Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

White goods in rented properties?

White goods in rented properties?

Old Jan 10th 2006, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Location: Near Buckingham UK, but moving to Adelaide in February 2006.
Sian & Paul is on a distinguished road
Question White goods in rented properties?

We are looking to take out a one year rental - unfurnished - do these places usually come with white goods or is it worth our while shipping over our washing machine and fridge freezer (fridge freezer is a large SMEG unit)?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default Re: White goods in rented properties?

Originally Posted by Sian & Paul
We are looking to take out a one year rental - unfurnished - do these places usually come with white goods or is it worth our while shipping over our washing machine and fridge freezer (fridge freezer is a large SMEG unit)?

Hi Sian & Paul

Planning to rent when we come over.
All the property we have looked at only have a cooker and oven.

Beth
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:55 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Like you we will be renting longer term, and have been informed that oven will proberbly be the only white goods in the house, so will be taking washing machine etc. Tho we have been advised not to take our fridge/freezer as they are not up to the job, apparently not strong enough to cope with heat, (they would be good enough as a drinks fridge etc but would not have a long life)

Cheers Nicky
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:02 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

With regards to freezers, there was a post on here recently saying don't take your UK freezer as it can't handle the temperature. Now this must be the fact that the unit doesn't work as efficiently in the Oz ambient temperature? Can't keep a consistent temp all the time. Anyone, dust..dust.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
Like you we will be renting longer term, and have been informed that oven will proberbly be the only white goods in the house, so will be taking washing machine etc. Tho we have been advised not to take our fridge/freezer as they are not up to the job, apparently not strong enough to cope with heat, (they would be good enough as a drinks fridge etc but would not have a long life)

Cheers Nicky

Hi Nicky

Was looking through the forum a couple of weeks ago and found this web site

www.mrrentals.com.au

Hope that helps

Beth
Old Jan 10th 2006, 5:07 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi Nicky

Was looking through the forum a couple of weeks ago and found this web site

www.mrrentals.com.au

Hope that helps

Beth

HI Beth Thanks for that web site will add to my list, not come across one like it

Cheers

Nicky
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:29 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

We looked at loads of houses before we found the one for us. The rental will include a cooker and most include dishwashers too. We only saw one that included fridge / freezer so would work on the assumption that you will need your own.

Binbird
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
HI Beth Thanks for that web site will add to my list, not come across one like it

Cheers

Nicky
Hi

Most rentals only come with cookers, some may have dishwashers.

But mrrentals are good, they hire the goods out and if there is a prob they have a 24 hr service, so if anything is wrong they will be there within 24hrs fix it or replace, which I think is great!

I brought a washing machine here and I have had the service men out to fix it 7 times in 3years, and the quickest time was I think 10days!!!!! and with 2 toddlers you can imagine how my laundry room looked.

HTH

K
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:03 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kimi
I brought a washing machine here and I have had the service men out to fix it 7 times in 3years, and the quickest time was I think 10days!!!!! and with 2 toddlers you can imagine how my laundry room looked.

HTH

K
Better tell us the brand and model........... so we can avoid it !!

I've had LG washers here, and so far, touch wood, no problems in my 3 years with this one. and 5 years with the other, which we left in a rental house we own.

I would check the rental costs carefully, and work out the total cost over the agreed term, as it often comes out "well over" the actual cost price.

Other than in one house, where we left the washer, as they asked for it, and paid extra , we only leave the standard cooker and hob in rental houses.

Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond]Better tell us the brand and model........... so we can avoid it !!

am I allowed to say the make and model??

K
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

james the cat will become famous soon enoughjames the cat will become famous soon enough

Is it not cheaper to buy new ones than to ship it out? We sold our stuff in the uk, and bought from a factory seconds shop here (new stuff, but normally just the box is damaged), over a year it works out roughly the same to rent as to buy from here, plus you can sell it at the end of the year if you want.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

am I allowed to say the make and model??

K
Why not?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:53 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, other than a Cooker, some places do have dishwashers, and in alot of units they have clothes dryers.

Also try Rentals to go. They're national and have a website if you do a search.

Paul.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Why not?
Its an Ariston,

K
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:08 am
ABCDiamond

Its an Ariston,

K
It seems like you are not alone...
http://www.cheapskates.com.au/forum/...345&messages=6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.