Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom - The Aussie equivalent!

Whinging Pom - The Aussie equivalent!

Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:38 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whinging Pom - The Aussie equivalent!

Is there one?

Please tell!
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom - The Aussie equivalent!

I wonder.........
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sparky wife

I wonder.........
Yeah me too!

The 'whinging Pom' title is probably no 1 for the Aussies (apart from 'Pommie Bastard') ... and just wonder what the equivalent for them is??

Old Sep 19th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

There isn't.

If an Aussie is whinging, call them a "whinging pom" .. it's then a double insult.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bibbs
There isn't.

If an Aussie is whinging, call them a "whinging pom" .. it's then a double insult.

But the 'no1' insult to an Aussie is?
Old Sep 19th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

How can you insult perfection?

My mate once ran through Waterloo station with his hands mock handcuffed yelling "it was only a loaf of bread, don't send me there!".

And then added the line "Nah, I like Aussies, I think every home should have one!".
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

But the 'no1' insult to an Aussie is?
Calling them a kiwi of course!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:00 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

yes dont know what their official name is though, got a mate who has moved here from NSW and does nothing but moan about what she cant get over here, she is so funny to listen to. To top it off she spotted my M&S bag and nearly freeked out saying how she loves M&S.. she lived in the UK for a bit
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:56 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there one?

Please tell!
Sheep 'worrier'
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Sheep 'worrier'
No...sorry....thats a kiwi as well!
Old Sep 21st 2008, 5:46 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Poms may whinge about Australia , but nowhere near as much as Aussies whinge about the UK.

The reply "Why the hell did you come here is good in both cases"

Life's to short to whinge.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

denkar101 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Zambia
Poms may whinge about Australia , but nowhere near as much as Aussies whinge about the UK.

The reply "Why the hell did you come here is good in both cases"

Life's to short to whinge.
Not all of us do, I love it here, especially the weather.
Honest.

Cheers,
Dennis
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:10 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denkar101
Not all of us do, I love it here, especially the weather.
Honest.

Cheers,
Dennis
I stand corrected

1 Aussie loves it here
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 12:13 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Is there one?

Please tell!
Yes. Dare point it out to them though and you are likely to be accused of being a 'whinging pom' yourself.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

In my vaguely limited experience, I've not met anyone from any nation who can't whinge for their country if they put their mind to it. Americans anywhere, Brits anywhere, Aussies anywhere and so on ad infinitum. The French are the worst if you ask me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.