Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

White & Co for Shipping anyone used them?

White & Co for Shipping anyone used them?

Old Jan 15th 2010, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

tramway will become famous soon enoughtramway will become famous soon enough
Default White & Co for Shipping anyone used them?

Hi, read through all the shipping posts but can't find any reccies for "White & Co" has anybody used them and have any reports.

Thanks all
Old Jan 15th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: White & Co for Shipping anyone used them?

Hi anyone used these? Cheers
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Blueracer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi We use White & Co when we came to Perth in 2006 they were reasonable enough, we did have a few breakages along the way so were relieved to have been insured. Don't forget its worth spending time completing the inventory with individually cost estimates on your possessions as they refer to it re:broken items.

Apart from that all very easy they turn up UK end bubble wrap and paper wrap all your belongings next time you see them they are being delivered and off loaded at your rental/home in Australia. Easy as that, I would recommend them.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, they don't seem to be that popular somehow just wondering.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

We used them and they were great! I would highly recommend them.
xx
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

cheers
Old Jan 17th 2010, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

hi, we've booked Whites for our move over in 11 weeks - they were recommended by our friends who went over last year and since then i've heard of several people who have used them for national removals (they are a local company to us)
Was really impressed with them when they came to give a quote so fingers crossed. let you know how good they were in 4 months time
Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

We used White & Co and were fairly happy with them.The guys at the Uk end were friendly and efficient.I wished that they had packed a couple of things a bit more carefully rather than bubble wrapping my ironing board.The guys at this end were ok.I had some breakages as a result of one of then dropping a box coming out of the truck.He didnt think that I had seen him do it and somehow found it amusing.However overall I was happy with them and their quote was reasonable.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by irishbloo
We used White & Co and were fairly happy with them.The guys at the Uk end were friendly and efficient.I wished that they had packed a couple of things a bit more carefully rather than bubble wrapping my ironing board.The guys at this end were ok.I had some breakages as a result of one of then dropping a box coming out of the truck.He didnt think that I had seen him do it and somehow found it amusing.However overall I was happy with them and their quote was reasonable.
Cheers, loved the bubble wrapped ironing board
ps did they include the AQIS customs fee in your quote & if so ws it all ok or did you end up paying in Oz again?

Thanks

Last edited by tramway; Feb 5th 2010 at 8:02 am.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

markntracy is an unknown quantity at this point

we used whites and they were fine, everything was well packed, only 2 picture frames were cracked which was pretty good. Choosing what to insure is difficult, I would suggest only insuring any valuable items which you would really be upset if damaged. I believe if electrical items wont work you will not be able to claim unless there is sign of actual damage, dampness or water damage wont be covered.

Whites used movements International in brisbane and yet again they were good, keeping us informed of any delays and customs problems.

Mark
Old Feb 5th 2010, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markntracy
we used whites and they were fine, everything was well packed, only 2 picture frames were cracked which was pretty good. Choosing what to insure is difficult, I would suggest only insuring any valuable items which you would really be upset if damaged. I believe if electrical items wont work you will not be able to claim unless there is sign of actual damage, dampness or water damage wont be covered.

Whites used movements International in brisbane and yet again they were good, keeping us informed of any delays and customs problems.

Mark
Thanks, did they include the AQIS customs fee in your quote & if so ws it all ok or did you end up paying in Oz again? Also roughly how long did shipment take. Cheers
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tramway
Thanks, did they include the AQIS customs fee in your quote & if so ws it all ok or did you end up paying in Oz again? Also roughly how long did shipment take. Cheers
We also used them back in 2007 and were really happy with the service we received, especially as they were our cheapest quote, ended up with only one broken glass.
I don't think any shipper would include AQIS as they wouldn't know how much it was going to cost - it varies.

Sorry I can't remember exactly how long it took now, think the ship sailed around middle of August, arrived in Brissie about 6 weeks later Then came the wait this end! Wasn't too impressed with the guys this end kept being fobbed off by them, in the end the delay was because we'd shipped a new washer and dryer. From what I recall we actually had our container delivered towards the end of October.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by curly
We also used them back in 2007 and were really happy with the service we received, especially as they were our cheapest quote, ended up with only one broken glass.
I don't think any shipper would include AQIS as they wouldn't know how much it was going to cost - it varies.

Sorry I can't remember exactly how long it took now, think the ship sailed around middle of August, arrived in Brissie about 6 weeks later Then came the wait this end! Wasn't too impressed with the guys this end kept being fobbed off by them, in the end the delay was because we'd shipped a new washer and dryer. From what I recall we actually had our container delivered towards the end of October.
Thanks, Had you still the washer/dryer in a box, was it obviously new as we were thinking same but not having it in a box?
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tramway
Thanks, Had you still the washer/dryer in a box, was it obviously new as we were thinking same but not having it in a box?
Yes we didn't try to conceal it, didn't want any hassle! It honestly didn't cost much ( can't remember how much nearly 3 years down the line!) And definitely cheaper for us to buy them in the UK.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by curly
Yes we didn't try to conceal it, didn't want any hassle! It honestly didn't cost much ( can't remember how much nearly 3 years down the line!) And definitely cheaper for us to buy them in the UK.
Ya cheers, we have to leave white goods for tenants so were thinking would get new machines for ourselves but not pack them as obviously new.
Enjoy your wknd.