the house?
Tracie
Old Nov 30th 2008, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Excellent idea Dorothy. Noticed it around public places before in the UK but never thought about having placed around my own grounds. Another good excuse to have plenty of wine each night
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

yea..!!! thanks!!
had to be asked as i didn't believe it myself!!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

For me it's white wine!

Although I do think it's bizarely slightly more expensive than the UK in the supermarket. I've tried a number of different whites and (apart from going to the vineyard) still prefer Lindemanns chardonnay. I know I'm as common as muck. I love an oaky chardonnay. I'll pay anywhere up to $18.99 which is isn't bad if it's a decent one. No point in drinking rubbish, lifes too short for that and diets!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.