Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whinging Aussies.

Whinging Aussies.

Old May 12th 2003, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Whinging Aussies.

Has anybody else noticed that the general conversation is OZ at the moment is about as cheerfull as a bunch of old ladies on pension day.

Moaning about healthcare, increasing costs, collapsing medicare, Health insurance rip offs.

Moans about food prices, low wages and ever increasing Taxes.

Complaints about how anybody is affording to get on the housing ladder.

And moaning about the rain rain and more rain we have had the last two months.

Asked a friend this morning how she was and got a sorry tale of how they could not afford the mortage on husbands wage of $460 a week, now selling the house.

I am scared to ask anybody how they are anymore, pity those poor kids in the Supermarket, "How are you today", they must get a right earfull.

Cant wait till the Budget next week, can you imagine that now we have the war to pay off. Dont ask how anybody is next Wednesday.
Old May 12th 2003, 3:43 am
Bilbo

Default Re: Whinging Aussies.

Originally posted by dotty
Has anybody else noticed that the general conversation is OZ at the moment is about as cheerfull as a bunch of old ladies on pension day.

Moaning about healthcare, increasing costs, collapsing medicare, Health insurance rip offs.

Asked a friend this morning how she was and got a sorry tale of how they could not afford the mortage on husbands wage of $460 a week, now selling the house.

I am scared to ask anybody how they are anymore, pity those poor kids in the Supermarket, "How are you today", they must get a right earfull.

Cant wait till the Budget next week, can you imagine that now we have the war to pay off. Dont ask how anybody is next Wednesday.
Misery just LOVES company.

Old May 14th 2003, 4:25 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty

How are you, newly budgeted Aussie residents? Was it good for you too?

Cheers - Don
Old May 14th 2003, 4:54 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
How are you, newly budgeted Aussie residents? Was it good for you too?

Cheers - Don
According to 'News'Paper I am now $11.01 a week better off, my figures are a bit different...but hell what does my view count I only live here?

( I also moaned about 'News'papers reporting of taxation in the UK....hee hee)

Payroll bore